OT: - What happens to Brady next season? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: What happens to Brady next season?

Reaction Score
As I mentioned above, what's the difference between a guy having a line of Nike clothes or a hawking an iphone when all those products are made in sweat shops? Heck the people buying those products--ie you and me--are effectively supporting human rights violations. Those products and the associated issues are far more detrimental to society than some supplements which might not do anything.

I mean, I guess an athlete could only hawk sustainably made solar panels or something, but most other stuff has its negatives.

On the list of things to be outraged about pro athletes for, Brady's is like number 500,000 or something.

Do I seem outraged? I'm not. Brady can do whatever he wants to do.

And, honestly, while I understand the concept you're pushing here with your Nike sweatshop analogy, I hope you can recognize how absurd it sounds. You're a Pats fan, you're going to stan for the greatest Patriot of all time, I get it.

Alex Guerrero is literally a con artist. A documented con artist. If you're really going to push the idea that Kevin Durant having a Nike deal is the same thing as Brady enthusiastically endorsing the wares of a con artist, that's your prerogative, I suppose, but it sounds absurd.

Reaction Score

And, honestly, while I understand the concept you're pushing here with your Nike sweatshop analogy, I hope you can recognize how absurd it sounds. You're a Pats fan, you're going to stan for the greatest Patriot of all time, I get it.

Alex Guerrero is literally a con artist. A documented con artist. If you're really going to push the idea that Kevin Durant having a Nike deal is the same thing as Brady enthusiastically endorsing the wares of a con artist, that's your prerogative, I suppose, but it sounds absurd.
Wow, you weren't kidding about this guy...
Screenshot_20200225-142525_Chrome.jpg

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I won't be buying but that's all great, he should be above the pseudo-science and supplement junk though.

I guess but he's a 42 year old pocket passer QB who, except for one season and a suspension, hasn't missed a game. So he pretty clearly believes in what Guerrero is teaching. Certainly most of it just ideas that have been out there forever, but his dedication to it is unusually high. I don't think Tom is doing it for the money because he doesn't really need money. Even his ex wife is loaded.

That said, the Patriots kicked him out of the facilities a couple of years ago. So if somebody else were to let him in?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I won't be buying but that's all great, he should be above the pseudo-science and supplement junk though.
Genuinely interested.

Forget Guerrero for a second (which is what I intended in the first place). If what Brady is doing works for him. If how he is living has allowed him to play an absurdly violent game at a high level, if how he is caring for himself has allowed him to be the key component on three Super Bowl winning teams in four trips over the six seasons beyond his contemporaries' collective primes, wouldn't there be an interest in how he does it? Shouldn't there be?

There was and he has. He wrote a book about it. He's been ridiculed for it if only because of Guerrero. He's been ridiculed to the point where whenever Guerrero is brought up in interviews or press conferences, they are virtually immediately cut short...and Brady gets ridiculed for that, as if he is depriving the press some sacred right to ridicule him to his face.

People can't seem to get passed Guerrero, as if HE is the barrier between their 50+ lb. overweight body and the principles of the Mediterranean diet or a walk around the block a time or two.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Why is it absurd to recognize hypocrisy? It never is.

I"m not even defending Brady, I don't really care what he does either way. I'm merely pointing out why this is largely irrelevant. Doesn't even register on the radar. If you actually care about the issues with brand integrity/practices, then there's quite simply a million more more important things to focus on. In context, using your word, it's absurd.

Last edited:

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I guess but he's a 42 year old pocket passer QB who, except for one season and a suspension, hasn't missed a game. So he pretty clearly believes in what Guerrero is teaching. Certainly most of it just ideas that have been out there forever, but his dedication to it is unusually high. I don't think Tom is doing it for the money because he doesn't really need money. Even his ex wife is loaded.

That said, the Patriots kicked him out of the facilities a couple of years ago. So if somebody else were to let him in?
TB12 rents space from The Kraft Group. Belichick limited Guerrero's access to Patriots players other than Brady if his advice conflicted with the team doctors, and tossed him from the team plane and sidelines. I believe most of those privileges have since been reinstated.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom