Where does uconn bball rank in your life? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Where does uconn bball rank in your life?

What do you care about the most?

• Uconn bball men/women

Votes: 258 91.2%
  • Your favorite football team

Votes: 12 4.2%
  • Favorite baseball team

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Fantasy football

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • College football

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Hockey

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Your golf game

Votes: 7 2.5%
  • Pro bball

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
My ten year old son called me out this year. He said “Dad, you like UConn [men’s basketball] more than the Yankees. I’m a huge Yankee fan. He’s right. I’m a UConn Mens’ basketball fanatic.

Reaction Score
It's funny you mention the skewed results. I was trying to find a better way to phrase the question. Curious if the results would've been different if it were 2015-20ish when the Pats and Sox were king and uconn bball was slumping.
I’m sure it would be very different if all CT residents were polled during that time. There is so much going on with pro sports in the northeast, fans are fickle.

Things will definitely change grand-scheme over the next 10 years as more boomers who grew up on baseball die off and hopefully UConn becomes consistently decent at football, wins another NC, and hopefully finds its way into a real conference

Reaction Score
My golf game is #1.
Then UConn bball, Yankees, NY Giants. Don't really care about UConn football to be honest.

Reaction Score
If you are checking the men’s b-ball board and it’s a beautiful Labor Day weekend then it’s s foregone conclusion
Haaa. Yes. As of right now. I distinctly remember a BYchat during the dark days of last season where people were choosing to watch playoff football over uconn mbb game.

Reaction Score
1. UConn mens basketball
2. Sacred Heart University hockey
3. UConn football
4. UConn womens basketball
5. Mets, Jets, Nets
6. Bridgeport Islanders

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Jesus we are a dedicated bunch. If it was ever in doubt that the BY has the biggest diehards and non-casuals around, this poll clarifies it. I’m guilty as well though.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
They were combined but UConn Men #1 for me, WBB way down.
1. UConn MBB
2. Patriots
3 Red Sox
4. Celtics
5. Bruins
6. Kansas MBB
7 UConn Football
8. Kansas Football
9. NE Revolution
10. UConn Hockey, Baseball, WBB

If the World Cup is happening then USA men jump up quite a lot for a little while. What I watch depends in part on the value of a particular game. Pats > UConn cupcake game.

Reaction Score
  • Uconn bball men (the only thing on the list that I’ll go way out of my way to not miss)
Huge gap
  • My golf game (given the option to play, a husky hoops game would be only thing on this list that I would say no to playing golf for, and I am really bad at golf)
  • Yankees
Another huge gap
  • College football
  • NFL
  • Hockey
  • Pro bball
  • Fantasy football (never played and no plan to)

Reaction Score
Patriots
UConn men BB
Red Sox
Celtics
UConn women BB
UConn football
All other UConn sports teams

Started going to UConn games back in the 60’s when I attend EOSmith. Lived in Boston and now in NC.

Reaction Score
Patriots
UConn men BB
Red Sox
Celtics
UConn women BB
UConn football
All other UConn sports teams

Started going to UConn games back in the 60’s when I attend EOSmith. Lived in Boston and now in NC.
And yet @Jaydumo20 you have people like this lol so maybe my theory is wrong

Clearly there are alums who care more about professionals who are making a pay check and couldn’t care less about the fans than they care about kids who committed to the university for nothing and shared dorms with them; the people to whom the phrase “Students today, Huskies forever” doesn’t mean much

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Uconn men BB. I could not be happier with program, coaches and players. I honestly don't watch the women play but whenever I catch a few minutes for one reason or another I marvel at how dedicated and wisely coached they all are. I especially love to watch their fundamentals. It's like a clinic.

NY Giants (I have come back as a fan since the new coaches arrived). What sea change they are. Passionate about winning again. They are bringing back memories of childhood and later the Parcels, Belechick, L Taylor years. This is going to be a great Fall again with the Giants and then Uconn bb starting up again.

Yankees - they are a distant third now. Between the management and owners I don't know who is more boring and predictable. The entire Major Leagues just seem totally boring now. There doesn't seem to be any passion about winning. Every game is like a day at the beach. Get on base and exchange pleasantries with opposing team players. Players trying to milk the team; owners trying to milk the players. It's a mess. Added to that is their tv arrangements where the media and team are both milking the fans. See ya !!!

Reaction Score
And yet @Jaydumo20 you have people like this lol so maybe my theory is wrong

Clearly there are alums who care more about professionals who are making a pay check and couldn’t care less about the fans than they care about kids who committed to the university for nothing and shared dorms with them; the people to whom the phrase “Students today, Huskies forever” doesn’t mean much
I feel like there are more on here like this. I also feel like, before April, the above results would look different. I'm gonna do this poll again if Uconn has a poor start and the Pats/Giants are somehow winning their divisions by Dec.

Reaction Score
1. UConn Men’s Basketball
2. New York Giants
3. New York Knicks
4. New York Mets
5. UConn Football

Reaction Score
@Rocktheworld I do appreciate this honesty
I mean I guess I missed that post, speaks a lot about the boomer lol

Then again the poor kid went to UConn nearly a lifetime before any real success found the program so how can you blame them

I was on campus from 08-12, the best 4-year run the AD has ever seen, so I’ve been a little more invested in athletics

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I just can't wait for the season to start - these threads...................

My top priority is any team my grandkids play on. Anything UConn and anything Soccer come a distant 2nd

Reaction Score
My golf game is #1 but UConn basketball is also #1- fortunately, UConn bball takes place when golf season is over!

Reaction Score
I just can't wait for the season to start - these threads...................

My top priority is any team my grandkids play on. Anything UConn and anything Soccer come a distant 2nd
I take full responsibility for starting some crappy threads, but you'll be begging to vote in a late summer poll when we get our first 'Hurley Ain't the Guy' post sometime in early Dec.

Reaction Score
Uconn mens basketball
Uconn football
Uconn women’s basketball
Greenbay packers
Boston Celtics

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads