When Cole got trapoed at end | The Boneyard

When Cole got trapoed at end

Reaction Score
That among the most obviously needed timeouts ever…, game over on the steal.
I like that Hurley is always thinking make the next play so they never give up or feel beaten, but you also have to protect and know there are some key winning time moments in games when you must pull out everything in your mental and physical reservoir & just ensure you get it done.

Reaction Score
As great as Cole was tonight that was the final nail.

Our PG and our head coach both fail to do the obvious

Reaction Score
I got very tired of us just running screen plays to get Cole the ball when it seems like no one else can create offense on their own . AJax could drive it to the basket every play, and did a couple times where he drew contact and got fouled but he's too unselfish at times looking to pass with open shots or lanes .

Reaction Score
I got very tired of us just running screen plays to get Cole the ball when it seems like no one else can create offense on their own . AJax could drive it to the basket every play, and did a couple times where he drew contact and got fouled but he's too unselfish at times looking to pass with open shots or lanes .
When Ajax hit that floater late it seems like that's always available but he rarely does it. He must get more aggressive on offense next year.

Reaction Score
When Ajax hit that floater late it seems like that's always available but he rarely does it. He must get more aggressive on offense next year.
People complain about Sanogo not dunking, well AJ doesn't either. He's the highest leaper on the court but rarely plays around the rim.

If they don't want him to produce offensively then make him your point guard and commit. No better passer on this team, and when he cleans things up he'll be the best passer in the BE next season.

I really am concerned that AJ will not be offensively dominate next season, nothing in his game gives me confidence. Sure there were improvements in his game this season, but with all his talent there is a disconnect somewhere. Someone really needs to work with the kid, or his full potential will not be reached here at UConn.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
You want the guy who turns it over in traffic more than anyone I've ever seen to drive the into a defense packed in to stop your beast of a low post center?

You should be ripping Cole for even looking at AJ on that last play, even if he had no choice. AJ needs to be a relaible outside shooter or he will be a liability going forward.

NMS basically left him and Whaley unguarded most of the night to double and triple team Sanogo, (who needs to learn he can't bull his way through everyone, every possession, and pass out of it quicker). Whaley made them pay enough to keep us in it. Jackson didn't do much of anything. Martin had trouble with the bigger defender, but I think he should have been more agressive early.

Reaction Score
Every time we drove hard, which wasn’t much, we got fouled. Ajax would have gotten their bigs into foul trouble.

Reaction Score
Part of the problem is that last play was indicative of our sets the entire game. Why DH insists on the high "handoff" to get the offense moving is baffling as it literally invites a double team. Then you do it with a very small guard over and over again. It's ridiculous how hard Cole had to work to get the offense even started on most possessions. That's on DH and an atrocious half-court offense.

I'm frustrated because it is now two years in a row that it was pretty clear that we were scouted well and exposed for a full half without really any adjustments. I'm not going to go with the narrative that one guy beat us. Allen was the best player on the court by an absolute mile and should've had over 40 considering he missed a couple of bunnies to start the game. We made no major defensive adjustments, fouled him "3" times shooting threes, and we got more or less nothing from anyone but Cole b/c our squad totally lacks guys (other than Cole) who can make plays.

Reaction Score
Part of the problem is that last play was indicative of our sets the entire game. Why DH insists on the high "handoff" to get the offense moving is baffling as it literally invites a double team. Then you do it with a very small guard over and over again. It's ridiculous how hard Cole had to work to get the offense even started on most possessions. That's on DH and an atrocious half-court offense.

I'm frustrated because it is now two years in a row that it was pretty clear that we were scouted well and exposed for a full half without really any adjustments. I'm not going to go with the narrative that one guy beat us. Allen was the best player on the court by an absolute mile and should've had over 40 considering he missed a couple of bunnies to start the game. We made no major defensive adjustments, fouled him "3" times shooting threes, and we got more or less nothing from anyone but Cole b/c our squad totally lacks guys (other than Cole) who can make plays.
75% of our offense is having Whaley or Adama at the top of the key and Cole fighting for his life to get open while being face guarded. It limits our possessions every time. Such a juvenile offense.

Reaction Score
People complain about Sanogo not dunking, well AJ doesn't either. He's the highest leaper on the court but rarely plays around the rim.

If they don't want him to produce offensively then make him your point guard and commit. No better passer on this team, and when he cleans things up he'll be the best passer in the BE next season.

I really am concerned that AJ will not be offensively dominate next season, nothing in his game gives me confidence. Sure there were improvements in his game this season, but with all his talent there is a disconnect somewhere. Someone really needs to work with the kid, or his full potential will not be reached here at UConn.

He doesn't even need to be a dominant offensive player scoring the ball. If he can be a threat to score from all 3 levels on decent percentages, even 8-12ppg would totally change the make-up of the team. Having a TOTAL non-threat to score on the floor is hard to overcome. Particularly when on any given night, Whaley/Polley/Gaffney are also total non-threats to score.

Reaction Score
The NMS coach clearly read the book on how to beat UConn, which is to double or triple team Sanogo to force him into a travel, putting it on the floor resulting in a turnover, or, hoisting up a weak shot which turns into an easy rebound for one of those defenders. That scenario happened in every one of the last 5 games.

Reaction Score
We should have called a timeout. We had 1 left. The play was right in front of our bench.

I said that in the chat room absolutely terrible display of coaching, or shall I say not coaching. He was trapped and in major trouble there’s 40 seconds left only down 3 he needs to call a bench time out no doubt. Gagging at critical times is what he did and the players did all too often. Not a good sign at all.

Reaction Score

Frightening similarities between the two first round games the last two years. Including both being 22-pt first halves. Just wild.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Hurley too often gets caught up in the moment and reality becomes a blur.
I'm waiting for T Moore to push him out of the way and call TO but he probably needs to keep his job
If there ever was an occasion for a TO - that was it
Just another head scratcher in a crater of so many

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom