OT: - What was your most recent random thought? Mines... | Page 7 | The Boneyard

OT: What was your most recent random thought? Mines...

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
I wonder what is the worst thing that can happen after ingesting that... I should have googled it before I ate it. Oh boy :oops:
a question fer u, dr. de gustibus:
i found a few cans of condensed milk in the back of the pantry recently.
the little writing on it sez 'best before 12/9/2018.'
what are my chances? i mean, the little writing on the egg carton just tells me that i prolly shouldn't use them more than a month or so after that date.
expiration dates are like speed limits, ie, just a suggestion, methinks.
iffn there's ever a cataclysmic, mass extinction event, i'll be fine. people standing around, jawing aboot 'expiration dates.' as if.
im bettin that u will, too.

Last edited:

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Maybe a piece of cheese, a Greek yogurt and 20 quick push ups is a better idea?
personal tastes aside, 'greek' yogurt is a ripoff iffn ur doing yogurt for primarily the magical health benefits. 'greek,' 'greek style' just means the regular stuff with less water.
mg calls me the pied piper of yogurt. tru dat, and when talking to anyone exhibiting even a remote interest in the stuff, i usually say 'hey! u can buy the cups for 32 cents each at price rite, and it's every bit as impactful as the stuff costing an arm and a leg, with goofy foreign names!'
iffn u were cruising around the hood back in old timey sumer, u would find barrels of the stuff on many street corners, available for free. grab the ladle, have sum! (but bring bur own dang cup.) 5000 years ago.
national health insurance, an all that.

anyone here know how to pronounce this one? i sure don't.
Total_Plain_5_Feature_347x300.jpg

Last edited:

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
My random thought is....
Why, after a rainstorm, do Robin's hop thru my backyard searching for worms whn the driveways always covered with em, you'd figure it'd be like a bird buffet, and my wife would stop freaking out if she steps on one while going to the car.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
personal tastes aside, 'greek' yogurt is a ripoff iffn ur doing yogurt for primarily the magical health benefits. 'greek,' 'greek style' just means the regular stuff with less water.
mg calls me the pied piper of yogurt. tru dat, and when talking to anyone exhibiting even a remote interest in the stuff, i usually say 'hey! u can buy the cups for 32 cents each at price rite, and it's every bit as impactful as the stuff costing an arm and a leg, with goofy foreign names!'
iffn u were cruising around the hood back in old timey sumer, u would find barrels of the stuff on many street corners, available for free. grab the ladle, have sum! (but bring bur own dang cup.) 5000 years ago.
national health insurance, an all that.

anyone here know how to pronounce this one? i sure don't.
Total_Plain_5_Feature_347x300.jpg
It says how to pronounce it right on the package. And it has more protein than regular yogurt as well as, IMO, better texture.

FC1FBDEB-231E-47A6-B50C-CFF4CBD21E35.jpeg

Reaction Score
Also, when will food packagers realize that almost every store uses those bar codes for ringing up sales and put the codes, EXTRA LARGE, on every side of the package? Flipping packages around looking for those codes is an unnecessary waste of everyone's time. Wonder why lines at checkout are long? Maybe it's the annoying dearth of bar codes.
Aldi puts bar codes on every side. That's how their checkers can ring so fast. Smart thinking!

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
It says how to pronounce it right on the package. And it has more protein than regular yogurt as well as, IMO, better texture.

View attachment 70202
good answer, but why would i read a package for something that i would never buy? and, iffn they have to include a pronounciation key on the package.......

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Aldi puts bar codes on every side. That's how their checkers can ring so fast. Smart thinking!
i went to that new aldi's in fairdale recently, where kohl's used to be. talk aboot underwhelming, the place immediately reminded me of the sav-a-lot, a mile or so down the road in Bridgeport, on Park Avenue, only with less stuff. same crowd tho.
i quickly left to go across the street to stop and shop. they have a lot more stuff.

Reaction Score
My random thought this morning - I'm so tired of hearing sports guys on TV calling everyone "dude" and "bro"- I think its been going on for years now.....damn, it may never end. Ugh.

Reaction Score
When I’m taking a fitness walk and I see three ant hills in a row on a crack in the pavement- are they three independent colonies or are they related like Home Goods, TJ Max and Marshalls?

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
When I’m taking a fitness walk and I see three ant hills in a row on a crack in the pavement- are they three independent colonies or are they related like Home Goods, TJ Max and Marshalls?
They are all part of a conglomerate...hahaha

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
why won't anyone at the broccoli thread talk aboot broccoli rabe?
is there a broccoli rabe cabal?
this is important stuff, and all i get is crickets.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
hmmmm, tough questions, broccoli rabe, ...
i wonder what ol leon has to say aboot that?

mebbe not such a good idea to ask him.

Reaction Score
Why is a duck when it swims? Because neither of its feet are both the same.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I told them TWICE no ketchup, yet they still put ketchup on it. They are officially on my boycott list.

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
Watching some football and was wondering, why isn't a punt isn't measured from the point of impact whn a field goal is?

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Watching some football and was wondering, why isn't a punt isn't measured from the point of impact whn a field goal is?
Never thought of that, but that's a great question.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
My random thought is....
Why, after a rainstorm, do Robin's hop thru my backyard searching for worms whn the driveways always covered with em, you'd figure it'd be like a bird buffet, and my wife would stop freaking out if she steps on one while going to the car.
Would you eat off of your driveway? Neither will they apparently.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom