Where are the idiots who p.ssed on Brimah? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Where are the idiots who p.ssed on Brimah?

Reaction Score
All you say is true AND he would be a big improvement over our present big men.
And sadly I can't disagree one bit. I'll always appreciate Amida for the 3 point play against St. Joe's, his play during that championship run and the effort he played with. It was never his fault that he succeeded a long line of good centers at a time of need. He gave us everything he had for sure.

Reaction Score
DHam last year in the G-League was averaging 15 / 8 / 5.
DHam in his last year at UConn was averaging 13 / 9 / 5.

That's not squandering anything. I wish he stayed at UConn for sure, because it would have changed our season last year. But I can't be mad at him for leaving to get paid to play. Again....that's not squandering anything...
Dham was extremely inefficient in his time at UConn. He stuffed the stat sheet because he always had the ball in his hands but the advanced stats weren't great. However, in the right system I think he could've been one of the more special players in the nation. His true shooting percentage is up as well as his FT rate (he was knockdown sophomore year but never got the line).

Regardless, if you want to say his potential wasn't squandered, fine...I'll give you Hamilton. I thing the list is longer than those two. I believe Gibbs and Facey were mishandled as well.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Dham was extremely inefficient in his time at UConn. He stuffed the stat sheet because he always had the ball in his hands but the advanced stats weren't great. However, in the right system I think he could've been one of the more special players in the nation. His true shooting percentage is up as well as his FT rate (he was knockdown sophomore year but never got the line).

Regardless, if you want to say his potential wasn't squandered, fine...I'll give you Hamilton. I thing the list is longer than those two. I believe Gibbs and Facey were mishandled as well.

Facey was 100x better in his senior year than he was in his freshman or sophomore years. If you're using him as an example of someone who didn't develop or was wasted, you've chosen poorly.

Gibbs was here for one year only, and he averaged 12 / 2 / 2, which coincidentally matched his averages at the Hall...

Reaction Score
Facey was 100x better in his senior year than he was in his freshman or sophomore years. If you're using him as an example of someone who didn't develop or was wasted, you've chosen poorly.

Gibbs was here for one year only, and he averaged 12 / 2 / 2, which coincidentally matched his averages at the Hall...
Facey has the talent all along. However, he was often in Ollie’s doghouse despite being one of our most formidable bigs, especially on the glass. Sound familiar? Happening to Mamadou right now. KO killed all of Facey’s confidence. Senior year, out of pure necessity he got minutes and showed what he could’ve produced all along. So yes, his potential was squandered

As for Gibbs, his shooting percentages were atrocious in his lone year for us. That’s a trend. Why? Because our offense is nonexistent and guards have to create late in the shot clock and take extremely difficult shots for themselves. Gibbs in an offense suitable to his strengths could easily shoot 45% from the field and 40% from 3. Again, potential squandered.

The 2015-2016 team in general was a team LOADED with talent that should’ve been top 25 all year. However, they were inconsistent throughout (another trend) and ended up as an 8 seed. Ollie gets talent on campus then has no clue what do with it.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Facey has the talent all along. However, he was often in Ollie’s doghouse despite being one of our most formidable bigs, especially on the glass. Sound familiar? Happening to Mamadou right now. KO killed all of Facey’s confidence. Senior year, out of pure necessity he got minutes and showed what he could’ve produced all along. So yes, his potential was squandered

As for Gibbs, his shooting percentages were atrocious in his lone year for us. That’s a trend. Why? Because our offense is nonexistent and guards have to create late in the shot clock and take extremely difficult shots for themselves. Gibbs in an offense suitable to his strengths could easily shoot 45% from the field and 40% from 3. Again, potential squandered.

The 2015-2016 team in general was a team LOADED with talent that should’ve been top 25 all year. However, they were inconsistent throughout (another trend) and ended up as an 8 seed. Ollie gets talent on campus then has no clue what do with it.

Revisionist history. Check out Gibbs's percentages year to year and you'll see essentially the same thing.

As for Facey, he struggled early on, to the point where he was often killed on this board. His production doubling was the reason for his added minutes, not the other way around...

Last edited:
Reaction Score

People want to point to the 2016 season as a feather in KO's cap because he won the AACT (with SMU conveniently banned) and made the 2nd round.

The fact is: a team with Hamilton, Miller, Purvis, Gibbs, Adams, and Brimah should have flirted with the Top 10 and been at worst a 4/5 seed, not firmly on the bubble heading into the AACT. KO failed to develop all of those guys and failed to integrate them properly in the offense.

By December we on this board recognized that Miller needed to be a focal point, Gibbs needed to be a spot-up shooter, and Adams needed to be handed the keys. It took until March for KO to catch up. Just atrocious coaching.

Reaction Score
Revisionist history. Check out Gibbs's percentages year to year and you'll see essentially the same thing.

As for Facey, he struggled early on, to the point where he was often killed on this board. His production doubling was the reason for his added minutes, not the other way around...
Agree to disagree. Merry Christmas to you and yours

Reaction Score
Oh no, they're relevant enough to have people all over Twitter like Goodman, Gottlieb etc comment on how awful we are. It's cringeworthy to read comments from national sports media acknowledging what we already know.

Unfair to compare his senior year with these freshmen, although at least if you do that it’s closer.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Brimah could be fun to watch and had an amazing 2 seconds on O that enabled a run to the NC. But c’mon. Through his whole career he was a shot blocker who was regularly abused on D by big men of all skill sets. The main difference between this year and last is he carried us to an NCAA bid ( I know) that we probably won’t get this year. I know, I know, we had a lot of injuries and Gilbert and Larrier would’ve brought us victory after victory. Gilbert and Sullivan are far more entertaining because their shows at least have structure.

“It’s the coaching stupid” as candidates for office always say. But hope springs eternal in this season of miracles and heavy drinking. Happy Holidays.

Reaction Score
People want to point to the 2016 season as a feather in KO's cap because he won the AACT (with SMU conveniently banned) and made the 2nd round.

The fact is: a team with Hamilton, Miller, Purvis, Gibbs, Adams, and Brimah should have flirted with the Top 10 and been at worst a 4/5 seed, not firmly on the bubble heading into the AACT. KO failed to develop all of those guys and failed to integrate them properly in the offense.

By December we on this board recognized that Miller needed to be a focal point, Gibbs needed to be a spot-up shooter, and Adams needed to be handed the keys. It took until March for KO to catch up. Just atrocious coaching.
One of the biggest strengths of the top coaches is to run a consistent system and recruit to that system. If the coach is unable to recruit guys who can run that system, he needs to adapt to the players strengths.

This team has a lot of long athletes but not many good shooters or guys who can break down defenders in an isolation offense. Instead of getting into a half court slow down offense featuring high ball screens, why not run and press more and leverage the players strengths? Every year KO talks about pressing and playing UConn basketball but we rarely see it. There’s enough athleticism and talent here that if employed correctly I still believe there’s a solid team here. Unfortunately I don’t see the coaching adapting and giving these guys a chance to exhibit their strengths.

Reaction Score
ASweet3781 post: said:
We once had a team with Charlie Villaneuva, Jeff Adrien, and Hilton Armstrong....coming off the bench to spell Emeka Okafor and Josh Boone. True story.
No we didnt
For the record.....Charlie and Hilton and Josh could have come off the bench for Okafor and Adrien could have for Josh or Hilton

Last edited:
Reaction Score
For the record.....Charlie and Hilton and Josh could have come off the bench for Okafor and Adrian could have for Josh or Hilton
Technically but Boone was the starting 4 on the 03-04 team so not sure how that would be possible.

Reaction Score
DHam last year in the G-League was averaging 15 / 8 / 5.
DHam in his last year at UConn was averaging 13 / 9 / 5.

That's not squandering anything. I wish he stayed at UConn for sure, because it would have changed our season last year. But I can't be mad at him for leaving to get paid to play. Again....that's not squandering anything...
You are either clueless or intellectually dishonest. The average team in the G league is way better than the average team we play against. And that was his first year. He showed immediate improvement and is still improving. Squandered...period!

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
You are either clueless or intellectually dishonest. The average team in the G league is way better than the average team we play against. And that was his first year. He showed immediate improvement and is still improving. Squandered...period!

You're the clueless one. Your supposition is that players don't get better after they leave college. It's a ridiculous notion. He's now achieving similar numbers against better competition as he works his game day in, day out. We should expect that. It has nothing to do with anything being squandered...

Reaction Score

Of course he's improving he's in his 20's are you people serious? Did you play the game? I was a lot better when I was 21 than when I was 17 in HS, 18-19 in JC too it's a pretty natural thing LOL. What are you people drinking this holiday season, I need sum u dat!:rolleyes:

Watching the Celtics the other day with my brother and we were saying how much better Rozier is now - imagine that a guy that Rick Pitino coached being better a couple years later? What a whacked crew here.

And Facey was dreadful coming into games for 85% of the time his first 3 years and then he proved his inconsistencies yet again the last 10-12 games when he went back to the same guy. Stop the insanity.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom