When losses don’t draw a reaction | Page 3 | The Boneyard

When losses don’t draw a reaction

Reaction Score
I call BS. How in the flipping hell did you not turn off the Arkansas or Temple games last year???

I can see how my post is misunderstood. What I meant was that I turned games off a lot earlier in the season the last two years.

Reaction Score
Yes, pretty obvious we need better players, with probably the worst front court in Div 1, we may not win many more games.
Next year, the excuse will be the players are young and need time.
As Michael Ray Richardson said , " The ship be sinking"

Reaction Score
I.R.S.

akok is a 5-star according to some. bouknight and jalen are 4-stars according to some. even with two grad transfers rounding things out that's a top 25 recruiting class in hurley's first year. consistently getting top 25 classes and developing them means we'll be back in the big dance soon enough.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It’s almost like when someone pees in a swimming pool - the whole pool is contaminated. KO contaminated this program so badly last few years. Imagine it was so bad that players like Vance Jackson were willing to sit out a year in the prime of thier basketball life and leave uconn to go play ball in NEW MEXICO!!!! Wow. The final blow was Enoch Durham and Jackson transferring. Sorry , weird pool analogy- but just what came to mind.

Reaction Score
Yes, pretty obvious we need better players, with probably the worst front court in Div 1, we may not win many more games.

The ship is sinking? You realize it sunk a few years ago right?

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Need I remind everyone how last year we barely beat an 0-11 Coppin State and lost by 40 to Arkansas and KO sat there and took it. That was a disgrace to the program and made me sick as a fan who has so much love for this program. I respect the he** out of Hurley for fighting every game tooth and nail for his guys and for the program. I’ll take that every day over the guy who sat there and let mediocre teams completely tarnish and disrespect our program. I can live with losing with a guy like that, I couldn’t live with Ollie’s nonchalant nature while getting piss pounded and skating by horrible teams.

Reaction Score
The ship is sinking? You realize it sunk a few years ago right?
Its a deep ocean......if it sunk a few years ago there would be no where to go but up. My fear is we are getting worse each year, heading back to pre Calhoun territory

Reaction Score
Yes but I suspect they'll play harder. Doubt they'll coast when the game is there for the taking and make sure to get theirs when the game is over.

Why? You would have thought the same thing about Adams coming out of high school.

On the Boneyard, the best players at UConn are always the ones who haven’t gotten there yet.

Reaction Score
You gotta admit, it's not a given Bouknight or Gaffney will be upgrades over what we have in Adams. We're kinda banking on Gilbert taking a huge step forward.

We are, and Akok being a difference maker, and the other guys developing. But we have invested a lot of time watching unwatchable games, going on wild BY rants, following recruiting etc. Let us have hope. Its all we got lol

Reaction Score
Why? You would have thought the same thing about Adams coming out of high school.

On the Boneyard, the best players at UConn are always the ones who haven’t gotten there yet.
Adams has been broken down by years of losing. I don't blame him all that much. We just need to move on and hope the new blood and Hurley can get it turned around.

Reaction Score

Adams is an outlier. He hasn't been surrounded by good talent and he was allowed to coast for years and pick up terrible practice and game habits. Part of it is on his former coaching staff and part of it is on Jalen but quite simply he's turned out to be one of the worst top 25 UConn players we've ever had.

I don't think the current staff will allow what went on with the old staff and the new players will be better for it.

Reaction Score
Its like people forgot how truly bad this team was last year. Record setting bad. Sure we have Gilbert this year and it helps but we weren't just losing last year we were being crushed by 20 to 25 consistently. Memphis beat us by 25. Memphis was terrible last year. Gilbert or no Gilbert no way should we be losing by that badly to anyone.

You wan to dog Hurley sure go ahead the coach deserves blame for the teams record but again Hurley is not doing this with players he recruited. No one besides UConn fans thought UConn was going to be good this year. Look at our preseason ranking in the AAC, 6th or 7th.

Just want to reply to @August_West from the game thread that was locked. UCF when we played them the first time last year and won they were playing without their 2 best players. That was a cupcake win. When they got BJ Taylor back they beat us the next time. BJ Taylor plus Aubrey Dawkins and last years team loses by 30.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Its like people forgot how truly bad this team was last year. Record setting bad. Sure we have Gilbert this year and it helps but we weren't just losing last year we were being crushed by 20 to 25 consistently. Memphis beat us by 25. Memphis was terrible last year. Gilbert or no Gilbert no way should we be losing by that badly to anyone.

You wan to dog Hurley sure go ahead the coach deserves blame for the teams record but again Hurley is not doing this with players he recruited. No one besides UConn fans thought UConn was going to be good this year. Look at our preseason ranking in the AAC, 6th or 7th.

Just want to reply to @August_West from the game thread that was locked. UCF when we played them the first time last year and won they were playing without their 2 best players. That was a cupcake win. When they got BJ Taylor back they beat us the next time. BJ Taylor plus Aubrey Dawkins and last years team loses by 30.
We are playing better than last season; so far it hasn't yielded a different result in the W-L columns. I think the Cuse game fooled a lot of us--myself included--and most have come back down to earth since then.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I was high fiving people in the garden saying "We're back baby"
l.

You weren't the only one.

It was just the beginning of the season and there we were playing well with Hurley at the helm, handling Cuse (7-8 pt spread against) without too much difficulty. It sure looked like we magically transformed from the previous year.

Reaction Score
Our frontcourt is bad.....very bad. But i keep seeing on here that it is the worst in D1. Carlton dominated a few horrible frontcourts on his own against some lower D1 teams this season. So lets not exaggerate about our frontcourt. It is probably around 300th best. :)

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

As I've stated many times, it's a 3-4 year rebuild. Deal with it, or go watch somebody else.

Is it possible to turn a program completely around in 2 years? Sure, but you have to have a lot of things go your way (relatively stocked/young cupboard, good conference, big spending boosters, etc).

When our first class of quality big men are upperclassmen, we'll be able to see where we're at.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Adams is an outlier. He hasn't been surrounded by good talent and he was allowed to coast for years and pick up terrible practice and game habits. Part of it is on his former coaching staff and part of it is on Jalen but quite simply he's turned out to be one of the worst top 25 UConn players we've ever had.

I don't think the current staff will allow what went on with the old staff and the new players will be better for it.

Sid, while ranked appreciably lower than Jalen, will likely have a better career.

And I'm not somebody who hates on Jalen. I like the kid, and feel he was hard done by. Some of it's his own fault, sure, but he was never forced to grow up. Imagine the different path he would have taken under Calhoun?

Reaction Score
As I've stated many times, it's a 3-4 year rebuild. Deal with it, or go watch somebody else.

Is it possible to turn a program completely around in 2 years? Sure, but you have to have a lot of things go your way (relatively stocked/young cupboard, good conference, big spending boosters, etc).

When our first class of quality big men are upperclassmen, we'll be able to see where we're at.
I think we need to be dancing in year 3 or Hurley is firmly on the hot seat. Luckily we have a lot of time to get there and I think the outlook is good

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I think we need to be dancing in year 3 or Hurley is firmly on the hot seat. Luckily we have a lot of time to get there and I think the outlook is good

While I don't disagree, I'm not really into 'lines in the sand'. For example, if, in year three, we were trending hard, with a strong incoming class, I could handle an NIT run.

Reaction Score
While I don't disagree, I'm not really into 'lines in the sand'. For example, if, in year three, we were trending hard, with a strong incoming class, I could handle an NIT run.
I could too. But no way this fanbase does. People are going to be screaming for his head this time next year whether it's justified or not. There are people already turning on him lol

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I could too. But no way this fanbase does. People are going to be screaming for his head this time next year whether it's justified or not. There are people already turning on him lol

Our fan base sucks. For a state with nothing else going on, they sure are a demanding lot.

I'm sure there's a not insignificant group of people who don't even want him to succeed so they can continue to bitch.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom