What will you be watching for tonight. | The Boneyard

What will you be watching for tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Besides the win, what would you like to see. I would be very happy with under 10 TOs. Big rebounding margin. 10 guys on the scoring sheet. A nice clean game.

Reaction Score
I just want to see some tough defense. I want us Blocking shots, and causing turnovers that lead to fastbreak points. And i want to see us not letting them bomb away from beyond the 3 point line! I hate it when teams keep up with us because we are giving them open 3s (even if its 5 feet behind the line). Get up in them, force them to put the ball on the floor and pass and be disruptive enough that IF they even get a shot off that its a bad shot. Then get the defense board!

Reaction Score
Defense. No easy shots, no easy looks from deep and just make Maine work for everything. On O just people moving and attacking the rim. Passing the ball looking for an open look all possessions except when they run.

#1 I want to see defensive rebounding with solid outlet passes so the receivers can create and push.

Reaction Score
Tonight? I'll be watching from Section 120 --- where is everyone else watching from?
I'm hoping we run some plays for Gibbs to spot up --- especially in transition

Reaction Score
Balanced scoring... that's what I want to see. There are 8 or 9 guys who could easily hit double digits on any given night, and I'd like to see 4 or 5 of them do it at a time. If the scoring is coming from every position our problem changes from "Who takes the big shot", to "Who takes the big shot TONIGHT" which is a good problem to have.

Reaction Score
Besides the win, what would you like to see. I would be very happy with under 10 TOs. Big rebounding margin. 10 guys on the scoring sheet. A nice clean game.

I'll echo big rebounding margin, 10 guys on the scoring sheet, but add 5 in double digits and I want to see 1 of Gibbs/Purvis/Hamilton start showing as the leader of the pack a la kemba/bazz/boat. I'm taking the over on 10 turnovers and don't have too much concern on them this game so long as they're the fun ::I missed that olley-oop:: variety and not bonehead turnovers caused by laziness.

Reaction Score
I'd like to see easy baskets, and solid defense. Apparently gibbs has been 'turning it up' a bit in practice, i'm excited to see him operate as our point guard; how easy he gets separation, shooting and his vision. And probably most important how well he guards the point of attack, because in the exhibitions there was times where he would get kinda blown by.

Reaction Score
Hopefully be watching my computer screen while at work, if I can find the on-line stream.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Hamilton attacking the rim and Brimah grabbing rebounds.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
1) Chemistry
2) Defending
3) Rebounding
4) Defensive Pressing
5) Offensive running
6) Offensive execution
7) Who's our leader?

Reaction Score
I'll opt for the focus, intensity, and determined cooperation that pulled or bacon out of the fire against Columbia last season.

Reaction Score
I expect chemistry and even understanding rolls to take time. The one thing I want to see is Brimah looking like he has made a huge jump and will be a stud. I think we all pretty much know what the other starters will give us, and we know that we have some depth (even if beyond Adams it's all limited -- which is fine for depth).

I want to see Brimah remind me of the jump Thabeet made in each of has two offseasons with us.

Reaction Score
Two things that will define our season:

1. Brimah pick-and-roll defense

2. Ball movement

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Rebounding.

I'm not worrying about the guard play because we have all the guards in the known universe.

Reaction Score
Our squad tends to be slow starters during these type of games. I would like to see us blow their doors off from the get go. Oh and the Foxen exclamation point throw down.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Rebounding. Both defense and offense transition. Chemistry and someone who will take the lead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom