When a Boneyarder Gets 30 Mins with Jim Calhoun | The Boneyard

When a Boneyarder Gets 30 Mins with Jim Calhoun

Reaction Score
Hi all,

Thanks for letting me share my Connecticut Scoreboard Podcast episodes here with you all. This past weekend I got a half hour with Coach Calhoun for an episode. We talk everything - from his current 22-game winning streak at St. Joe's, the keys to building a program up, and probably my favorite question - breaking down the art of how to work a ref.

I hope you all enjoy! Check it out here (and if you're all inclined give it a share on your social channels (and give me a tag/follow @CTScoreboardPod)

Reaction Score
GREAT interview. Thank you.

Loved the talk about the BE days and him mentioning that he enjoyed his broadcasting days but felt something was missing because he had ' no skin in the game.'

Well done.

Reaction Score
Hi all,

Thanks for letting me share my Connecticut Scoreboard Podcast episodes here with you all. This past weekend I got a half hour with Coach Calhoun for an episode. We talk everything - from his current 22-game winning streak at St. Joe's, the keys to building a program up, and probably my favorite question - breaking down the art of how to work a ref.

I hope you all enjoy! Check it out here (and if you're all inclined give it a share on your social channels (and give me a tag/follow @CTScoreboardPod)

Great stuff. Thanks for sharing

Reaction Score
Great interview. Love to listen the Michaelangelo of college coaching talk about such a wide array of interesting topics.

Just one question - is anyone, I mean ANYONE, surprised he has St. Joe's on a 22-game winning streak? We were so lucky to have him as the head coach of our men's basketball program for 26 years.

Thanks Coach... and great job (again) at St. Joe's!

Reaction Score
You can listen to the man speak over and over and catch something different every time. Would love to see a "This is your Life" episode where Ralph Edwards keeps bringing characters out of his life and we see and hear that same respect coming back at him.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Hi all,

no question about the boneyard?

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Years ago I had the idea of a Boneyard podcast to compliment the board and it’s readers. I had discussed it with Fishy, but didn’t really know how to get started. There were so many great characters back then. If you remember Go, hangings, mojo, Rolling Rocks, JaCKsOn, Senore. etc.

Since then I’ve started Sliders & Curveballs with my 7 year old. It’s great fun, but like taming a lion. You know the direction you’d like the show to go, but you might get eaten alive.

Jared does a great job on The CT Scoreboard. A real Pro. Big score on having JC as a guest. Maybe one day we team up and create a message board pod with Jon or Tom as guests. How did this all begin and UConn favorite moments over the decades. A panel discussion. My seven yr old can pepper them with Basketball questions. Tough & fun like the old days.

Who’s game?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
@gwhuskyfan that was a great interview. Interesting questions and you and coach had a great energy together. Nice job.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Years ago I had the idea of a Boneyard podcast to compliment the board and it’s readers. I had discussed it with Fishy, but didn’t really know how to get started. There were so many great characters back then. If you remember Go, hangings, mojo, Rolling Rocks, JaCKsOn, Senore. etc.

Since then I’ve started Sliders & Curveballs with my 7 year old. It’s great fun, but like taming a lion. You know the direction you’d like the show to go, but you might get eaten alive.

Jared does a great job on The CT Scoreboard. A real Pro. Big score on having JC as a guest. Maybe one day we team up and create a message board pod with Jon or Tom as guests. How did this all begin and UConn favorite moments over the decades. A panel discussion. My seven yr old can pepper them with Basketball questions. Tough & fun like the old days.

Who’s game?

@gwhuskyfan Another idea I’ve been toying with is getting 4 generations of NBA fans together on a panel pod to discuss the best basketball players ever. The format would be March Madness brackets & which players would have won if they played in a One/One matchup. Learn, discuss, talk different eras, front & backcourt players. Just an idea. Like?

Reaction Score
Hi all,

WOW!
Three Words!

WIN THE DAY!

So motivational and inspirational!
Thank you so much for sharing!
Excellent Interview!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads