What will Samson Johnson bring to the team when he returns? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

What will Samson Johnson bring to the team when he returns?

Reaction Score
If this kid comes back and is everything many of you believe he is, how could he not be anything but a plus? I’m just wondering if he’s better than last year or first game because he needs to be better than just the words we read. I’m rooting for him but skeptical in immediate impact.

Reaction Score
If this kid comes back and is everything many of you believe he is, how could he not be anything but a plus? I’m just wondering if he’s better than last year or first game because he needs to be better than just the words we read. I’m rooting for him but skeptical in immediate impact.
He played 17 minutes in the first game of the season. Harsh judging him off that and it's not like he faceplanted as he chipped in with 7 points and 3 Rebs.

Reaction Score
At bare minimum he won’t be feasted on like alex is being right now

Reaction Score
He brings better size, athleticism, shooting, rebounding, defense than Karaban. Am I forgetting anything?

Reaction Score
He can’t play 35 minutes all year. Plus gam
Karaban is growing in confidence he doesn't need his minutes s
decreased.Johnson will have to produce each somewhere immediately to get any minutes.whether it's defensively or offensively but he has to have an immediate impact or he will be limited ..too many bodies with roles ..hope he finds his as he could be impact player just don't know where that impact will be felt..
es like today sometimes he just ain’t athletic enough on the defensive end. He very much struggled defensively today He gets attacked sometimes. He just couldn’t hit his shot today either.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
He brings better size, athleticism, shooting, rebounding, defense than Karaban. Am I forgetting anything?
Fremantle is a very tough assignment for anyone Karaban's size. IDC, freshman, junior....whatever. it was a difficult matchup for him, without the relief a Johnson would provide against Freemantle.

Reaction Score
He played 17 minutes in the first game of the season. Harsh judging him off that and it's not like he faceplanted as he chipped in with 7 points and 3 Rebs.

He got beat on D looked lost a few times that’s where I judged him. That was his issue last year and why he didn’t get more minutes. Hope he’s better, certainly has the athleticism.

Reaction Score
He got beat on D looked lost a few times that’s where I judged him. That was his issue last year and why he didn’t get more minutes. Hope he’s better, certainly has the athleticism.
Agree but Johnson is taller, longer and can jump much higher than Fremantle which could have bothered him

Reaction Score
Shooting???

Karaban entered today's game with a 66.7 2p% and a 37.5 3p% and right now has the team's second highest 57.5 eFG%.
He’s a solid shooter. But that’s literally all he can do. Plus, all of his 3’s are wide open so his percentage really should be higher. Wasn’t he supposed to have a post up game??

Reaction Score
He’s a solid shooter. But that’s literally all he can do. Plus, all of his 3’s are wide open so his percentage really should be higher. Wasn’t he supposed to have a post up game??
Not sure what your deal is man, but he gets open because he moves without the ball better than virtually any freshman we have had in years. He often makes timely back cuts for open lay ups too.

I’m a johnson fan too but not sure why you are being so harsh on a player that has been such a huge positive impact to our team

Reaction Score
This has to be a joke, right? I’ll assume you missed that cross-court, perfectly placed, one-handed baseball pass to Dre for what was the most important basket (a three) with a few minutes to go vs Villanova. You clearly haven’t a clue.

Reaction Score
This has to be a joke, right? I’ll assume you missed that cross-court, perfectly placed, one-handed baseball pass to Dre for what was the most important basket (a three) with a few minutes to go vs Villanova. You clearly haven’t a clue.
That was a great pass. But a majority of college basketball players can make a skip pass to a wide open man. I personally don’t see any “better than average” skills in Karaban.

Reaction Score
Xavier played a great game. Kudos to Xavier, they won, and deserved to win.

If SJ is the player we (and the coaches) think he is, he matches up well against Xavier’s athletic bigs.

I hope we’re correct, and SJ’s the X factor, when we play Xavier again.

Reaction Score
Agree but Johnson is taller, longer and can jump much higher than Fremantle which could have bothered him

Clingan blocked his shot why does he need Johnson he had a bad match up for Fremantle in the bench already and didn’t play him.

Reaction Score
That was a great pass. But a majority of college basketball players can make a skip pass to a wide open man. I personally don’t see any “better than average” skills in Karaban.
tonight show GIF

Reaction Score
Clingan blocked his shot why does he need Johnson he had a bad match up for Fremantle in the bench already and didn’t play him.
I agree Clingan should have played more too. There is a solid chance Johnson could have helped also. That’s all I’m saying if you don’t agree then okay

Reaction Score
Fremantle is a very tough assignment for anyone Karaban's size. IDC, freshman, junior....whatever. it was a difficult matchup for him, without the relief a Johnson would provide against Freemantle.
Tonight's matchup against Freemantle is an excellent primer to prep them for when they play against other top 4's in the conference like Creighton's Arthur Kaluma (6'7 225) and Marquette's OM Prosper (6'8 230).

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Yeah Karaban has looked like a freshman defensively in a bunch of games now. He's going to be great for us in a few years and is good offensively right now but in s a few of these games he's been a liability on the floor. We'll see if Samson is able to make a difference when he comes back.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Yeah Karaban has looked like a freshman defensively in a bunch of games now. He's going to be great for us in a few years and is good offensively right now but in s a few of these games he's been a liability on the floor. We'll see if Samson is able to make a difference when he comes back.
Overmatched, from time to time, maybe.

But a liability?

Don't think I have seen that, yet.

Reaction Score
You judged him on 17 minutes??? Seriously, let Danny and the staff worry about how Samson fits in going forward.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom