OT: - What is your favorite Christmas movie? | The Boneyard

OT: What is your favorite Christmas movie?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The holidays are here. The networks are all showing Christmas movies old and new. The Hallmark channel has some of the best new Christmas movies on TV. We all have our favorites. What's yours, and why. Also, we might as well share our favorite Christmas song as well.

My all time favorite Christmas move is "It happened on 5th Avenue" (1947) Starring Victor Moore, Ann Harding, Don DeFore, Charlie Ruggles and Gale Storm.

it-happened-on-5th-avenue.jpg

My favorite Christmas song is "It's the most wonderful time of the year" sung by Johnny Mathis or Andy Williams.

Attachments

• upload_2017-12-16_11-36-11.jpeg
    upload_2017-12-16_11-36-11.jpeg
    15.8 KB · Views: 31
Last edited by a moderator:

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I haven't seen "Its a wonderful life". Bits and pieces yes, but never from start to finish.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
A Christmas Carol and several versions at that, from black and white to the George C. Scott version of the 80s. Second, one a bit more contemporary: Scrooged. Who can ever forget this wonderful scene:

Honorable Mention Clark Griswold -National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and Home Alone.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The original animated version of How the Stole Christmas. Not a movie, but still a favorite. Favorite song-Away in a Manger, but if I need a 'pick me up', then Angela Lansbury - Need a Little Christmas.

Reaction Score
I haven't seen "Its a wonderful life". Bits and pieces yes, but never from start to finish.
don't! Save yourself!! My idea of hell is being strapped in a chair, scotch tape keeping my eyelids open and having to watch that movie in an endless loop. Frank Capra sometimes managed to rise above mere saccharine corniness. this wasn't one of those times. My least favorite movie of all time, but each his own.

A movie that manages to be both funny AND reverent at the same time, and a true joy of a movie:

Screen Shot 2017-12-16 at 5.34.40 PM.png

Last edited:

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
There are lot of good Christmas movies. Both classic and new. Maybe split it up by category too?

My faves:
1. Serious: Miracle 34th (Orig), The Gathering, Scrooge (Alistair)
2. Comedy: Christmas Vacation, Christmas Story, Home Alone
3. Animated/ stop motion: Rudolph (Rankin) , Grinch (Original Karloff), Mister MaGoo

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
don't! Save yourself!! My idea of hell is being strapped in a chair, scotch tape keeping my eyelids open and having to watch that movie in an endless loop. Frank Capra sometimes managed to rise above mere saccharine corniness. this wasn't one of those times. My least favorite movie of all time, but each his own.

A movie that manages to be both funny AND reverent at the same time, and a true joy of a movie:

View attachment 26998

Basement, stairs, nail ... no matter how many times I see it, I cannot help splitting a gut over that scene ....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom