What Is Your - ONE and Only - Favorite TV Show Theme Song ...and why? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

What Is Your - ONE and Only - Favorite TV Show Theme Song ...and why?

Reaction Score
Mary Tyler Moore because it was "How will you make it on your own?" in season one. The whole theme song was about the doubt that a woman could survive on her own without a man. They changed it to "Who can turn the world on with her smile...you're going to make it after all."

That was big in the 70's - the show was groundbreaking for women and women writers.

Reaction Score
I was six or seven living in an unhappy household when this show first hit the airwaves. It came on after dark, in color and was the best sound I had ever heard. Still hear it at the first hint of adrenaline.

OMG!! Totally forgot about this classic. Saturday mornings in the 70s and 80s were the best!!

Reaction Score
Mary Tyler Moore because it was "How will you make it on your own?" in season one. The whole theme song was about the doubt that a woman could survive on her own without a man. They changed it to "Who can turn the world on with her smile...you're going to make it after all."

That was big in the 70's - the show was groundbreaking for women and women writers.

I loved that show for many reasons but the biggest factor, as a kid back in the 70s growing up in Minneapolis, seeing that "Minneapolis" exit sign and some of our downtown features here in Minneapolis, plus the Fran Tarkenton jersey, is why that show will always be in my top five favorite shows and theme songs.

1). Stanford & Son
2). SWAT (1970s) I think 1976 range.
3). MASH
4). Starsky & Hutch
5). Mary Tyler Moore

Reaction Score
For me, it was the Cisco Kid - the first western TV show I can remember as a kid, and one great theme song..!

I always loved watching that show just before going to church on Sundays back in the day. This show and Leave It To Beaver

Reaction Score
Winky Dink and You! The very first interactive television show--you put the "magic screen" (a piece of clear plastic) on the TV screen, and drew on it with your "magic crayons." I remember having to draw a bridge to help Winky get across a chasm to escape the bad guys.

Of course, if you were too poor to send off for the magic stuff (like me), you just drew on the TV screen with your own crayons, much to the annoyance of the parents.

Reaction Score
I'm sticking with my choice but being a product of the 80's, 90's and nd 00's there are a nuber of theme songs that are forever burned into my memory. Some include the theme songs from Family Ties, Happy Days, Friends, Cheers, Hill Street Blues, MASH, Laverne & Shirley, The Wonder Years, The A-Team, the Flintstones, The Simpson. I watched a lot of TV. My favorite TV theme song is "Short Skirt, Long Jacket" for the show Chuck, but I loved it before it was a theme song.
I could also name 50 more shows, the Brady Bunch, I Love Lucy, Frasier... etc.

Reaction Score

A classic drama. I loved all of the 80’s nighttime soaps: Dallas, Dynasty, Falcon Crest, Knots Landing.

Reaction Score
Winky Dink and You! The very first interactive television show--you put the "magic screen" (a piece of clear plastic) on the TV screen, and drew on it with your "magic crayons." I remember having to draw a bridge to help Winky get across a chasm to escape the bad guys.

Of course, if you were too poor to send off for the magic stuff (like me), you just drew on the TV screen with your own crayons, much to the annoyance of the parents.

When they first stated the show, you could send off and get a plastic to put on your screen for 50 cents. It think later you had to buy a set. I remember it took me some time to save up the money and I finally got the big set. Well the show only lasted a few more months, but therewas still a lot of cool stuff in the set to play with even without the show. The plastic that came with it was too small for the tv screen anyway. I do not think it was made for a 21 inch set.

Reaction Score
There was also a show that only lasted for 1 season on FX called 'Terriers'. It was a great show and it's theme song was an ear worm waiting to happen for those who heard it. I think it was called 'Gunfight Epiphany'. For modern shows, 'Long Hard Time To Come', the Justified theme song, would also fit the bill.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom