When was the last time Cal developed an player? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

When was the last time Cal developed an player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Cauley-Stein is a great athlete for his size. But he has not developed any offense since he's been there.
The Harrison's were top-5 recruits. Now they are 2nd round picks.

Yes, they played unselfishly. But they only cracked 70 points twice in the tournament.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Cauley-Stein is a great athlete for his size. But he has not developed any offense since he's been there.

Yes, they played unselfishly. But they only cracked 70 points twice in the tournament.
The Harrisons were top-5 recruits until everyone saw them in live college competition. I would argue that they were always 2nd round talents that would have been lottery busts. And both will probably stick at the end of an NBA bench somewhere.

Reaction Score

This is what I'm trying to say but nobody wants to listen. Cauley-Stein has not developed any offense through his three years at Kentucky and the NBA these days is such a scoring league. It will be difficult for anyone who can't score to make it in the league today. Do you see any successful PF/C in the NBA today who can't score? No.

Reaction Score
Do you see any successful PF/C in the NBA today who can't score? No.
Depends upon your definition of "success." As I mentioned, WCS is a Birdman Andersen-type, and without Birdman LeBron still has zero titles.

Reaction Score
Depends upon your definition of "success." As I mentioned, WCS is a Birdman Andersen-type, and without Birdman LeBron still has zero titles.

How did Andersen help the Heat win the 2012 title?

Reaction Score
Can you honestly tell me Facey and Nolan have gotten ANY better since their freshman years?
Nolan obviously has some mental issues going on. He progressed and then regressed. That is on him and not the coaches. There's some underlying things going on that we don't know about. Facey can't put on weight. Hes only been playing basketball for 5-6 years and so hasn't developed a skill set for the 3 and simply isnt heavy and strong enough to play the 4. If facey suddenly added 20 pounds of muscle, then he could average a double double. He has shown the rebounding potential and flashes of what he can do offensivey. He needs to get bigger to get consistent playing time. There's not much the basketball staff can do about that.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Nolan obviously has some mental issues going on. There's some underlying things going on that we don't know about.

Gosh, such certainty! In no way do I doubt your credentials to be evaluating individuals' mental health. </s>

Reaction Score
They had some white center during their 2011 run that was not very talented or highly touted so i would say he was developed

Reaction Score
I'm no Kentucky fan, and agree that Cal gets out coached on a regular basis. And it's tough to guage his development of Players. But, he's had about as many McDonald's All-Americans as coach K, yet far better NBA success, at least at the star level in my opinion. cousins, Rose, Wall, Camby - plenty of busts too, but K has had over 40 McDonald's AA's with a handful of stars like Hill and Brand, but his guys don't develop for an NBA game very successfully.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Definitly not Poythress, went from a lottery pick to an afterthought.

I wonder if Lee and Dakahri Johnson regret going to UK. Lee would be an animal playing 32+ minutes per game at any other blueblood program in America.
This needs to be said (but the talking heads wouldn't dare say something that would damage Calipari's recruiting). These kids are sold a bill of goods that they get a ton of attention and hype, play as part of talented enough group of players that they'll always look good and when they decide it's time to enter the draft, they'll be lottery picks. The truth is that the three names above would have been better served if they took a year off from basketball and then entered the draft as they may never sniff the contract they would have gotten if they didn't go to Kentucky.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Will Cauley Stein
So a tall, athletic kid who always hustled on defense but had no discernible skills when he came out of high school hits the draft three years later as a tall, athletic kid who always hustles on defense but has no discernible skills and this is evidence that Calipari develops talent?

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Kentucky has one of the best defenses in the country every year. You think these 5-star blue-chippers come to school just dying to learn how to play solid team defense? No chance, but they all do it.
Question Calipari's decision-making in the clutch or whatever, but the argument that he just gets good recruits and throws them out on the court to do whatever doesn't hold water.

Reaction Score
Gosh, such certainty! In no way do I doubt your credentials to be evaluating individuals' mental health. </s>

his confidence was horrible throughout most of the season. Pretty obvious.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
WCS will be a solid pro who will play very good defense and make his points on put backs and offensive rebounds.

He is no All Star at the next level, but a solid big man who should be a ten year player

Reaction Score
WCS will be a solid pro who will play very good defense and make his points on put backs and offensive rebounds.

He is no All Star at the next level, but a solid big man who should be a ten year player

Totally agree but that analysis begs the question why take him in the top 10 picks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom