Where the game turned - omens, mojo and such. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Where the game turned - omens, mojo and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Had to work and kept checking the score on my phone so I knew the result. Watched the game last night. I hit the play button and who is sitting there looking relaxed is the legend himself. Some good mojo right there. It was also pretty funny listening to my wife describe herself jumping up and down when Jalen drains it!

Reaction Score
Im in Korea for work. Went out last night and tied one on. I set my alarm to check the score on my phone and saw we were down by like 9 in the first half....rolled my eyes and went back to sleep. I miraculously did this for the end of the second and for the end of every overtime....I was too tired to realize what was going on. When we finally won I turned on the TV and it happened to be espn....it was 15 minutes straight of highlights from the game. My hangover went from really painful to gone in the matter of seconds. I got the chills when I saw that shot. I could not believe it!

Reaction Score
I am a nervous fan. I pace during close games, I turn the game off for set periods of time, whatever - a full game sitting still might kill me. In particularly important games or if the game goes south, I almost always leave the house at some point to go somewhere else and watch on my phone. It's easier on the family.

I either go to the Italian deli on a made up errand or I go running in the park. At halftime I was a bundle of nerves, so I bailed down to the deli.

I'm in the deli (upstate New York, mind you) and in walks one of our graduating seniors from the football team. You cannot beat that for an omen. I was actually overconfident in the second half....

(Until we blew the seven-point lead. Then I drove down to the park and went running. I was next to a swamp when Jalen saved the world.)
I wish I could get up and leave like you. I painfully have to watch every second even if we have no chance of winning like if we're down with less than a second to play and we have to go full court to score. I should just shut the game off and get to my meeting right.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I dvr'd the game and added extra time in case of overtime. Avoided anything that might spoil my ignorance of the outcome. Watching game, wife waiting to go out, first OT, second OT, third OT starts and I keep checking how much recording I have left. It turned out I had just enough to see the miracle shot. End of recording. No freaking way to see the fourth OT, so had to just find out the outcome. I was strangely at peace at that point, whichever way it wound up. Was still surprised to see that the good guys brought it home. Just saw OT4 this morning. Jalen and Daniel coming of age in a big game? Epic!

Now I guess I will have to add a full hour to recordings rather than 30 minutes.

Reaction Score
I dvr'd the game and added extra time in case of overtime. Avoided anything that might spoil my ignorance of the outcome. Watching game, wife waiting to go out, first OT, second OT, third OT starts and I keep checking how much recording I have left. It turned out I had just enough to see the miracle shot. End of recording. No freaking way to see the fourth OT, so had to just find out the outcome. I was strangely at peace at that point, whichever way it wound up. Was still surprised to see that the good guys brought it home. Just saw OT4 this morning. Jalen and Daniel coming of age in a big game? Epic!

Now I guess I will have to add a full hour to recordings rather than 30 minutes.
After the Cuse 6OT game, I always add 2 recording hours onto any recorded UCONN game.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
On the TV in my rental house. I'm not always at my best watching big UCONN games in public.

I'm much less envious now.

I was fantasizing which var you were at watching the game.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I stopped watching a few times today... and every time I stopped they would go on a run. I turned the game off with 0.8 seconds left and went and ate dinner. My dad called me an hour after the game, had to listen to me rant about Duke losing to Notre Dame for 5 minutes before he realized I hadn't seen the end of the game. :eek:

You're all welcome. ;)

Yeah, my buddy and I both worked and were following on the ESPN box score. When Cinci hit the 3, he must've seen that and texted me "Ugh." I then followed the craziness on twitter and texted back that Jalen Adams had hit a full court shot to tie it. He didn't believe me for a couple of minutes.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
After the Cuse 6OT game, I always add 2 recording hours onto any recorded UCONN game.

5505, member: 42"]I dvr'd the game and added extra time in case of overtime. Avoided anything that might spoil my ignorance of the outcome. Watching game, wife waiting to go out, first OT, second OT, third OT starts and I keep checking how much recording I have left. It turned out I had just enough to see the miracle shot. End of recording. No freaking way to see the fourth OT, so had to just find out the outcome. I was strangely at peace at that point, whichever way it wound up. Was still surprised to see that the good guys brought it home. Just saw OT4 this morning. Jalen and Daniel coming of age in a big game? Epic!

Now I guess I will have to add a full hour to recordings rather than 30 minutes.[/QUOTE]

I caught the replay on the WatchESPN App on Amazon FireTV. When I saw the recorded game length was 2:48 (and they cut out halftime), I knew it was going to be a classic.

I've watched Adams' shot at least 50 times and I still can't believe it goes in. Dare I say, Patrick was a pro on the play by play. He stayed on the game, not the celebration and said good if it goes. Elmore's reaction is awesome.

Reaction Score
Tried to catch some of it at work, finally got a watchespn picture, just in time to see Rodney go barreling down an empty lane, and clang a dunk off the back rim, which lead to a fouling the Cinci shooter on a 3-pt attempt about 5 seconds later. I turned it off before I saw how much damage it cost us. I did finally turn it back on, and saw the last minute of so of regulation, just in gamecast. Pulled that watchespn back up for OT. After the 3rd OT (and buzzer beater), I had to watch the rest from the flat screen nearby that has no sound. Just me grinning loudly.

Reaction Score
Most people might not believe this, and hopefully it will be buried here, but I skipped out on going to the game because I didn't want to cost them the game.

I'm in FL on vacation. I extended my stay, ostensibly to drive 3 hrs to Orlando to watch the game. Day of, I chickened out. Every big game I've watched live, UCONN has lost. And we needed this one bad.

So I missed one of the best games in UCONN history....and we might have won because of it. Sacrifice. Doing my part.

Ohhhhh, this doesn't bode well for you and your neck, amigo.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Ohhhhh, this doesn't bode well for you and your neck, amigo.

Deep, I have no idea what you are talking about. But I liked your post anyway, because it's probably funny. hahaha

Reaction Score
Forgot my mojo and didn't dress for the game.
Remembered at half time and put on best UConn gear.
Forgot again and poured a glass of Jameson when up 7.
Remembered again and didn't take a sip until we won.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom