1. Reminder: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

There’s a link in the top navigation bar for Amazon.com. Purchases made via this link help support The Boneyard. (Dismiss this notice by clicking the x at the top right of the box)
    Dismiss Notice

What if....Benedict to Hurley: “We’ll be in ACC by the final year of your contract”

Discussion in 'Conference Realignment Board' started by Dream Jobbed 2.0, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Hoophound

Hoophound

Spot on. That’s hilarious. Syracuse helps sell furniture and furnaces in central NY but BC doesn’t do anything for anyone and that’s 100% true. BC hasn’t produced revenue for anyone since Flutie left.

2. buddy

buddy

Yet they are getting $28 million dollars/year.

3. huskyrob1

huskyrob1

I'm sure the rest of the ACC just loves giving it to them.

Dream Jobbed 2.0 likes this.
  4. buddy

buddy

I hope you listened to AD Dave's podcast today. There are no invites in the near future for UConn to a P5 Conference. The AAC will be the home of the Huskies for the foreseeable future. He discusses the disconnect between the fan base idea of where UConn should be, and the reality of the situation. It is, unfortunately, not good news for UConn going to a P5 Conference.

History Geek likes this.
  5. Nostical

Nostical

He’s also smart enough to know that unless we embrace where we are right now, dramatically increase our attendance, and compete on the field and court for championships, we’ll be less likely to move up. He’s never going to say “Yeah, we’re aspiring to move up and are doing our best to get out of the AAC.” People can infer it but saying it is bad form.

Butch likes this.
  6. Hoophound

Hoophound

Even if he knows we have a path to the the P5, he also knows nothing is a lock. We have to win and fill seats.

We can’t be an embarrassment when judgement day comes. You get support by being good at stuff. Fortunately, our academics are a huge asset with college presidents. Granted, not AAU but still very good. If we were back to our old form of slightly above average in football and a basketball power, there would be nothing to to object to md we’d be a lock.

7. LoyalFanCT

LoyalFanCT

That is what they always say. There are likely continuing informal backroom discussions among UConn and ACC officials.

8. buddy

buddy

I don't think so. UConn was rejected at least twice by the ACC. This is a fantasy that some have been thinking is occurring but is actually not occurring. That is what he referred to when he mentioned a disconnect with the fans in this regard. UConn tried to get into the Big 12 last year and they decided not to expand. Would UConn have tried to get to the Big 12 if they were already in "backroom" discussions with the ACC? The ACC will not be expanding until at least 2036 it seems to me. UConn needs to succeed in the AAC. Nothing else is going on.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018 at 8:04 PM
  9. UCHuskies08

UCHuskies08

Imagine being a UConn fan in 2018 and still thinking a P5 invite is coming. At this point, I'm pretty sure it's pathological.

Who Ha, Dream Jobbed 2.0 and buddy like this.
  10. History Geek

History Geek

Guilty!

UConnDan97 and CL82 like this.
  11. CL82

CL82 Excited about UConn basketball again!

[​IMG]

12. uconndogs

uconndogs

You’re probably right, but the fact that you continue to post these types of messages as a visitor on this board suggests you have the self awareness of a cockroach.

CL82 likes this.
  13. buddy

buddy

I think cockroaches are pretty smart. They have survived for millions of years and likely will survive after humans are long gone. So, I am not insulted. Also, you did start your comment agreeing with what I stated. Believe me, I really wish it wasn't true. UConn must compete and win now or it will be over and the wishes of some that UConn return to the Big East and forget football will come true. I continue to post these messages only because other continue to post a fantasy scenario, like to title of this thread. If you have been reading here, you will note that most "insiders" have either disappeared or gone silent on conference realignment. To me, that says it all.

14. The X Man

The X Man

If he didn’t post about it he really wouldn’t have anything to say.

Bobol and CL82 like this.
  15. CL82

CL82 Excited about UConn basketball again!

upload_2018-4-22_12-48-29.jpeg
    "Yeah, me got nuttin'."

16. UcannUconn

UcannUconn

We're not getting a P5 invite. We should set our sights on joining the Big East for all non-football sports and C-USA/American for Football only.

Bobol likes this.
  17. uconndogs

uconndogs

I suggested you have the self awareness of a cockroach, not the intelligence. As for longevity, a&&holes have been around for a million years too.

18. whaler11

whaler11 Geno probably doesn’t like you

Yeah Buddy is the problem.