Where are the idiots who p.ssed on Brimah? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Where are the idiots who p.ssed on Brimah?

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I think the general message is that of "Brimah may not have been great, but our current bigs are even worse." Going into this game, we only had 4 active players averaging 3.0 ppg or more.

Reaction Score
Yeah that 6 pts and 4 rebounds and 2.5 blocks would have made Auburn weep. You guys are hilarious. He wouldn't have been around those uncontested lay ups either he was always out of position get a grip. They suck Brimah would do zero for this team!
I know you're an insane old man but to say we don't need 2.5 blocks a game is so hilarious I'm starting to think you're actually playing a character. Cobb and the gang are sure holding down the defense. Absolute studs that have anyone entering the lane second guessing.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Love your faith in our school. We know you believe uconn will never be relevant again in college basketball. Though things can get better than what we have with KO.

I have no time for your blind faith.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
This is a dilly of a pickle.

Palatine making tremendous sense.

Plus he attacked and buried the biggest fraud on the board.

Give the man his due. He is right.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Remember when I said despite his flaws we are going to miss him like crazy when we see next years front court? This program's defense has been built around great shot blockers with length. We don't have that and this staff has been incompetent finding any sort of remedy to this. Today was a layup line inside the lane that with Brimah would not have happened, we'd still lose because our coaches don't run an offense and our talent has been depleted but the uncontested layups from 6 foot guards would have been a little less.

This would be a lot smoother if more basketball fans followed the FB program.

There you watch games and think ouch - then you look at the following year’s depth chart and the numbness sets in.

Reaction Score
Brimah would have helped with defending the paint today (& AZ & Cuse, etc), but perimeter defense was horrible too! Not much Brimah could have done about perimeter defense. Defense was horrible all over the place today. We've got some bangers this year, but they'd be better matched up along side a shot blocker. Oh well, a year too late! Today was a total Foul-a-Rama! Sigh....

Reaction Score
I know you're an insane old man but to say we don't need 2.5 blocks a game is so hilarious I'm starting to think you're actually playing a character. Cobb and the gang are sure holding down the defense. Absolute studs that have anyone entering the lane second guessing.

I may be an insane old man but that would mean you’re just a stupid little 12 year old with no knowledge of the game of basketball yet so this idiotic post isn’t on you as of yet wet fart.

And by the way Whaley had 6/4/2 in 19 minutes so yeah we really miss Brimah, dope! That’s the reason we lost ...I’ve seen some dumb posts and threads but this one is a beauty.

Last edited:

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I may be an insane old man but that would mean you’re just a stupid little 12 year old with no knowledge of the game of basketball yet so this idiotic post isn’t on you as of yet wet fart.

And by the way Whaley had 6/4/2 in 19 minutes so yeah we really miss Brimah, dope!

Mau, you are way off base on Brimah as always...it was clear then and is clear now that he was nowhere near as bad as you believed him to be.

Whaley had a nice game, but to think he has even come close to helping the team as much as Brimah did is simply not true.

Reaction Score
Mau, you are way off base on Brimah as always...it was clear then and is clear now that he was nowhere near as bad as you believed him to be.

Whaley had a nice game, but to think he has even come close to helping the team as much as Brimah did is simply not true.

No I'm not and the fact anyone would even bring up one of UConn's less impactful 4 year players after a humiliating loss just shows how little people even think. The guy couldn't catch, couldn't make an offensive move (actually his game was offensive alright) and now he would've blocked 12 lay ups?.. you are joining the clueless brigade now Stair be careful.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Those teams underperformed slightly less than this current team does.

Congrats on your I told you so.

A national Championship, a second round of the NCAA, AAC Championship, a year decimated by injuries and 1 hangover year after a NC?
You are so wrong.

Reaction Score
A national Championship, a second round of the NCAA, AAC Championship, a year decimated by injuries and 1 hangover year after a NC?
You are so wrong.

You can defend our post 2014 performance all you want. Its a lonely ledge to stand on

Reaction Score
Yeah that 6 pts and 4 rebounds and 2.5 blocks would have made Auburn weep. You guys are hilarious. He wouldn't have been around those uncontested lay ups either he was always out of position get a grip. They suck Brimah would do zero for this team!

Mau even you the biggest Brimah hater don't believe that and are trying to save face. Brimah was a first round NBA talent that was not developed or utilized properly. Calhoun would have made him a first round pick. He had that kind of physical and athletic talent. Glenn Miller was pushed out not only because he didn't fit Ollie's clueless sycophant yes men, but because he recognized that Brimah needed to be more of a focal point of the team. Of course, this went against Ollie's 3 little guard ideology.

Every UCONN opponent had to plan against Brimah. They knew that driving to the rim was going to be tough. Now they know that they can do that at will and light us up on the perimeter. That's why now we lose by 30 points instead of 10 points.

PS: Welcome aboard you have seen the Lord of Light and have come to the realization regarding Ollie.

Reaction Score
Mau even you the biggest Brimah hater don't believe that and are trying to save face. Brimah was a first round NBA talent that was not developed or utilized properly. Calhoun would have made him a first round pick. He had that kind of physical and athletic talent. Glenn Miller was pushed out not only because he didn't fit Ollie's clueless sycophant yes men, but because he recognized that Brimah needed to be more of a focal point of the team. Of course, this went against Ollie's 3 little guard ideology.

Every UCONN opponent had to plan against Brimah. They knew that driving to the rim was going to be tough. Now they know that they can do that at will and light us up on the perimeter. That's why now we lose by 30 points instead of 10 points.

PS: Welcome aboard you have seen the Lord of Light and have come to the realization regarding Ollie.

Don’t be too early on welcome aboard Magic you and I still have a ways to go. Brimah wasn’t going to be a 1st rounder for K or anyone else this one is not on Ollie he’s simply just not that smart or good for that matter. You’re still well off I’m this one. But thanks

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
You can defend our post 2014 performance all you want. Its a lonely ledge to stand on
I'm doing no such thing. You were talking Brimah's record here. Not the post championship record. I agree things suck. I also agree with the OP that Brimah was much better than what we have now.

Reaction Score
I used to say UConn will never be really good (Elite Eight or better) again under Kevin Ollie. After the last season and a half, I am not confident UConn will ever be relevant again under KO. It is truly beyond bad.
Oh no, they're relevant enough to have people all over Twitter like Goodman, Gottlieb etc comment on how awful we are. It's cringeworthy to read comments from national sports media acknowledging what we already know.

Reaction Score
Just a reminder of of a great kid with a non-stop motor who blocked or changed a ton of shots. You think we lose by 30 -THIRTY- points to unranked teams (plural teams) with him protecting our rim?

We had to listen to that cr#p for years. How do you like life without an elite seven foot shot blocker? We can't cheat out on the three point shooters because Brimah doesn't have our back. We not only miss his inside presence but our guards could cheat towards the arc and play the three point shooters closer with Brimah on the court.

Yep, this is another awful day in what promises to be an awful season. And yes, I'm using it to settle an old score.

This is a big middle finger to the Brimah haters. Have a nice day.
I witnessed plenty of games his final 3 years where we did get run out of the building, including Senior Day against Cincinnati. Brimah was a good shot blocker who was foul prone, undeveloped offensively, a poor rebounder for his size who tried to block every single shot and often left easy offensive rebounds for the other team. He would help cut off the current layup line other teams are enjoying but stop acting like he was an elite player, he wasn't!

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I witnessed plenty of games his final 3 years where we did get run out of the building, including Senior Day against Cincinnati. Brimah was a good shot blocker who was foul prone, undeveloped offensively, a poor rebounder for his size who tried to block every single shot and often left easy offensive rebounds for the other team. He would help cut off the current layup line other teams are enjoying but stop acting like he was an elite player, he wasn't!

All you say is true AND he would be a big improvement over our present big men.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Purvis scored 40 the other night and DHam is practically averaging a triple double. It’s almost like ... we have extremely talented players whose talents are completely squandered under Ollie.

DHam last year in the G-League was averaging 15 / 8 / 5.
DHam in his last year at UConn was averaging 13 / 9 / 5.

That's not squandering anything. I wish he stayed at UConn for sure, because it would have changed our season last year. But I can't be mad at him for leaving to get paid to play. Again....that's not squandering anything...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom