What if....Benedict to Hurley: “We’ll be in ACC by the final year of your contract” | Page 3 | The Boneyard

What if....Benedict to Hurley: “We’ll be in ACC by the final year of your contract”

Reaction Score
Big time Advertising Dollars??? For cellar dwellers Cuse and BC??? Since when is ESPN having Syracuse and Boston College as it's marqee Game Day teams every weekend? What ever you are smoking I want some. Lol. I have no angst whatsoever, but I do have my suspicions when trolls like you try to pass yourself off as lifelong UConn fans either as "buddy" or your other phoney handle "billybud", and post misinformation like this crap. Show me the hard numbers where Syracuse and BC are raking in big-time advertising dollars for ESPN and the ACC every weekend.

Spot on. That’s hilarious. Syracuse helps sell furniture and furnaces in central NY but BC doesn’t do anything for anyone and that’s 100% true. BC hasn’t produced revenue for anyone since Flutie left.

Reaction Score
Spot on. That’s hilarious. Syracuse helps sell furniture and furnaces in central NY but BC doesn’t do anything for anyone and that’s 100% true. BC hasn’t produced revenue for anyone since Flutie left.
Yet they are getting $28 million dollars/year.

Reaction Score
I'm sure the rest of the ACC just loves giving it to them.
I hope you listened to AD Dave's podcast today. There are no invites in the near future for UConn to a P5 Conference. The AAC will be the home of the Huskies for the foreseeable future. He discusses the disconnect between the fan base idea of where UConn should be, and the reality of the situation. It is, unfortunately, not good news for UConn going to a P5 Conference.

Reaction Score
I hope you listened to AD Dave's podcast today. There are no invites in the near future for UConn to a P5 Conference. He discusses the disconnect between the fan base idea of where UConn should be, and the reality of the situation.

He’s also smart enough to know that unless we embrace where we are right now, dramatically increase our attendance, and compete on the field and court for championships, we’ll be less likely to move up. He’s never going to say “Yeah, we’re aspiring to move up and are doing our best to get out of the AAC.” People can infer it but saying it is bad form.

Reaction Score
Even if he knows we have a path to the the P5, he also knows nothing is a lock. We have to win and fill seats.

We can’t be an embarrassment when judgement day comes. You get support by being good at stuff. Fortunately, our academics are a huge asset with college presidents. Granted, not AAU but still very good. If we were back to our old form of slightly above average in football and a basketball power, there would be nothing to to object to md we’d be a lock.

Reaction Score
I hope you listened to AD Dave's podcast today. There are no invites in the near future for UConn to a P5 Conference. The AAC will be the home of the Huskies for the foreseeable future. He discusses the disconnect between the fan base idea of where UConn should be, and the reality of the situation. It is, unfortunately, not good news for UConn going to a P5 Conference.
That is what they always say. There are likely continuing informal backroom discussions among UConn and ACC officials.

Reaction Score
That is what they always say. There are likely continuing informal backroom discussions among UConn and ACC officials.
I don't think so. UConn was rejected at least twice by the ACC. This is a fantasy that some have been thinking is occurring but is actually not occurring. That is what he referred to when he mentioned a disconnect with the fans in this regard. UConn tried to get into the Big 12 last year and they decided not to expand. Would UConn have tried to get to the Big 12 if they were already in "backroom" discussions with the ACC? The ACC will not be expanding until at least 2036 it seems to me. UConn needs to succeed in the AAC. Nothing else is going on.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Imagine being a UConn fan in 2018 and still thinking a P5 invite is coming. At this point, I'm pretty sure it's pathological.
giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Reaction Score

You’re probably right, but the fact that you continue to post these types of messages as a visitor on this board suggests you have the self awareness of a cockroach.

Reaction Score
I think cockroaches are pretty smart. They have survived for millions of years and likely will survive after humans are long gone. So, I am not insulted. Also, you did start your comment agreeing with what I stated. Believe me, I really wish it wasn't true. UConn must compete and win now or it will be over and the wishes of some that UConn return to the Big East and forget football will come true. I continue to post these messages only because other continue to post a fantasy scenario, like to title of this thread. If you have been reading here, you will note that most "insiders" have either disappeared or gone silent on conference realignment. To me, that says it all.

Reaction Score
You’re probably right, but the fact that you continue to post these types of messages as a visitor on this board suggests you have the self awareness of a cockroach.

If he didn’t post about it he really wouldn’t have anything to say.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
We're not getting a P5 invite. We should set our sights on joining the Big East for all non-football sports and C-USA/American for Football only.

Reaction Score
I think cockroaches are pretty smart. They have survived for millions of years and likely will survive after humans are long gone. So, I am not insulted. Also, you did start your comment agreeing with what I stated. Believe me, I really wish it wasn't true. UConn must compete and win now or it will be over and the wishes of some that UConn return to the Big East and forget football will come true. I continue to post these messages only because other continue to post a fantasy scenario, like to title of this thread. If you have been reading here, you will note that most "insiders" have either disappeared or gone silent on conference realignment. To me, that says it all.

I suggested you have the self awareness of a cockroach, not the intelligence. As for longevity, a&&holes have been around for a million years too.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
He’s also smart enough to know that unless we embrace where we are right now, dramatically increase our attendance, and compete on the field and court for championships, we’ll be less likely to move up. He’s never going to say “Yeah, we’re aspiring to move up and are doing our best to get out of the AAC.” People can infer it but saying it is bad form.

If he didn’t post about it he really wouldn’t have anything to say.

Yeah Buddy is the problem.

Reaction Score
Before writing off UConn as an ACC team, recall how UConn was just ranked No. 20 in college baseball and continues to do exceptionally well in women's field hockey. It is clearly a top team in women's basketball, and has great potential in men's basketball and football.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Before writing off UConn as an ACC team, recall how UConn was just ranked No. 20 in college baseball and continues to do exceptionally well in women's field hockey. It is clearly a top team in women's basketball, and has great potential in men's basketball and football.
Nice post. We are an attractive candidate, but I can't see how we bring enough revenue to the table to justify expansion. The next CR event will probably be the break up the Big 12. That might get us a soft landing spot as a partner to one of the bigger players, or we might end up in a best of the rest group.

Reaction Score
I don't think that there is any question that UConn is a P5 school. The problem is whether the other conferences are willing to expand to take UConn and if it will financially worthwhile for them and ESPN to expand. That is where the problem lies. Not with the metrics that UConn has to offer.

Reaction Score

We can't forget the recent success of soccer and hockey. But are these enough sports to balance our lower football performance?

Reaction Score
No.

As a poster above has alluded, not until those sports can bring in $28 million plus per year in additional media money.

The Big 12 might actually be twelve if there were teams available that would not cut into the current per program payout.

Reaction Score
We're not getting a P5 invite. We should set our sights on joining the Big East for all non-football sports and C-USA/American for Football only.
You, my friend, are completely wrong and clueless. You clearly cannot see trends. Maybe besides stuff like Marilyn Manson, etc, when it is popular.

Reaction Score
It may look bleak now, but conference realignment can take place rapidly. UConn can make it into the ACC and it would not surprise me if it happens in a few years. I have confidence that our football and men's bball programs will soon improve drastically. And our UConn officials know how to sell the school to a P5 conference.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom