What's wrong with Gilbert now? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

What's wrong with Gilbert now?

Reaction Score
THey're mopping the floor for Gilberts blood and the kid has no luck yet this thread turns into "UConn sucks" because 2/3's of players transferred and only 1 or 2 players could play on a Div 1 roster of any substance, I mean really we haven't said this stuff enough that it needs to be on the injury thread too?

Boneyard sucks sometimes too.

Reaction Score
I know we suck, we've sucked for three years now but we'll be better starting next season. There are the structural things of 2/3 of our best players all transferring out but my point was about Diarra not being able to play basketball again, Alterique having horrible injury after injury, Jalen going down for the season, Larrier blowing out his knee. There have been so many little things I've lost count but when all your best players go down to serious injury and combined with those freak little things at times it has been hard for us to even field a team. There were warning signs he might be a problen but our top recruit one year turned out to be a cross dresser.

Whenever I think about the absurdity of our last few seasons I think we are paying some sort of penance for our two magical runs and Kyle Fogg's shot not going in. I also think we've completely bottomed out on the terrible stuff and big things will happen in the future.
Cross dresser that robbed convenience stores

Reaction Score
I was under the impression all above the head contact gets reviewed. Not saying that the kid was trying hurt Al but he missed the ball by about 5 feet. I’ve seen flagrants for much much less.
This was my thought. They review EVERYTHING ad nauseam these days especially when there is excessive contact. Heck, if the clock missed one tick in the middle of the game they stop play and go to the monitor for 15 minutes to make sure that one second gets added back even though it has absolutely zero impact on the game. I thought for sure they would at least look at it and they had plenty of time while Gilbert was down (maybe they did and we did not see it on TV). I have definitely seen guys get flagrants called for less "unintentional" stuff. When I watched the replay I saw him swing his arm after the ball was already by him. I don't think it was intentional but to your point, I have seen flagrants called on alot less.

Reaction Score
This was my thought. They review EVERYTHING ad nauseam these days especially when there is excessive contact. Heck, if the clock missed one tick in the middle of the game they stop play and go to the monitor for 15 minutes to make sure that one second gets added back even though it has absolutely zero impact on the game. I thought for sure they would at least look at it and they had plenty of time while Gilbert was down (maybe they did and we did not see it on TV). I have definitely seen guys get flagrants called for less "unintentional" stuff. When I watched the replay I saw him swing his arm after the ball was already by him. I don't think it was intentional but to your point, I have seen flagrants called on alot less.
Most fouls are unintentional. You hit a guy's elbow by accident when he is shooting and it's two shots.

A foul is a foul whether it is intentional or not. You smash guy in the face with your flailing around and smash his nose -- and that is okay? That's not a foul? Insanity.

Reaction Score
Most fouls are unintentional. You hit a guy's elbow by accident when he is shooting and it's two shots.

A foul is a foul whether it is intentional or not. You smash guy in the face with your flailing around and smash his nose -- and that is okay? That's not a foul? Insanity.
Yeah. I agree. But they can't review a missed foul call. They can review for flagrants.

Reaction Score
Yeah he pretty much got inadvertently punched in the face, terrible thread.
Ill be honest I didn't even know there were 53 people who read the boneyard rn, let alone enough to like that message

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom