What will you people fume about for the next week? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

What will you people fume about for the next week?

Reaction Score
If Uconn does not look well rested and energized on Dec. 21 vs Zona and little to no improvement is seen, people will rightfully be fuming.

These 12 days are a blessing for a team like uconn. A team that is athletic and has potential, but as a unit, have not had a lot of time to be together and needs time to gell and get it together in regards to the fundamentals (because if those two aspects mix, yikes for a lot of teams). It is unique to have such a long break in the middle of the season and I fully, 100% expect the Ollie and staff + team to utilize all this time to the best of their ability. We should be seeing a new team, so to speak. Where it is evident some of the weakest points have been ironed out and obviously worked on. A heck of a lot can change in 12 days, so lets see it!

If they look the same or barely any better as before the break, yes, I will be fuming.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Np bro.Foles will take you to the promise land.

Yes, the land of playoff failure that has been promised to all Eagles fans. As with the Raiders last year, this was a cruel blow.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
That's why I avoid Farmington these days. The place is just lawless, like West Hartford.

Nice Sarcasm. But the reality is that there are organized groups of thieves working the mall parking lots, especially at this time of year. You'd be fine leaving it at some random small shop most likely. But a mall? You can never leave anything in your car at a mall, especially during holiday shopping time.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Yes, the land of playoff failure that has been promised to all Eagles fans. As with the Raiders last year, this was a cruel blow.
Cruel, yes. But it's the Eagles. An Eagle fan friend sent me this Foles/Star Wars video yesterday:

While clever, it makes me hope the Giants tear Foles ACL now.

Reaction Score
If Uconn does not look well rested and energized on Dec. 21 vs Zona and little to no improvement is seen, people will rightfully be fuming.

These 12 days are a blessing for a team like uconn. A team that is athletic and has potential, but as a unit, have not had a lot of time to be together and needs time to gell and get it together in regards to the fundamentals (because if those two aspects mix, yikes for a lot of teams). It is unique to have such a long break in the middle of the season and I fully, 100% expect the Ollie and staff + team to utilize all this time to the best of their ability. We should be seeing a new team, so to speak. Where it is evident some of the weakest points have been ironed out and obviously worked on. A heck of a lot can change in 12 days, so lets see it!

If they look the same or barely any better as before the break, yes, I will be fuming.
Can't draw one line in sand with our Huskies of late because sometimes its effort and they've had good performances in big games when they turn it on. Consistency & consistent growth is really what we are after and we may need to look at the entire body of work/season to figure that out.
But you are also kinda right and if the effort isn't there in that game the mid-season fuming level might exceed 50% of the fans paying attention in addition to the much larger numbers that have simply moved on until evidence of quality returns.

Reaction Score
Practice:

Jerry-Springer.jpg

DO just got called for an illegal screen on the Jerry Springer show.

Reaction Score
See I read the OP differently. I read it as an invitation for a what annoys you thread, which seems about as good a way to kill the time as any.

So let me get it started.

The left lane is for passing, idiot. Move your slow ass to the righthand side.

This peeves me even more.

exit-lane.jpg

Reaction Score
Ill go through my usual routine, which consists of: getting hyped thinking we might pull it off, screaming at my tv in the opening minutes as we go down by 15 in the first 8 mins, asking myself why we cant do this the whole game once they start to play even with the opposing team, and later coming to reality, chilling out, and thinking about the future.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So here's another one:
CUT_CORNER.jpg

Don't freaking cut the corner into my lane to make your turn. It means I can't pull out and make my turn at the same time, moron.

Reaction Score
Really the only thing on here that bothers me at all is the relative handful of guys who try to act superior because they fully support the current head coach. UConn deserves so much better than what we are seeing over the past several years. Just because these fools can't see or admit how bad things are with the program, it doesn't make them a better fan than the rest of us who realize that the ship is sailing in the wrong direction.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Just because these fools can't see or admit how bad things are with the program, it doesn't make them a better fan than the rest of us
tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
Or does it?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds