Where do we go from here? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Where do we go from here?

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Thats essentially what this thread is. Who are we going after next?

Now I’m wallowing in misery? Engaging with people here is such a waste of time.

What’s premature? The thread is asking what we think is coming next, it’s not like they demanded some immediate retribution for missing on the recruits. It’s just meant for discussion on a topic “most” of us care about. It’s not that deep.

I'm with you, these reactions are odd.

Reaction Score
Tough couple days on the old cruiting trail.

I don’t think we have any other offers out to 24s.

Do we pivot to purely 25s and then portal?

This sure stings right now, but I know this will only motivate this staff.
Do you understand how many recruits we`ve missed out on in the last 25 years and we still have 5 titles? I learned a long time ago to not get too worked up over who doesnt come here and spend my time and energy on who does. I remember in 2010 how that recruiting class got dogged for basically being a class that was a bunch of guys we settled for because we missed out on the bigger names. Remember we got "the other Lamb"? Yeah, turns out that class turned to to be our most successful class by winning two national titles.

Reaction Score
Retaining Samson for 24-25 is going to be very important, I suspect. Samson and Singare should be fine at center, but if he's gone, woo boy. We should be pretty good at 3/4.

Diarra? (X) / Nowell
Ball / X
Ross / Abraham
Stew / Roumoglou? (X)
Samson / Singare

Definitely feels like we're a 2/3 light in the recruiting ranks. It's hard to get quality transfers in as backups and our starters are probably going to be set (though maybe 1 of the freshmen underachieves and we'll transfer recruit over them). We'd also need another guard if Diarra doesnt take his 5th year (or doesnt improve).

Sanon reclass is probably best case scenario, but those are always hit or miss.

I would love it if like a VJ Edgecome went to Duke and we could steal away someone like Darren Harris if he de-committed (former teammate of Abraham). Maybe we can get back in with Jahki Howard. His recruitment seems to be still spinning along.
College hoops will. All for regular reshuffling of the deck between players leaving and NIL. Offer most kids a million or two and they would go to Bangladesh U.

Reaction Score
Do you understand how many recruits we`ve missed out on in the last 25 years and we still have 5 titles? I learned a long time ago to not get too worked up over who doesnt come here and spend my time and energy on who does. I remember in 2010 how that recruiting class got dogged for basically being a class that was a bunch of guys we settled for because we missed out on the bigger names. Remember we got "the other Lamb"? Yeah, turns out that class turned to to be our most successful class by winning two national titles.
I don’t think understand the point of recruiting threads lol. It’s to speculate on who will come
UConn. At this point we don’t have anyone to settle on because we haven’t offered anyone else in the class which is why I posed the question. Go yell at a cloud.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Thats essentially what this thread is. Who are we going after next?

Now I’m wallowing in misery? Engaging with people here is such a waste of time.

What’s premature? The thread is asking what we think is coming next, it’s not like they demanded some immediate retribution for missing on the recruits. It’s just meant for discussion on a topic “most” of us care about. It’s not that deep.
Stressing about 2024-25 is premature. Maybe it’s the phrase “where do we go from here”. Sounds helpless to me, something you’d say when you can’t see a way out of some predicament. It will work out.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Stressing about 2024-25 is premature. Maybe it’s the phrase “where do we go from here”. Sounds helpless to me, something you’d say when you can’t see a way out of some predicament. It will work out.

I get that, but no one's tone has been that strong. It's mostly "crap, that's not ideal, these were our main targets" and then "where do we start to pivot towards?" and I hadn't seen many overreactions that would warrant words like stressing or wallowing or even the word you've used twice, premature.

Filling the class of 2024 and then moving to the top targets of 2025 is here, it's not premature at all. Discussing it certainly isn't.

But alas, we should be talking about the actual topic, which was kind of his point.

Reaction Score
I think you’re injecting a lot into the statement. “Where do we go from here?” means what it says. What’s the plan after missing on our 2024 targets

Reaction Score
I don’t think understand the point of recruiting threads lol. It’s to speculate on who will come
UConn. At this point we don’t have anyone to settle on because we haven’t offered anyone else in the class which is why I posed the question. Go yell at a cloud.
Not yelling and have no problem with what you were saying. I was making my own point. Dont be so sensitive.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Stressing about UConn basketball takes up about 65% of my daily brain power! But nobody is that stressed, it’s just a conversation on a message board, I don’t think anyone said we’re doomed?

Reaction Score
The World GIF

where do we go from here? What do we do?

Reaction Score

In fairness, your post about Cincinnati’s recruiting relative to ours was embarrassing.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Get Dylan Harper on campus for the banner unveiling.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
You might win “craziest post of the day.”
Of the Day? We can use periods like week, month, year, decade, century…all might still apply here.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
We need to STOP going after to 20 recruits unless they are from Connecticut. It’s a waste of time and resources. None are ever coming here unless they rocket up the rankings after they already committed. We see this play out over and over, time and time again. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over but expecting a different result. Stop expecting this to ever change. IT WONT.

Reaction Score
I get that, but no one's tone has been that strong. It's mostly "crap, that's not ideal, these were our main targets" and then "where do we start to pivot towards?" and I hadn't seen many overreactions that would warrant words like stressing or wallowing or even the word you've used twice, premature.

Filling the class of 2024 and then moving to the top targets of 2025 is here, it's not premature at all. Discussing it certainly isn't.

But alas, we should be talking about the actual topic, which was kind of his point.
I think it's mostly the source of the posts for a lot people. When it's the same people questioning the recruiting year after year it gets a little tiresome

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom