What's our status with Jannah Tucker? | The Boneyard

What's our status with Jannah Tucker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Unknown, really. Here's what Jim Fuller wrote yesterday:

Tucker said that she's heard from them but wouldn't commit to saying that she was planning to visit UConn. She did say that she wanted to make a list of colleges she wants to visit by late June or early July so she could set up visits.

The sense I am getting is that Tucker seems to be drawing the least amount of interest from UConn among the four Class of 2013 players on the Huskies radar (Harper, McCall and Saniya Chong are the others). I'm just thinking out liud her but I'd have to think it is more likely a case of them figuring they won't pull the Randallstown, Md. prospect out of ACC country. In my opinion she looks like a typical UConn kid, athletic, versatile, team orientated, articulate and very likeable.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
My thoughts have always been that Tucker stays in ACC country! I can see her at Maryland! But again, you never know with high school girls!

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Unknown, really. Here's what Jim Fuller wrote yesterday:

Tucker said that she's heard from them but wouldn't commit to saying that she was planning to visit UConn. She did say that she wanted to make a list of colleges she wants to visit by late June or early July so she could set up visits.

The sense I am getting is that Tucker seems to be drawing the least amount of interest from UConn among the four Class of 2013 players on the Huskies radar (Harper, McCall and Saniya Chong are the others). I'm just thinking out liud her but I'd have to think it is more likely a case of them figuring they won't pull the Randallstown, Md. prospect out of ACC country. In my opinion she looks like a typical UConn kid, athletic, versatile, team orientated, articulate and very likeable.

Gee, you couldn't correct the typo for the poor guy???

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Gee, you couldn't correct the typo for the poor guy???

LOL I thought about it but I knew people would forgive Jim. He's been very, very busy.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I have to think that Brenda Freese is all over her, but Jannah's favorite players are Diana and Maya. The delusional orange folks think that they will get her. I'd be surprised if that happens.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I have to think that Brenda Freese is all over her, but Jannah's favorite players are Diana and Maya. The delusional orange folks think that they will get her. I'd be surprised if that happens.

Freese is all over her like the bad color on her hair. I think she and Doris Burke use the same hairdresser.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score

They think they will get everyone until they commit elsewhere...lol.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
They think they will get everyone until they commit elsewhere...lol.

Well, I have often thought that some of those orange folks should be committed.

Reaction Score
Well, I have often thought that some of those orange folks should be committed.

I truly believe the Tennessee Posters need a reality check. There has never been a more delusional fan base in the country!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
part of the reason for that is a guy who reputedly is very reliable (intelligenthoodlum) posted on their board a while ago that a verbal to Tennessee was imminent (or soon to be forthcoming, or some verbiage like that). as you well know, i hope they go 0-fer for their list of top 10 recruits they are after.

as for Jannah, just my opinion, but i think Geno would prefer 3 (chong, harper and mccall/cooper). if he misses out on chong and/or harper, they may put more of a full court press on Tucker and see if they can land her.

to me she seems a bit like Sierra Calhoun, who supposedly favors UCONN, but who knows? Bird in hand... etc etc...

Reaction Score
Diamond is awesomely talented and she'll have a great career. But on balance...I'm pretty sure I'd go with what we have, and what we may pick up. No worries here.

tennfanatic00

Southern Gentleman
Reaction Score
The summitt is reporting that tucker verballed to Tennessee over the weekend.

Maybe we weren't so delusional after all?

Well, at least not about this. :)

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score

Guess they weren't so delusional after all. Jannah has committed to TN.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Good get for the LVs. Will be interesting to see if others follow now that a top talent has decided to take a chance that Warlick can keep the program relevant. A couple more players to go along with Graves, Carter and Jones from 2012 will give UT a good core to build around in the next few years.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
According to one of the horde awhile ago UConn had stopped recruiting Jannah Tucker and was focused on Chong, McCall, and Harper with no one else expected to be added.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
The summitt is reporting that tucker verballed to Tennessee over the weekend.

Maybe we weren't so delusional after all?

Well, at least not about this. :)

Good pickup for Holly, her first and likely there will be others to follow. (I hope that I have not become delusional by saying that.)

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Good pickup for Holly, her first and likely there will be others to follow. (I hope that I have not become delusional by saying that.)

Oddly enough to say about one of the greatest programs of all time, players may feel like they are rebuilding the program with Warlick. It could be similar to UNC where the players feel that they can bring the program back to where it once was.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Congrats to Tennessee and Jannah, if the reports are accurate. I think this is a major loss for Maryland.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Congrats to Tennessee and Jannah, if the reports are accurate. I think this is a major loss for Maryland.
Uh oh- you don't want to anger the Wicked Witch of College Park. She could turn you into a newt:

Brenda-Frese-Picture.jpg

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Uh oh- you don't want to anger the Wicked Witch of College Park. She could turn you into a newt:

Brenda-Frese-Picture.jpg
And she lives only about 20 miles from me. Uh-oh!

Newt? Is that what happened to Gingrich? It's all Brenda's fault!

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
According to one of the horde awhile ago UConn had stopped recruiting Jannah Tucker and was focused on Chong, McCall, and Harper with no one else expected to be added.

And this can happen for various reasons. If a recruit makes it clear that they don't have an interest, coaches will also back off. Why waste time on a recruit that has other interests? This allows that staff to move on and focus their attention else where. Maybe it's not your intention, but I don't think it's necessary to imply otherwise. If that was not your intention, then I apologize. I like it when fans of opposing teams, not just here, extend congratulations without taking a jab at these young high schoolers and then moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom