"Where has it gotten you" | Page 2 | The Boneyard

"Where has it gotten you"

Reaction Score
League. Need big east. Need chances to play top 25 teams 6-8 times in conference play. Not 2-3 times when we hope that Cincy and SMU are gonna be ranked.

Gonzaga says hello. Coaching is more important than the league. Hopefully Ollie can pull it back together. There is plenty of good competition in the AAC as our recent record shows.

Reaction Score
It would be take 4-5 more bad seasons to say that basketball is "going down the drain." WTF is she talking about? We're talking about a program that is 3 years removed from a title.

Reaction Score
Since O'Neil is talking about the past and not the future, realize that UConn in 1992 kept the conference together. The BE was readying for a split, but UConn (which by 1991 was already talking about joining BE football) wanted/needed to keep the 2 together.

It is likely the entire future of UConn would have been different were it not for joining/trying to join football.

Post 1992, there might have been no games against Syracuse, BC, Pitt, Louisville, West Virginia, etc.

UConn fans would have been trekking to games in Omaha to play Creighton, while watching longingly at Syracuse v. Pitt bball games.

Reaction Score
Lew was right too. Unfortunately it didn't work out for us.

Right now she is right . The fact is that our gambit to be ready for football for CR has hurt the hoops program. As things stand today. There is no debating that.
If you want to debate that we had to try, I can see that point.
But again as it stands today if we didn't try we are in a better place Today.

Maybe in the future that changes . Maybe not

Disagree. Our hoops program has hurt our hoops program. I watch Gonzaga, Butler, Xavier, et al remain consistent Top 25 programs who have achieved much less than we have combined. KO needs to coach and recruit better.....period. Injuries sucked this year but there is no flippin way we should be finishing 5th and 6th place in this conference year after year. That is NOT due to "chasing football". That is due to coaches and players not being good enough. So our success was only because we were in the Big East? JC def used that to get us going yes. But 4 national championships later I say bull . We have more resources, brand recognition and history than any school in the AAC and have failed to be the top dog. Kansas wins the B12 every year, Zags win their Conf every year, that should be us. Hoops needs to step it up period.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
The underlying claim here is that without FB we'd be in the C7 league which they see as a more viable BB league largely based on Nova's title run and the ACC's lack of NCAA accomplishments. Willfully ignoring 2014.

We are talking about a 5 year span at most. Way too short to be drawing conclusions. If the next AAC media deal is a lot higher than the BE deal then things will change. The BE still doesn't have a lot to sell in terms of eyeballs. The AAC is in a better position because of FB.

Bingo.

Fair enough. I've bookmarked. We will revisit topic in 2023:)

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The premise is simply idiotic.

It's like saying the Jets sucking will impact the Yankees this season.

Mutually exclusive entities.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That could be a modified boneyard death pool competition

Which happens first , August dies of Arby's or UConn gets P5 invite.
I feel like this needs to be a poll.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The underlying claim here is that without FB we'd be in the C7 league which they see as a more viable BB league largely based on Nova's title run and the ACC's lack of NCAA accomplishments. Willfully ignoring 2014.

We are talking about a 5 year span at most. Way too short to be drawing conclusions. If the next AAC media deal is a lot higher than the BE deal then things will change. The BE still doesn't have a lot to sell in terms of eyeballs. The AAC is in a better position because of FB.

A 5 year span in which we won a National Championship. You can eliminate 342 other schools. The only thing that matters in Natty Cs.

Include one more year and that's 2 National Championships, and no one has had a better run than that.
That could be a modified boneyard death pool competition

Which happens first , August dies of Arby's or UConn gets P5 invite.

Not sure you are going to like looking at those (long) odds staring you right in the face every day.

That said, there's a huge money making opportunity there for you. Not sure you're interested in that kind of discipline though. hahaha

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
A 5 year span in which we won a National Championship. You can eliminate 342 other schools. The only thing that matters in Natty Cs.

Include one more year and that's 2 National Championships, and no one has had a better run than that.

Not sure you are going to like looking at those (long) odds staring you right in the face every day.

That said, there's a huge money making opportunity there for you. Not sure you're interested in that kind of discipline though. hahaha

It's an easy bet. Arby's doesn't come into the equation because everyone over the age of 50 here will be dead before a P5 invite.

I see the angles ;-)

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
I won a dead pool once with my Mother Theresa pick. I am eternally f-----!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom