Where do we go from here? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Where do we go from here?

Reaction Score
PG - Ball/Nowell
SG - ??
SF - Ross/Stewart
PF - Karaban (hopefully) Abraham
C - Samson/ Singare

If Karaban and Samson comes back we just need some ball handlers. Another Cam Spencer would actually be perfect.

I can imagine Ball and Nowell having a Boatright/Shabazz kind of on court relationship that year.

If Karaban doesn’t come back we may need a transfer 4 because I don’t think Stewart or Ross should play there full time.
I would agree the 4 is the most interesting potential roster hole. If Karaban plays like I think he will we should be looking to fill that position next offseason and I would argue that is the most important spot in the modern college game.

Reaction Score
PG - Ball/Nowell
SG - ??
SF - Ross/Stewart
PF - Karaban (hopefully) Abraham
C - Samson/ Singare

If Karaban and Samson comes back we just need some ball handlers. Another Cam Spencer would actually be perfect.

I can imagine Ball and Nowell having a Boatright/Shabazz kind of on court relationship that year.

If Karaban doesn’t come back we may need a transfer 4 because I don’t think Stewart or Ross should play there full time.

Solo isn't a PG

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Can we all agree that fans of a team that is the current national champion and is ranked in the top 10 should not be asking the question "where do we go from here?" as if they were fans of some perpetually bad mid-major?

We are UConn. We are better than you. End of story.

Reaction Score
I might be in the minority but I would not be against handing the keys off to Nowell from Day 1 and taking the good with the bad of a freshman point guard. Have Solo at the SG spot to take some pressure off and have Diarra as a veteran PG backup or to spot start if things got super shaky.
Can’t go into the season without a single proven option at the point. But I’m not concerned, Hurley can fill that hole in the portal.

Reaction Score
I don’t want this to come across as though I don’t like Hassan. I think he’s a great piece to have, but he is MILES away from Taliek offensively. Currently he guards the opposing PG, but he really isn’t able to run the point offensively and is not a good distributor. If he improves enough to be a starter, I would be ecstatic, I’m just not super confident from a guy going on his fourth college season.
He’s a great kid but if Diarra is starting at pg and playing major minutes we’re in a lot of trouble. He’s an fantastic leader and good defender but more than minutes off the bench means we really whiffed on recruiting

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Solo isn't a PG
I disagree and I guess we’ll see when the season starts.

He was 2nd on the team in assists and did a lot of ball handling in Europe. I don’t know why people are so quick to write him off at the position. Especially seeing that what’s actually best for him and his career.

Reaction Score
Can’t go into the season without a single proven option at the point. But I’m not concerned, Hurley can fill that hole in the portal.
I think we have more holes then just the point. No one’s panicking just saying we still have a lot of needs to fill

Reaction Score
Joson Sanon reclassifying to 2024 and coming to UConn would be really splendid. As would Karaban returning for his junior year.

Diarra/Nowell
Ball/transfer
Ross/Sanon/Roumoglu
Karaban/Stewart/Abraham
Johnson/Singare

Probably a tournament team

Reaction Score
Disappointed Kevin Sorbo GIF

But seriously, we always do better when we are slighted aka when we're some hungry huskies. I cant wait to see what a pissed off Hurley does.

Looking back at the Flagg thread, we seriously tempted the Mojo gods, perhaps this is their punishment.

Reaction Score
We have plenty of time to transform our roster before then. I’m not at all worried. We’ll go hard at the portal and there’s always a few guys kicking around that fall through the cracks or that aren’t on our radar. Remember when we all logged into the Boneyard in 2012 or so and DeAndre Daniels had committed? Remember when we were missing on some big name guards and settled for Shabazz Napier? This staff is way too good to strikeout.

Reaction Score
Losing the big would be worse than missing on Flagg.

Recruiting is gonna be more of a crapshoot going forward - schools like freaking K State can NIL their way into situations they couldn’t previously.

My hunch is that they’ll just keep their eyes open…players will decommit, transfer, etc., so there’ll be players available. We got DeAndre Daniels and Joey California in June. We got Drummond in August, Kevin Freeman in May, etc., etc. Stuff happens.
Emeka Okafor in April or May. Charlie Villanueva in June. Shabazz Napier in April. It usually works out for us. Not worried in the least.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Can we all agree that fans of a team that is the current national champion and is ranked in the top 10 should not be asking the question "where do we go from here?" as if they were fans of some perpetually bad mid-major?

We are UConn. We are better than you. End of story.
Why are you offended by a question that’s on everyone’s minds? It’s fun to discuss what might potentially be our next moves. It’s crazy that expressing mild disappointment about anything on this board gets you labeled as hater or non believer.

Reaction Score
Why are you offended by a question that’s on everyone’s minds? It’s fun to discuss what might potentially be our next moves. It’s crazy that expressing mild disappointment about anything on this board gets you labeled as hater or non believer.
Or "get off the ledge". I am not worried about this year. I am starting to get concerned about our roster make up for next year as we have missed out on our last three targets, and have no plan B in the class of 2024. I had much higher expectations following a national championship and all of UConns recent NIL structure. A top 30 class isnt bad. Just not what I expected.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm pretty confident that I am part of everyone and I know with absolute certainty that it is not on my mind.

What is on my mind is excitement for the upcoming season and a ton of curiosity about how quickly our incoming freshman can develop.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I'm pretty confident that I am part of everyone and I know with absolute certainty that it is not on my mind.

What is on my mind is excitement for the upcoming season and a ton of curiosity about how quickly our incoming freshman can develop.
Well I can tell you you’re wrong cause you clicked on the thread. So now what?

Reaction Score
We go to the portal….but that’s much more expensive.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It's just way premature. We've got a good team. Hurley landed two solid recruits. Losing out on guys we weren't expected to get doesn't change anything.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I clicked on the thread initially to see if I had missed an announcement from on of our targets officially committing elsewhere. I responded to the op, talking him off the ledge, as there is quite a bit to be happy about with this program.

If you want to wallow in misery, slighty more than half a year removed from watching our team cut down the nets feel free. I can think of better things to occupy my mind.

Reaction Score
It's just way premature. We've got a good team. Hurley landed two solid recruits. Losing out on guys we weren't expected to get doesn't change anything.
Flagg sure. A hometown kid and then the cousin of a current commit who we stalked this summer?

Reaction Score
Most of the threads are talking about recruiting lol. There’s not much to talk about for this season until it starts

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Most of the threads are talking about recruiting lol. There’s not much to talk about for this season until it starts
Thats essentially what this thread is. Who are we going after next?
I clicked on the thread initially to see if I had missed an announcement from on of our targets officially committing elsewhere. I responded to the op, talking him off the ledge, as there is quite a bit to be happy about with this program.

If you want to wallow in misery, slighty more than half a year removed from watching our team cut down the nets feel free. I can think of better things to occupy my mind.
Now I’m wallowing in misery? Engaging with people here is such a waste of time.
What’s premature? The thread is asking what we think is coming next, it’s not like they demanded some immediate retribution for missing on the recruits. It’s just meant for discussion on a topic “most” of us care about. It’s not that deep.

Reaction Score
Emeka Okafor in April or May. Charlie Villanueva in June. Shabazz Napier in April. It usually works out for us. Not worried in the least.
Khalid el Amin and either Rip or Donyell were also late in the year, wasn't Rip the Dairy Bar recruit?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom