What's in your vegetable garden? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

What's in your vegetable garden?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Do you stuff and fry the zucchini blossoms?
Mix goat cheese and either cream cheese or ricotta, lemon juice, basil, fresh parsley, salt, pepper, and onion. Make a simple beer batter (flour, beer, baking powder, salt, pepper). Deep fryer on 400 for 2-3 minutes.
I use rice flour and club soda for a tempura batter too. And let's be honest. It has to be ricotta.
We don’t stuff them. Fry them flat in a frying pan with very light batter, add a touch of kosher salt, serve with warm marinara sauce for dipping. They’re ridiculously addictive, like potato chips. We just did a few dozen the other night.

Reaction Score
6 vine tomatoes, basil, squash, zucchini, cukes, strawberries, blueberries, rosemary and my fig tree is fruiting.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
6 vine tomatoes, basil, squash, zucchini, cukes, strawberries, blueberries, rosemary and my fig tree is fruiting.
maybe I did this wrong with just a bump to the original thread. a new thread asking about results might be a better way. anyway, how would you describe your crops thus far? are those in ground figs? brown turkeys?

Reaction Score
Beets
Onions
Butter lettuce
Red leaf lettice
Kale
Arugula
Basil
Tomato - 4 types
Squash
Pepper - long hits & habemero

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Four tomatoes total so far from three plants. Herbs doing well. No peppers yet. Cukes about 2".

Reaction Score
Beets Brussels sprouts
More Beets Grape Tomatoes
Roma Tomatoes for Sauce
Big Boy Tomatoes
Butternut squash
Jalapeños Habeneros
Green Lady Peppers
Zucchini Yellow Squash (last time yield is not worth the space)
Eggplant (great yield)
Basil

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
This came from somebody else's garden:

Reaction Score
Here in August, the tomatoes should be raring to pick. But they are not maturing well. Not sure if it's because I planted late (late June - cold weather), or not enuf fertilizer along the way. While the soil was prepped, I used a garden fabric this year to keep the weeds down. Unfortunately, that made it tuff to apply fertilizer thru the tiny openings for the stems. So after a few weeks of surgical applications, I just thru it on the fabric thinking / hoping rain and irrigation would dissolve and pass thru the fabric to the soil / roots. Maybe not??

ps - fabric seemed a good way to avoid lots of bending, etc. Had hip replace this spring.

Reaction Score
right now have a lot of tomatoes - including Sungold cherries which are the best tasting tomato!
banana peppers
onions
kale
swill chard
summer squash
five kinds of lettuce
and recently planted from seed: carrots, radishes and bunching onions

Reaction Score
Just made a nice sized batch of salsa with nothing but fresh ingredients. Restaurant quality.

Reaction Score
I lost my yard to my German Shepherds, so I did container gardening on my from porch. I have broccoli and red cabbage coming up very late, and many hot peppers. The habañero and Thai chile are flourishing, and my ghost peppers are just now ripening. I have two Carolina Reaper plants that have about 20 green peppers on each.

Reaction Score
why would our cucumber and tomato plants all be turning yellow and dying? Is that a sign of slugs? overwatering? It's been happening at an accelerated pace over the past 2 or 3 weeks.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Slugs would leave holes in your plants and over-watering would be hard in this heat unless your soil is just not draining.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom