What is the opposite of poised? (Merged) | The Boneyard

What is the opposite of poised? (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
the 2017-18 season we will be much much better, not only bc we'll have TL & AG back, but primarily due to the fact that Purvis will no longer be on this team. The kid is a turnover machine.

If I had a penny for everytime this kid finds a way to Butch up a fast break, step out of bounds, get called for steps, or misses a point blank lay up, I'd have atleast 10 grand for Xmas shopping. I hate to get on a kid for his shortcomings, but in which universe was he ever a McD all american?!? I don't get it, his bball iq is severely lacking, and that's being kind.

It's gonna be a long season, I just hope we atleast finish out with a winning record

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Have deleted more posts than I've written about Rodney because I hate to trash our kids, especially ones who do try hard. But damn he drives me crazy.

That said, we lose to 'Cuse easily the other night without him.

He's maddening.

Reaction Score
I have tremendous and respect for Purvis off the court. He is a very spiritual man who is very grounded in his faith.

But on the court, I can not wait to see him go.

Reaction Score
the 2017-18 season we will be much much better, not only bc we'll have TL & AG back, but primarily due to the fact that Purvis will no longer be on this team. The kid is a turnover machine.

If I had a penny for everytime this kid finds a way to Butch up a fast break, step out of bounds, get called for steps, or misses a point blank lay up, I'd have atleast 10 grand for Xmas shopping. I hate to get on a kid for his shortcomings, but in which universe was he ever a McD all american?!? I don't get it, his bball iq is severely lacking, and that's being kind.

It's gonna be a long season, I just hope we atleast finish out with a winning record

I like Rodney as young man who represents the university and basketball program as a great ambassador, but it's hard to argue against the fact that his turnovers and inability to dribble really hurt the offense.

On top of the actual turnovers he usually has during a game his poor shot selection have the same effect as turnovers. He shot 4 of 14 today many of which were poor shots.

i was really hoping Rodney would be our go to guy and leader (basketball productions wise) this year but He continues to have the same deficiencies as past years and unfortunately his shooting has gone south this year as well.

Reaction Score
The shots he takes are not bad in a vacuum. They are just bad shots for him. I love Rodney but he is white hot for a 5 minute period once every five games. To me that should not give him a never ending, unforgiving greenlight. Unfortunately on this team who else is gonna shoot other than him or Jalen? He is an inefficient player that we just have to live with until it is over. In my frustration I remind myself that he both loves and represents Uconn in the best manner, and he has had some terrific moments here. I will always root for him. Cant be a selfish fan. These kids are a bit undermanned and are giving us all thay have.

Reaction Score
if I knew how to post a picture, I would post a picture of Rodney. It is completely unreal how a 5th year senior, former McD AA can make as many bonehead plays per game as this guy. Brimah and Facey at least have shown some signs of consistent improvement lately. Yes, Purvis made some big shots against Cuse, but he single handedly gave this game away tonight. Unfortunately we are stuck w him for the rest of the year, god I can't wait until he's gone.

And to anyone blaming the refs......please. UConn gift wrapped that game for OSU, the refs had ZERO to do w the outcome. Another winnable game lost due to sheer basketball stupidity. A good effort from everyone not named Rodney Purvis was wasted.

Reaction Score
They don't have much poise. I feel like if one thing does not go their way it has the possibility of completely snowballing on them. They missed 5 straight free throws at the end of the Cuse game and I think Jalen missed a FT against LMU that gave them a chance to tie or win too. The team is rather fragile. In previous years there was always at least on guy who you could count on at the end of games to make the right play but there isn't one right now.

Reaction Score
Oh yeah, Jalen completely disappearing in the second half had nothing to do with it. All on Rodney. :rolleyes:
Jalen is asked to do EVERYTHING for this team. Rodney was god-awful at all the wrong times in this game. If you're blaming Jalen over Rodney, you must be a relative.

Reaction Score

Couldn't agree more

Reaction Score
Unfortunately we run an offense where someone has to be "SUPERMAN", cuz KO does not run a motion offense that creates offense on its own like Wisconsin. If everybody with warts on our team stopped trying to be superman, we would literally rely on Jalen for 100% of everything which is unreasonable and unsustainable for both him and us. Someone has to make a move and take a shot at some point other than Jalen. If we were not mad at Rodney it would be someone else who is struggling. We just do not have enough playmakers and scorers this year to hang with most teams. I hate it but it is just a fact. Im trying to find joy in player development, beating Cuse, and other small victories this year.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Enoch had nothing to do with it? I think I gave up today on ever seeing the lightbulb go on.
For me, the leash is still long with Enoch, it's his 2nd yr, and quite frankly, I didn't have high hopes of him dominating the game early on in his career anyways. His boneheaded plays are more a product of not having the requisite amount of depth on the team due to injuries, therefore his minutes will be a lot higher than his skill level calls for. Let's just hope his heightened court time will accelerate his development.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
if I knew how to post a picture, I would post a picture of Rodney. It is completely unreal how a 5th year senior, former McD AA can make as many bonehead plays per game as this guy. Brimah and Facey at least have shown some signs of consistent improvement lately. Yes, Purvis made some big shots against Cuse, but he single handedly gave this game away tonight. Unfortunately we are stuck w him for the rest of the year, god I can't wait until he's gone.

And to anyone blaming the refs.please. UConn gift wrapped that game for OSU, the refs had ZERO to do w the outcome. Another winnable game lost due to sheer basketball stupidity. A good effort from everyone not named Rodney Purvis was wasted.

The officiating was horrible, but even with it we still could have won if we made free throws and had fewer turnovers. This wasn't a good game for Rodney, but I wouldn't say it was all his fault.

Reaction Score
Jalen is asked to do EVERYTHING for this team. Rodney was god-awful at all the wrong times in this game. If you're blaming Jalen over Rodney, you must be a relative.
You said it because Jalen is giving his heart and soul out there. The Purvis turnovers continue to kill us and it can't happen but we are stuck, he can't be benched. The traveling is ingrained and can't be cured at this point, he's gonna have 2-3 per game plus catching the ball out of bounds which he didn't do tonight, but he did step out and then catch a pass.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don't like the notion of wishing kids away from the program. That said, I find myself thinking the same thing.

Reaction Score
Tremendous human being, but a guy you just aren't going to win with if you're relying on him to be a major contributor.

Certain guys, like Shabazz, have come through this program and made you think "this guy is just a winning player". Purvis is the opposite. Unbelievably low BB IQ.

But like others, I feel bad speaking so negatively about a great person and ambassador for this program.

Reaction Score
You said it because Jalen is giving his heart and soul out there. The Purvis turnovers continue to kill us and it can't happen but we are stuck, he can't be benched. The traveling is ingrained and can't be cured at this point, he's gonna have 2-3 per game plus catching the ball out of bounds which he didn't do tonight, but he did step out and then catch a pass.
I love Jalen, but he completely disappeared in the second half. Absolutely invisible. He didn't run the offense, he didn't drive to the hoop and he didn't score in the second half until there was about a minute left. I understand he can't do everything, and he isn't always going to play great, but he got shut down a couple times very early in the second half driving to the hoop and then just seemed to give up on trying after that. Completely silent. This team simply can't win if he disappears for an entire half. That's just reality with this roster.

Reaction Score
And so what? It's not even illegal. The ref doesn't even know the rules.
Uh...Section 4. Player Out of Bounds Art. 1. A player who steps out of bounds under his own volition and then becomes the first player to touch the ball after returning to the playing court has committed a violation.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
OSU went 2-18 on threes despite numerous open looks. UConn was lucky to be in a one possession game late.

We are outmanned and even with a short roster we're carrying dead weight - Enoch sucks, our other bigs still have foul issue, we can't get to the line or shoot FTs when we get there. The 3-4 guys who have a reasonably competent overall game can't carry us.

Look, we all love the Huskies and want them to win. But this isn't going to be our year. Only chance is to win the AAC tourney, so let's all calm down. Shiat happens and this year it did in spades.

Reaction Score
Just call as it is, extremely under manned by injuries.

I give credit to Uconn the last couple of games for showing some grit and being close with teams that are way, way, way more talented than us at this point.

And yes Enoch sucks, always has, most likely always will.

Can't wait to see Durham again.

Reaction Score
Love hating on Purvis, reason why we lost verse OSU is because Trevor Thompson went 17 & 17 verse us coming off the bench.

Totally embarrassing.

Our bigs.

Yes Purvis is frustrating but he is further down on the list of issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom