What if? Who guards EDD? | The Boneyard

What if? Who guards EDD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
IF we end up playing Delaware, who guards EDD?

Reaction Score
Breanna with help. Remember, Delle Donne is a fifth year senior. Breanna is a freshman. Whoever their weakest scorers are, other than the center, they will have to help. Who guards Kaleena for Delaware? It won't be Delle Donne. If it is Breanna will have a decided advantage.

Reaction Score
Hopefully UCONN will beat Maryland first. They are not exactly a push over and their size may cause matchup problems for the Huskies.

Reaction Score
she is good but I am not sure she is as good as people think she is. Stewie would be my choice as well, I think we have a great chance to win that one

Reaction Score
I'm hoping it won't come to it because I love Elena but if it does it will a team defense on her. UConn has not seen anyone like her all season and probably never will. She would torch us for at least 25 but I know Delaware will lose by at least 20, which is not something I want to see.

Reaction Score
If we beat Maryland, I'd stick Kelly on EDD..to see how that works. I think Kelly could do it.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
she is good but I am not sure she is as good as people think she is. Stewie would be my choice as well, I think we have a great chance to win that one

I still believe that folks are under-evaluating one of the greatest talents in the history of the woman's game and that her pro and olympic post-college career will confirm that.

Reaction Score
It won't happen but I wonder h0w Kiah would do defensively against EDD.

Reaction Score
You have to think Breanna is the best matchup in WCBB for EDD...it will be some of the best basketball we'll ever see if it comes to fruition...

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
I say a mixture of Kelly and Stewie with some KML thrown in as well.

Reaction Score
I still believe that folks are under-evaluating one of the greatest talents in the history of the woman's game and that her pro and olympic post-college career will confirm that.
Will EDD go on and play Pro ball stateside and in Europe?? Can she move away from home and leave her sister and family nest?? Remember she gave up "True" All-American Status and 2-3 National Championships so she could stay at home...And that could easily parley into Multi-millions of dollars. Just think what Geno could have taught her .. .. WOW: use Tina Charles as a example....That's a awful lot to give up, but regardless of money and fame it's family that really counts in the end.

Is this still the case...Will a Pro team take a chance on her??? They know she has been taught to be passive on defense in order to protect her body and avoid injury, will a Pro team accept this???

Want to make a buck, set up a reality show for ESPN..."Shoot Out of the Stars"...One on One, with Leslie L, EDD, Candice P, Big Silvia, Tina C. and who else. What a great 4 episode show that would be!!!!

Reaction Score
The former UConn player I'd be more concerned about is Samarie. Much more likely to be seen.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Im really not concerned about either game. We will win both by alot. MD hasnt really played a tuff schedule and we beat them by 15 withKML on the bench most of the game and withother injuries. Delaware or Kentucky will be 25+ wins. Remember Kentucky plays Vandy and look at what we did to them. MD played us and Duke and what we did to Duke and MD injured. It might be close for a while but when UConn gets it run it will be a lock. I truly believe we will beat Baylor in the finals and win number 8. We are clicking right now. We are peaking and getting better each game. Dont worry and dont fall into the hype. We will be fine.

Reaction Score
Kelly isn't tall enough. She would be giving away six inches. Delle Donne would just shoot over her. Kiah's not fast enough to guard her on the perimeter.
Breanna has very long arms and is more mobile than Kiah. As I said in a previous post, Breanna will need help. However, UConn will win.

Reaction Score
One thing that I did notice in UD's win over UNC, is the EDD can jump. It's kind of unusual for someone 6'5" to have that ability, or willingness. They are used to getting boards strictly because of their height advantage. That may, in itself, cause problems for UK.

Reaction Score
She's a tough guard with any of the players in UConn history. But going all time I'd put Maya on her for now Stewart with a double like the consensus. I could see Kiah for about four minutes. My thought is by halftime we will be up by so much it won't matter

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
Kelly isn't tall enough. She would be giving away six inches. Delle Donne would just shoot over her. Kiah's not fast enough to guard her on the perimeter.
Breanna has very long arms and is more mobile than Kiah. As I said in a previous post, Breanna will need help. However, UConn will win.
I do agree Kelly's lack of height could be a problem, but getting the ball to Elena could be a problem for UD. I disagree with Kiah's lack of quickness. Early in the year Geno had Kiah playing at the front of the press - I doubt he would do that if he feels she had no lateral quickness. Her timing, strength and length could be enough to give EDD fits. If Geno said to Kiah that her main purpose was to shut Elena down, it would be fun to watch.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Will EDD go on and play Pro ball stateside and in Europe?? Can she move away from home and leave her sister and family nest?? Remember she gave up "True" All-American Status and 2-3 National Championships so she could stay at home...And that could easily parley into Multi-millions of dollars. Just think what Geno could have taught her .. .. WOW: use Tina Charles as a example....That's a awful lot to give up, but regardless of money and fame it's family that really counts in the end.

Is this still the case...Will a Pro team take a chance on her??? They know she has been taught to be passive on defense in order to protect her body and avoid injury, will a Pro team accept this???

Want to make a buck, set up a reality show for ESPN..."Shoot Out of the Stars"...One on One, with Leslie L, EDD, Candice P, Big Silvia, Tina C. and who else. What a great 4 episode show that would be!!!!

The above has all been answered by EDD numerous times recently. She is not allowed to answer any more because some posters here think she should not keep talking about it.

Reaction Score
Hopefully UCONN will beat Maryland first. They are not exactly a push over and their size may cause matchup problems for the Huskies.
Yes, like they say, take one game at a time.
Who does Delaware have to beat in order to play UConn in the elite 8?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom