What Is Your - ONE and Only - Favorite TV Show Theme Song ...and why? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

What Is Your - ONE and Only - Favorite TV Show Theme Song ...and why?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Not necessarily my favorite but this one charted high on Billboard. There seems to be a weaponry theme to my theme preferences.
The thread says post your favorite and yet your first words are...

Anyhoo, Peter Gunn is my current fave. It's catchy as hell, been covered by everyone. Have you seen this version lately? Some prime tuba.

Reaction Score
I'd have to go with this one, too, as my most memorable... it could well be the most famous piece of music to ever serve as a TV show theme, too.

How about in the credits that neither Rossini nor the mythical William Tell are even mentioned... LOL!
How about this YT clip that credits Mozart as the composer? I had to think about that for a moment.... Probably how @Hoops66 beat me to the post.
Rossini is credited in the description, but onscreen it show Mozart.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
The thread says post your favorite and yet your first words are...

Anyhoo, Peter Gunn is my current fave. It's catchy as hell, been covered by everyone. Have you seen this version lately? Some prime tuba.

Thank you for your interest in my post. I didn't,t say I didn’t like it. it’s a classic.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
I was literally typing my intro to this exact clip when you posted.
Iconic piece of music that I didn't fully appreciate until I learned to play the whole overture in HS band.
The tinny sound from the TV show doesn't do it justice.
My top choice also. Listen to this brass band version from the movie BRASSED OFF.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
For me, it was the Cisco Kid - the first western TV show I can remember as a kid, and one great theme song..!

If you aren’t aware, there is a beach in Malibu CA named for Leo Carillo who played Cisco’s sidekick Pancho. Not sure of the history.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
I liked Del Shannon's sound. I was intrigued by Dennis Farina being a police detective with an off-duty moonlighting stage and film actor (small parts). His TV career began a police consultant then getting a huge break on Crime Story.

Reaction Score
I remember as a kid singing along with the song from "The Greatest American Hero". The chorus was just so upbeat and fun. I liked the show, too.
There was talk of a movie reboot a few years back, but it sounded like it was being changed a lot and disappeared.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Nice park. About 25 minutes down the coast from where I live. We have camped there a few times and gone to the beach a few times. I once did a Google on Leo out of curiosity and learned all the above.
If you never saw the show The Cisco Kid, each episode ended with some sort of quip with both riding off laughing as they said “Oh Pancho”. Oh Cisco”.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I’m torn between Rawhide and Secret Agent, but if you guys insist on just one, then it’s the latter, a Johnny Rivers classic.

I posted both my favorite and then my second favorite because both deserved the light of day. These threads are for the fun of it unlike the serious business of such things as where Morrow will be on the morrow.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I love this thread even though it pretty much shows how ancient the company I keep is. Lots of great theme songs and that doesn’t include several pretty recognizable wordless intros like I Love Lucy and the Dick Van Dyke,show. Too bad we seem to be limite. I don’t think I’ve seen the Mary Tyler Moore them or the Cheers theme.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The theme for the show is good, but not memorable. However, I used to enjoy the show back in the day.

I’ve binge watched it recently. It’s still holds up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom