What will you be watching for tonight. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What will you be watching for tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Besides the win, what would you like to see. I would be very happy with under 10 TOs. Big rebounding margin. 10 guys on the scoring sheet. A nice clean game.

Massey Ratings predicts UConn will win tonight 78 -52.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  • A minimum of 10 alley oops. I'd like to see all the bigs plus Dham and maybe Calhoun get at least one each, but if they all go to Brimah and Enoch, that's cool too.
  • A few long utlet break started by our bigs.
  • At least a 50% rebound margin.
  • 90 points. Yeah, I'm greedy.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Second unit leadership.
Calhoun self-confidence
3 Cassell assists.
Facey/Nolan finishing at the hoop.
Soft press in action.
Get up the court with pace after a Maine hoop (The 30 second shot clock will have an effect on every team early on).

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
My stat predictions, which are always wrong. Don't count on these numbers happening.

Miller 14 points, 9 rebounds, 2 blocks, 1 steal
Hamilton 21 points, 8 rebounds, 4 assists, 3 steals, 2 blocks
Brimah 13 points, 6 rebounds, 6 blocks
Purvis 17 points, 2 rebounds, 2 steals, 1 assist
Gibbs 9 points, 5 assists, 3 steals, 2 rebounds
Facey 2 points, 4 rebounds, 1 block
Adams 12 points, 5 assists, 2 steals, 2 rebounds
Calhoun 7 points, 3 rebounds, 1 steal
Nolan 4 points, 3 rebounds, 1 block
Cassell 2 points, 1 rebound, 1 assist
Enoch 4 points, 3 rebounds
Amilo 1 rebound
Foxen/Noyes - no official stats, but they get a few seconds on the court

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I want to see the offense run smoothly; even if they miss open shots, I want to see them getting good looks. None of this struggling to get a good shot off before the shot clock that some of our offenses have struggled with over the years. Also, it would be nice if we could have a good showing rebounding the ball.

Reaction Score
I want to see the offense run smoothly; even if they miss open shots, I want to see them getting good looks. None of this struggling to get a good shot off before the shot clock that some of our offenses have struggled with over the years. Also, it would be nice if we could have a good showing rebounding the ball.
yeah i'm not trying to see a game with the score at half being 29-22 or something

Reaction Score
Our squad tends to be slow starters during these type of games. I would like to see us blow their doors off from the get go. Oh and the Foxen exclamation point throw down.
Why isn't the other team ever the slow starters?

Reaction Score
100 points.

I don't care how we get there, since it will imply some combination of an improved tempo, exploiting transition opportunities, half-court efficiency, and rebounding (possessions).

Reaction Score
As Hamilton goes, so goes UConn.

I want to see him scoring 15-20 on close to 50% shooting with at least 4 assists. If we can get that out of him on a nightly basis we'll be golden.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Relentless pressure defense, rebounding and team play. No let downs on hustle.

Reaction Score
I'd like to see good solid consistent play from Hamilton and Brimah show some toughness on the glass....also dut we'll find out tonight but we need to find out who our go to guy is .....but i kind of feel if we are in a situation to find that out tonight thats probably not good....most of all im just excited to see the boys play in a real game that counts...Basketball is back rejoice!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Chemistry and understanding of roles on the team.

Plenty of talent. Can it gel?

Reaction Score

I hear you but I think you may be asking for a lot here, particularly the smooth offense. This team is a work in progress for perhaps 5-6 weeks. People learning their roles, searching for the alpha dog, rotation searching, continuity, leadership, synergy, etc... Lots of new parts some which are very important (meaningful minutes).

Just don't want you to get frustrated this early if they struggle. Its to be expected.

In fact I would be frightened if they come out fine-tuned early, could be misleading (hiding deficiencies).

Reaction Score
I want to see a nice USA victory to start there qualifying campaign with at least 3 goals and a clean sheet

Just kidding let's go huskies

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  • A minimum of 10 alley oops. I'd like to see all the bigs plus Dham and maybe Calhoun get at least one each, but if they all go to Brimah and Enoch, that's cool too.
  • A few long utlet break started by our bigs.
  • At least a 50% rebound margin.
  • 90 points. Yeah, I'm greedy.
Three out of four ain't bad.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Chemistry and understanding of roles on the team.

Plenty of talent. Can it gel?

I'll definitely take it. Plenty of ball movement and players knew where they should be on the court. 20 assists and 8 turnovers.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Maine was 3-27 in the America East last year and they won't all be like that, but damn if it wasn't like watching a video game.

Only thing was UCONN got a little sloppy at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom