What if....Benedict to Hurley: “We’ll be in ACC by the final year of your contract” | Page 6 | The Boneyard

What if....Benedict to Hurley: “We’ll be in ACC by the final year of your contract”

Reaction Score
Ha, what a load of BS! UConn was the top dog in the Big East and look where that got us. Even FB won the league and got to a BCS bowl at a time of realignment. A Pasqualoni coached team beat UL on the road when the ACC was choosing between UConn and UL and guess who the ACC chose. If realignment was based on winning and being the top-dog how the hell is Pitt, BC, Cuse and especially Rutgers ahead of UConn?
Winning or losing may not matter. Politics in the ACC kept UConn out. Cable boxes in New Jersey got Rutgers in. I think at this time, it wouldn't hurt to be competitive in one's own conference at least when the carousel starts up again.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
True that UConn beat Lousville in 2012...but UConn had a 5-7 losing season (losses to NC State, Syracuse, Western Michigan, Temple, Rutgers, USF, Cincinnati) and Louisville went on to win 11 games including beating #3 11-2 Florida in the Sugar Bowl...maybe folks thought that louisville loss was a WTF game and didn't attribute that to UConn's prowess.
I doubt they looked past us. That was a statement game of sorts which was hyped a bit by the media. That said the decision was already made before that game. It is an interesting but irrelevant data point.

Reaction Score
It is true that if UConn can rebuild its basketball program it could possibly be in the running for the Big East.

Reaction Score
It is true that if UConn can rebuild its basketball program it could possibly be in the running for the Big East.
UConn gets accepted to the big east tomorrow if football is dropped today. It doesn't matter how the program is doing right now

Reaction Score
UConn gets accepted to the big east tomorrow if football is dropped today. It doesn't matter how the program is doing right now

There would be no need to drop football to join the Big East.

UConn built the Rent and is committed to football.

The Big East is a "basketball first" conference and UConn would need to rebound a bit to get considered. We already have a DePaul. UConn will cycle back up. The Big East would be a good recruiting platform for UConn.

Reaction Score

The Big East is a "basketball first" conference and UConn would need to rebound a bit to get considered. We already have a DePaul. UConn will cycle back up. The Big East would be a good recruiting platform for UConn.
LOL no we wouldn't. We wouldn't need to "rebuild" anything at all

Reaction Score
LOL no we wouldn't. We wouldn't need to "rebuild" anything at all
Well, you finished 80 spots lower in kenpom than DePaul last year. I guess that is one way to get DePaul out of the basement.

UConn needs to, and will, improve.

Reaction Score

Why are folks still talking about the Big East? The school moved on. The BE moved on. We are even moving our Olympic sports out of that conference. We are not going back. Please stop.

Reaction Score
Well, you finished 80 spots lower in kenpom than DePaul last year. I guess that is one way to get DePaul out of the basement.

UConn needs to, and will, improve.
Dear Lord, UConn re-enters the Big East tomorrow as it's most successful program ever, Nova a close 2nd now with the 3rd title.

You can't re-write history & what UConn did as a member of the Big East stands troll.

Reaction Score
Dear Lord, UConn re-enters the Big East tomorrow as it's most successful program ever, Nova a close 2nd now with the 3rd title.

You can't re-write history & what UConn did as a member of the Big East stands troll.

So we are tied at 3 National Titles while representing the Big East.

History is very important. So too is the present.

Reaction Score
So we are tied at 3 National Titles while representing the Big East.

History is very important. So too is the present.
We are continuing in the old renamed Big East. You are in some newly created entity. Please, find a new hobby. We've had smarter UL and Rutgers fans around.

We have 4 in the conference that began in 1979. You will always have 1. Stick to the Catholic Conference. You come up with the dumbest logic to feel better about VU. Explains your misogyny.

Reaction Score
Academics may have had a meaning in conference realignment, but likely it was fake advertising back when BC and Miami were touting academics as their reason for betraying the Big East. Academics are meaningless now in conference realignment, for any conference. So please let's just stop this. The ACC members are bound by a GOR until 2036. There is no need for them to expand. They are supported by millions of dollars courtesy by our beloved ESPN. I would not hold my breath waiting for the ACC. UConn is going to have to be top dog in the AAC and then hopefully, someone will come calling, or hopefully the whole system will collapse and start all over again.

I doubt - after BloomingIdiot sued them - that the ACC will invite us if it was between UConn or Manchester (N.H.) Community College.

Reaction Score
I doubt - after BloomingIdiot sued them - that the ACC will invite us if it was between UConn or Manchester (N.H.) Community College.
You basically are confirming what I posted. There will be no ACC for UConn at least until 2036 and probably never, and by then college athletics themselves may look very different.

Reaction Score
You basically are confirming what I posted. There will be no ACC for UConn at least until 2036 and probably never, and by then college athletics themselves may look very different.
I suspect if the ACC or B1o find they need increased viewership on the cable channels they offfer, UConn will be in the picture again. Maryland and Rutgers were not put into the B10 because of football skills. It's about money.

Reaction Score
Given your posting history on the CR board, confirming your opinion on UConn's chances at a P5 invite, is like confirming the United States won WW2. Just because everybody knows your opinion on this subject, doesn't mean you're right.

Reaction Score
Why 2036?

Reaction Score
Just so you guys know, I expect any moment that Tom Brady is going to call me and let me know that Gisele is just too much woman for him and that he needs me to...well....step in. Thinking I should probably wait for Tom's call before telling my wife.

Strange, my wife keeps telling me Tom Brady is the actual farther of one of my kids. I am still waiting for the child support check...

Reaction Score
Because no new ACC member would get any conference revenue until 2036.

I'm not sure that I would agree with that statement.

The ACC has renegotiated and extended its ESPN contract several times already with the addition of new programs...

In July 2010, the ACC signed a 12 year contract with ESPN through 2022...in 2012, that contract was renegotiaited and extend to 2026 with the addition of Syracuse and Pitt....and again, later, the contract renegotiated and was extended with the partial addition of Notre Dame.

There is a clause in place that allows for the opening and renegotiation of the contract for any program addition.

I do suspect, that now, like the B1G and Big 12, the ACC might pay a partial distribution to a new member for a period.

Reaction Score

The ACC has renegotiated and extended its ESPN contract several times already with the addition of new programs...

In July 2010, the ACC signed a 12 year contract with ESPN through 2022...in 2012, that contract was renegotiaited and extend to 2026 with the addition of Syracuse and Pitt....and again, later, the contract renegotiated and was extended with the partial addition of Notre Dame.

There is a clause in place that allows for the opening and renegotiation of the contract for any program addition.

I do suspect, that now, like the B1G and Big 12, the ACC might pay a partial distribution to a new member for a period.
If thats how these things work, Rutgers ought to be paying the Big just for letting them be there.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Strange, my wife keeps telling me Tom Brady is the actual farther of one of my kids. I am still waiting for the child support check...
So have you asked for the quid pro quo with Gisele? It seems only fair.

Reaction Score

Maybe if Notre Dame is forced to join in football, things may be renegotiated.

Just posting what I read elsewhere

Reaction Score
Maybe if Notre Dame is forced to join in football, things may be renegotiated.

Just posting what I read elsewhere

One-loss Domers could miss the playoffs...

They might make the decision on their own.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom