Where are the cupcake posters? | The Boneyard

Where are the cupcake posters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
We have seven of the current top ten on our schedule, and with two games against ND, that means we have eight games against current Top ten teams. Is anyone else close?

Georgia at #8, is the highest ranked team not on our schedule (and no offense Andy, but I'll take bets they won't reach the Elite Eight).

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
514_230x230_NoPeel.jpg

Here ya go, Phil. Wouldn't wantcha to go hungry..

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I think we OD'd from watching the Paradise Jam "tournament."

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
Can we say SPRINKLES, heading the cupcake wars!

Reaction Score
the way this team will play , even some of the ranked teams will look like cupcakes. there will be very few really competive games over the next few years, games that they win by less than 10 points. left the game for awhile last night to watch the national dog show.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
the way this team will play , even some of the ranked teams will look like cupcakes. there will be very few really competive games over the next few years, games that they win by less than 10 points. left the game for awhile last night to watch the national dog show.
We saw UCONN dismantle aTm and Purdue. Hard to tell how good they are but aTm lost a close one to top 10 PSU...

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
We saw UCONN dismantle aTm and Purdue. Hard to tell how good they are but aTm lost a close one to top 10 PSU...

And an even closer one to Louisville by 2 at Louisville. They played #8, #9 and #2 back to back to back. Tough week.

Reaction Score
I was one of those who complained about cupcakes, and no, I'm not complaining this year. Instead of Hofstra and Iona, UConn has played Marist and Purdue. The results were somewhat the same, but I cannot help but feel UConn had a better learning experience in each of those than when it played Hofstra and Iona. In understand why UConn cannot always get the Marists of the world on its schedule, but it sure is nice when they can, isn't it?

As someone mentioned here and on another post, this team is going to make most others look bad. This is maybe a year when three or four teams are considerably above the rest We'll know more when UConn plays Duke, Stanford and especially Baylor.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
You could consider yourselves the "cupcakinators"

DrDos

Skimmer
Reaction Score
We have seven of the current top ten on our schedule, and with two games against ND, that means we have eight games against current Top ten teams. Is anyone else close?

Georgia at #8, is the highest ranked team not on our schedule (and no offense Andy, but I'll take bets they won't reach the Elite Eight).

hostess-batman-cupcakes.jpg

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
An iron curtain has descended on the land of the cupcake posters. I now costs money to see their drivel.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
thet's not an ahrn curtain, it's an orrnge chifon curtain. kinda purty, if'n ye ast me..

Reaction Score
I don't have any cupcakes. If I put some frosting on top of some Twinkies will that be okay?

DrDos

Skimmer
Reaction Score
I don't have any cupcakes. If I put some frosting on top of some Twinkies will that be okay?

>> If its 'eatin ye be wantin -- chow down on some Hostess Snowballs! Arghhh!

images

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
>> If its 'eatin ye be wantin -- chow down on some Hostess Snowballs! Arghhh!

images
A little off topic but we seem to have drifted there anyway....Does anyone else think that we have not seen the end of the twinkie (as well as several other Hostess treats?) I think before all is said and done someone else will buy the rights/recipe and produce them. They are an institution in themselves and the market is there. Having said that I can't remember the last twinkie I ate but it was at least 10 years ago....probably 20. I now crave one.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I've never had a Twinkie.

But I heard a rumor someone in Mexico was negotiation to take over.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I've never had a Twinkie.

But I heard a rumor someone in Mexico was negotiation to take over.
That, I assume, would be Bimbo. The largest baking company in the world. They already own the likes of Arnolds, Freihofers, Entenmanns, Sara Lee, Stroehmanns, parts of Wonder. I figured if anyone picked up parts of Hostess, it would be them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom