Where does Uconn Football goes from here? | The Boneyard

Where does Uconn Football goes from here?

Reaction Score
We all have had a chance to see what Coach Edsall is doing and what he has done, especially cleaning house and bringing in Lashlee, Grimes, and Crocker. We have a staff that coached winning programs before they came here and i believe that is one reason we have recruits that have committed to Uconn. There are couple of recruits that could've gone to winning programs such as Nyadu, who chose Uconn over a prestige Boise St that knows how to win. Krajewksi who chose Uconn over Syracuse that is a p5 school. Harris who chose Uconn over a couple of p5 schools, Jones picking Uconn over couple of p5 schools. I believe those kids committed Uconn because of the coaching staff and they know that Coach Edsall is rebuilding the team to be one of the best in the country. There are gonna be growing pains, but hey its a process and some of these young players will end up being a lot better next year and it will be interesting to see who will rise as a leader on defense and on offense, especially in the secondary and whoever is at quarterback.

Reaction Score
We all have had a chance to see what Coach Edsall is doing and what he has done, especially cleaning house and bringing in Lashlee, Grimes, and Crocker. We have a staff that coached winning programs before they came here and i believe that is one reason we have recruits that have committed to Uconn. There are couple of recruits that could've gone to winning programs such as Nyadu, who chose Uconn over a prestige Boise St that knows how to win. Krajewksi who chose Uconn over Syracuse that is a p5 school. Harris who chose Uconn over a couple of p5 schools, Jones picking Uconn over couple of p5 schools. I believe those kids committed Uconn because of the coaching staff and they know that Coach Edsall is rebuilding the team to be one of the best in the country. There are gonna be growing pains, but hey its a process and some of these young players will end up being a lot better next year and it will be interesting to see who will rise as a leader on defense and on offense, especially in the secondary and whoever is at quarterback.

I think your underestimating the level of depth/talent for the near future.

Reaction Score
A positive, realistic scenario is that we win another game or two this year, win 5 games next year, and then look much improved the year after that. Hopefully when the current freshman are seniors we can compete for a conference championship.

Reaction Score
It's tough to rebuild a program living in a microwave society.

There is nothing that tells me Randy can't fix this mess.

If he keeps the OC and OL coach for year number 3, we should be in good shape if they leave there after.

As for the defense the jury is still way out.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
This is college football. There is an entirely new team every couple years. QB, LB, DL are priorities assuming some of the kids in the secondary will get better. We always need more OL pieces but this idea that we are sunk because the Diaco stink can't be rubbed off immediately.

The one thing that concerns me is that the Defense isn't getting better at fundamentals. That's coaching. It will be interesting to see what happens in the off-season because there is, "learning a new system" and there is whatever we have been seeing this season. There is nothing in the 3-3-5 that prevents reading and reacting to the ball, making good solid tackles, and being in position.

As bad as the secondary has been it would not surprise me at all if better front 7 play and more aggressive coverage wouldn't do them a world of good.

There is no excuse for missing the tackle they've been missing all season.

Reaction Score
Not at all sure there is much potential to win a 4th game this year. Maybe Cincinnati. But I think it is 60/40 that we have seen the last of winning this year. Sorry negatoid police but it is what it is.

Next year, we will have to see. Big question at QB. Right side of the OL should be pretty solid as those frosh will be a year older. Not sure the D will be much better as they have appeared to make little progress this year. So much for the coach 'em up theory. Hard to coach speed and athleticism into bodies where it didn't initially exist . Again, apologies to the negatoid police.

Reaction Score
Where does UConn Football go from here? I think they stay home for a meeting with USF next week. And....they get on the players that gave up Saturday and keep recruiting so that they can actually compete in D-1 football. That's where they go.

Go Huskies!!

Reaction Score
Not at all sure there is much potential to win a 4th game this year. Maybe Cincinnati. But I think it is 60/40 that we have seen the last of winning this year. Sorry negatoid police but it is what it is.

Next year, we will have to see. Big question at QB. Right side of the OL should be pretty solid as those frosh will be a year older. Not sure the D will be much better as they have appeared to make little progress this year. So much for the coach 'em up theory. Hard to coach speed and athleticism into bodies where it didn't initially exist . Again, apologies to the negatoid police.
The QB competition next year should be the best we've had in a while. I'm really not worried about that position group. The entire defense and RB depth are the glaring holes right now, imo.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
The QB competition next year should be the best we've had in a while. I'm really not worried about that position group. The entire defense and RB depth are the glaring holes right now, imo.

If Hopkins is out, does that put Thompson at RB2? Love the kid's hustle but that is tough...

Reaction Score
If Hopkins is out, does that put Thompson at RB2? Love the kid's hustle but that is tough...
Yeah him or mensah, and then maybe expect to see Vickers unless the staff has some sort of issue with him. There has to be a reason the kid hasn't seen the field all year

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Yeah him or mensah, and then maybe expect to see Vickers unless the staff has some sort of issue with him. There has to be a reason the kid hasn't seen the field all year

Maybe the "sped-up tape" thing is legit. Who knows.

Reaction Score
After watching Byron Jones get a pick 6 to seal a win for my Cowboys, it made me wonder..... Hmm some people have referred to UConn a DB U, how ironic given the current state of their defensive backfield!

Reaction Score
Up....
In this program we are going to have discipline. You can’t win without discipline, without doing things correctly all the time. If you want to be great, you need to do it 24-7, 365, from the time you get up in the morning, to the time you go to bed. Those are my expectations, that’s not going to change. — Randy Edsall

Great read!!!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

You aren’t worried about going into a season without a quarterback who has led a successful drive in an FBS game?

No offense - until there is someone who can actually play quarterback at an average AAC level the entire position is a worry/question mark.

Reaction Score
You aren’t worried about going into a season without a quarterback who has led a successful drive in an FBS game?

No offense - until there is someone who can actually play quarterback at an average AAC level the entire position is a worry/question mark.
As long as Lashlee is here I'm not going to be overly worried about the QB position. All four guys competing next year have better arm talent than Bryant. If just one of them has it between the ears, we'll be ok.

Reaction Score
A positive, realistic scenario is that we win another game or two this year, win 5 games next year, and then look much improved the year after that. Hopefully when the current freshman are seniors we can compete for a conference championship.

Um...under no realistic scenario do I see us winning two games. Cincy maybe but not two.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
As long as Lashlee is here I'm not going to be overly worried about the QB position. All four guys competing next year have better arm talent than Bryant. If just one of them has it between the ears, we'll be ok.

The guy who brought in Pindell and made him the starter?

I’m going to believe we have a quarterback when I see someone who can play quarterback.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Shirreffs this year is likely much better than any of those four will be next year. He has only thrown 4 picks in eight games so far. He's not the reason we blow. I just hope when our defense improves next year, we aren't left will no one of value at QB and we are back to classic Edsall ball.

Reaction Score
This is going to be a very long rebuilding job. Four years until we can get into the top third in the conference and that might be asking a lot.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
This is going to be a very long rebuilding job. Four years until we can get into the top third in the conference and that might be asking a lot.
Well we better do it quicker than that. The next (and probably last as far as we are concerned) CR curfuffle is going to happen in 6-7 years. We need to be winning 8-9 games a year for a few years towards the end of those 7 years.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This is the AAC. We don't need 4 years to rebuild. UConn should be challenging for a bowl game next season. I don't know if we can make it to the upper echelon of the league though. Nothing we need to worry about for a couple of years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom