What's our status with Jannah Tucker? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What's our status with Jannah Tucker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think the genius who came up with the idea that "you can't pull Jannah Tucker out of ACC territory" needs to step up for a bow. Apparently you can pull her into SEC territory.

Wow!

Was it Geno? Didn't he stick his tongue out at us ignoramuses on message boards and claim he was "very soon" getting verbals from players that we dolts never heard of?

What's the Italian equivalent of 'blarney?'

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
And this can happen for various reasons. If a recruit makes it clear that they don't have an interest, coaches will also back off. Why waste time on a recruit that has other interests? This allows that staff to move on and focus their attention else where. Maybe it's not your intention, but I don't think it's necessary to imply otherwise. If that was not your intention, then I apologize. I like it when fans of opposing teams, not just here, extend congratulations without taking a jab at these young high schoolers and then moving on.
Of course, all of that is true and/or possible. And no it was not my intention, it was the simple statement of fact. None the less it was reported awhile ago that Tucker was not on the UConn list of pursuits.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
And this can happen for various reasons. If a recruit makes it clear that they don't have an interest, coaches will also back off. Why waste time on a recruit that has other interests? This allows that staff to move on and focus their attention else where. Maybe it's not your intention, but I don't think it's necessary to imply otherwise. If that was not your intention, then I apologize. I like it when fans of opposing teams, not just here, extend congratulations without taking a jab at these young high schoolers and then moving on.

So, in your haste to come to the defense of a player that was CLEARLY not being insulted, you insulted Icebear and apologize ahead of time while then taking a jab at the board.

Nice job.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
To our visitors:

We do our best to avoid harmful speculation, in other words, we don't post presumptions about players or coaches (of any team) that could hurt their reputations. Just because something is "common knowledge" doesn't mean that it's accurate. If the info is from a reliable source (newspaper or the player herself) then it's open to be discussed here, otherwise it's just ugly gossip.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
So, in your haste to come to the defense of a player that was CLEARLY not being insulted, you insulted Icebear and apologize ahead of time while then taking a jab at the board.

Nice job.

No, it wasn't CLEAR to all, which is why I commented. For clarity, adding comments that explain interest is two-sided between coach and player makes it very clear. Leaving it open ended allows for misinterpretation. One could interpret the post as meaning that UConn backed off, because there was higher interest in the other players. My comments were made for clarity purposes only and my apology in advance was for Icebear, if he felt like his comments were taken out of text. I did not take a jab at the board. I stated what I like and how I have seen on this board and other boards where posters congratulate the opponent and then move on the next hot topic without taking a jab at high schoolers. In other words, I was being complimentary of the fans that handle these things with grace.

With that said, I am not here to flame. Simply posting an observation. Clarity is a good thing. It removes confusion.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
No, it wasn't CLEAR to all, which is why I commented. For clarity, adding comments that explain interest is two-sided between coach and player makes it very clear. Leaving it open ended allows for misinterpretation. One could interpret the post as meaning that UConn backed off, because there was higher interest in the other players. My comments were made for clarity purposes only and my apology in advance was for Icebear, if he felt like his comments were taken out of text. I did not take a jab at the board. I stated what I like and how I have seen on this board and other boards where posters congratulate the opponent and then move on the next hot topic without taking a jab at high schoolers. In other words, I was being complimentary of the fans that handle these things with grace.

With that said, I am not here to flame. Simply posting an observation. Clarity is a good thing. It removes confusion.
It was very clear. It said exactly what it intended to say; nothing less, nothing more. You projected into it intent which had no place given the original article. The post noted that there had been media report by the Horde that stating UConn had ceased recruiting Jannah Tucker which was precisely accurate to the situation. It offered no reason, no first action (hers or UConn's), it simply stated a fact. It was clear, you chose to add other unnecessary interpretations.

From Rich Elliot's original blog article:

"A recruiting source said that in the wake of losing Class of 2013 targets Diamond DeShields (North Carolina) and Taya Reimer (Notre Dame), the Huskies do not plan to get involved with any new players in the class. They will continue to target Saniya Chong, a 5-foot-9 guard from Ossining, N.Y., Linnae Harper, a 5-7 guard from Chicago, and Erica McCall, a 6-3 forward from Bakersfield, Calif.
UConn is not involved with Jannah Tucker, a 6-foot guard from Randallstown, Md."

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score

Icebear posted - According to one of the horde awhile ago UConn had stopped recruiting Jannah Tucker and was focused on Chong, McCall, and Harper with no one else expected to be added.

You think there wasn't clear??? It was reported that UConn stopped recruiting Tucker. You need details? Otherwise the mean posters might take this the wrong way and think they stopped because Tucker was a bad person? This was taking a jab at her? Give me a break.

Talk about not being clear, you say you like when posters just congratulate the opponent and move on. It seemed to me that your post was implying that isn't what you have seen here.

JS

Reaction Score
Interesting conversation.

Anybody care for a snack?

982822_4910_625x1000.jpg

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Looks like one of those nasty flavored chips. About 15 years ago I spent 15 hours on a bus with a load of kids heading to a national youth gathering in Atlanta. Every kid on the bus was eating BBQ chips. I haven't been able to stand the smell since.

Interesting conversation.

Anybody care for a snack?

982822_4910_625x1000.jpg

JS

Reaction Score
About 15 years ago I spent 15 hours on a bus with a load of kids heading to a national youth gathering in Atlanta. Every kid on the bus was eating BBQ chips. I haven't been able to stand the smell since.
Of the chips or of the kids?

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score

Problem with those chips, it's a smell-offensive in two stages. First it's the chips. Then, some hours later, it's the kids..

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
The chips it took three more days for the kids to ripen, if you know what I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom