When losses don’t draw a reaction | Page 2 | The Boneyard

When losses don’t draw a reaction

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Tonight was special, even more meaningless points than usual.

I don’t really get this take. When you are on a losing team, of course your points are going to be meaningless. You lost.

And he’s not the sole reason we are playing catch up all the time. This team absolutely sucks defensively, can never get a big stop and gives up points in a hurry. So we invariably are always down . What do you want him to do when we are down? Not try to score?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
You gotta admit, it's not a given Bouknight or Gaffney will be upgrades over what we have in Adams. We're kinda banking on Gilbert taking a huge step forward.
Didn’t you know? Even 3 stars are future superstars when it comes to boneyard recruit evaluations before they get here.

Reaction Score
You gotta admit, it's not a given Bouknight or Gaffney will be upgrades over what we have in Adams. We're kinda banking on Gilbert taking a huge step forward.
Yes but I suspect they'll play harder. Doubt they'll coast when the game is there for the taking and make sure to get theirs when the game is over.

We need Alterique to make the jump, outside of having no froncourt whatsoever, we have zero lesdership. We need that from Alterique next year

Reaction Score
Tonight was special, even more meaningless points than usual.
Agree about tonight. Disagree about basically all the other hysterical criticism people here have of JA. Think I stick up for him a lot because he’s answered the bell for us when he could’ve left even though he hasn’t lived up to expectations (although he’s been our best player for 3 years). I’m just dumbfounded that he’s the constant scapegoat yet Hurley cannot be criticized at all.

Reaction Score
I don’t really get this take. When you are on a losing team, of course your points are going to be meaningless. You lost.

And he’s not the sole reason we are playing catch up all the time. This team absolutely sucks defensively, can never get a big stop and gives up points in a hurry. So we invariably are always down . What do you want him to do when we are down? Not try to score?
He didn't do anything for the whole game until it was out of reach.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The team could legitimately be worse next season. The front court is literally Carlton.

Reaction Score
This is the first game this season that I shut off. Can't say that for the last two years. I did turn it back on with like 3:30 left in the game though. To be fair, I did watch the girls' game.

I call BS. How in the flipping hell did you not turn off the Arkansas or Temple games last year???

Reaction Score
This is the first game this season that I shut off. Can't say that for the last two years. I did turn it back on with like 3:30 left in the game though. To be fair, I did watch the girls' game.
I guess this season blurs into last year with all the embarrassing losses piling up in the AAC. This is the American and we are one of the bottom feeders? Wow never thought I would see this day.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Rebuild doesn’t happen overnight. Hurley is a rebuild expert, with a proven track record at two schools. First It takes time to get the right recruits, and then build your culture. This group is so used to losing and missing major pieces, that for me this is more of write off season, with low expectations, but always holding out a glimmer of hope something exciting develops later this year.

Reaction Score
The conference ain't gonna be easy to overcome even with better players, we need to be in the Big East yesterday.

Playing Jesuit schools wont make UConn get better talent than Gaffney, Bouknight, and Akok.

Playing Jesuit schools wont make UConn "overcome" having to develop the team.

It simply takes time to establish a regime and get old. It's like that in Jesuit leagues too.

Reaction Score
Playing Jesuit schools wont make UConn get better talent than Gaffney, Bouknight, and Akok.

It simply takes time to establish a regime and get old. It's like that in Jesuit leagues too.

It would be easier to recruit basketball players in a basketball conference.

Reaction Score

I remember an ESPN announcer said during a UConn-Syracuse matchup (this was years ago, but still in the American) that we’re not getting the exposure or popularity as we used to get because recruits and fans don’t wanna see UConn play against teams like Tulsa or ECU, they wanna see teams like St. John’s or Georgetown.

Reaction Score
The officiating was bad but so were we.
No offensive structure. Way too many quick shots. Just throwing up 3 after 3.

And the DEFENSE. Or lack thereof.
Seems like any one any time can get to the rim any time they want.

Reaction Score

Most people don't even know our league exists, Big East has clout. You think flying back and forth across the country to Florida directional schools and Oklahoma is good for the team and good for our exposure/recruiting?

Reaction Score
Hot mess in both football and basketball should equal hot seat for the athletic director at some point....

Reaction Score
Polley= mental midget
Jalen = Stoned
Tarin= probably thinks about an upcoming interview at enterprise rent-a-car
Josh Carlton = should be in the MAAC
CV= only guy on the team with the killer mindset but he's got low bball IQ

Brendan Adams should play more. Why waste time with these other guys. He's getting over recruited but he'll get minutes for the rest of his career as a role guy. I'm done with the rest of the team.
I remember an ESPN announcer said during a UConn-Syracuse matchup (this was years ago, but still in the American) that we’re not getting the exposure or popularity as we used to get because recruits and fans don’t wanna see UConn play against teams like Tulsa or ECU, they wanna see teams like St. John’s or Georgetown.
that was dick vitale

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom