"Whatever they did, we knew what was coming." | The Boneyard

"Whatever they did, we knew what was coming."

Reaction Score
WE DON'T HAVE A BIG THAT CAN SCORE. It's very tough to win when you only have 3 players on offense putting up shots the entire game.

Mamadou and Carlton need to be developed offensively IMMEDIATELY for us to salvage some of this season.
Will take more than a week.

Reaction Score
Dead last in the nation in assists but let’s give Ollie more time because he’s young and still learning
Last bc no one but the passes can shoot. How many turnovers or what is the fg%of those who have received a pass?

Reaction Score
WE DON'T HAVE A BIG THAT CAN SCORE. It's very tough to win when you only have 3 players on offense putting up shots the entire game.

Mamadou and Carlton need to be developed offensively IMMEDIATELY for us to salvage some of this season.

But yet both logged only 14/16 minutes each today and finished with 2 fouls each.

Wasted opportunities...

Reaction Score
We can't run a spread a kick because no one can shot. Can't run pick n roll without getting call for moving screen. I think Carlton is going to be good but he's learning. Problem is we don't have enough talent to keep the freshmen off the floor. Jalen is one dimensional and CV jacks up 3s at terrible times.

Yes KO is responsible for assembling this team. Desperately needed Vance to stretch the floor this year but I guess he had other plans.

Reaction Score

tbh it's not all that hard to prep for "spread the court, drive 1-v-4." But still, a pretty telling quote that matches the eye test re: our inability to generate a consistent offense.

Equally predictable.................. this board's meltdown when Tulane beats us by 20 because Dunleavy, Sr. schools KO.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
There are far less talented teams that can still run competent looking offensive plays.

I'm OK with the guys running crisp offense and missing good looks. If you have trouble shooting, that's the way it goes, but at least attempt to do it effectively. And the likelihood is that their percentages will increase by taking those good looks, maybe not by much, but they will.

Reaction Score
There are far less talented teams that can still run competent looking offensive plays.

BINGO!

Yep. We have not identified our players strength and weaknesses and designed an offense to put them in a position to succeed.

A simple example would be a pick and pop screen for Vital who is a fairly reliable (by our standards) three point shooter. Run him behind a screen and if the defender goes behind it, it is an open shot. If he hits a couple, then the secondary move is a pick and roll where the big is open. Instead, we run a pick and role for Adams who cannot shoot from the outside, so the the roller is never open because the big never leaves the big. This is high school stuff.

And could we please run an inbounds play designed to get a shot. They used the old Calhoun play that would get Sheffer and open three from the corner. And they got a three point shooter an open look (which he knocked down). It looked familiar but we don't have that play. Every inbounds play is an adventure. Do we practice them?

Reaction Score
Are you saying a 20 point loss to Tulane shouldn't make us angry?
We are way past that or atleast should be. We need to stop being tone deaf. Serious question, and its the same I asked against Arizona, but did you at any point think we were going to win today?

At a certain point, you are forced to face reality. Its like the New York football Giants. Were you pissed that they lost to the Eagles or sort of relieved because it brought them one game closer to the 2nd pick in the draft. Of course, we want UConn to win every game but a loss to Tulane may bring us one game closer to fixing the foundation.

Reaction Score
I was stuck on 95 and then 91 so was forced to listen to the game... What struck me is listening to Joe D call Wich st possessions compared to us. He could barely keep up with the ball movement. With us, it was him narrating whomever had the ball and the "tricky dribble" they were using to accomplish nothing. In the biggest possessions of the game it became an opportunity for our guys to take turns going one-on-one. Joe's commentary? "UConn has completely stopped moving offensively." This is on KO. The system is not conducive to the players he has. We've been saying for four years and not one alteration. You can play this way when you have two ridiculous guards (Bazz or Boat) and a 6-9 guy with skill (DD). You cannot play this way with nothing else. It's beyond embarrassing that opposing players are telling the media "we know what's coming." Pisses me off something fierce.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom