OT: - What happens to Brady next season? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: What happens to Brady next season?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Guerrero is a well-documented fraudster. I get that Brady thinks of him as his guru but - aside from reading coverages - Brady has never struck me as the brightest guy in the world. The guy thinks he can prevent concussions by drinking water.
My first sentence stated the post was not a defense of Guerrero, and yet...

My intent was to address the view of alternative health maintenance practices.

Reaction Score
My first sentence stated the post was not a defense of Guerrero, and yet...

My intent was to address the view of alternative health maintenance practices.
You’re saying “alternative health maintenance” when most of what we know about Brady’s regimen is nothing new or “alternative”. It’s hydration, sleep, and stretching.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Guerrero is a snake oil salesman, been popped for making unverified claims for his products, like one that he claimed helped the concussion recovery process I believe

there was another product where that happened too

This is 95% of the supplement industry tho. It's like their basic marketing principle, especially when things aren't vetted by the FDA

intlzncster

Reaction Score
You’re saying “alternative health maintenance” when most of what we know about Brady’s regimen is nothing new or “alternative”. It’s hydration, sleep, and stretching.

And restricted eating, fasting and crap like that. All of which tons of people make money selling

Husky25

Reaction Score
I never said new.

Reaction Score
And restricted eating, fasting and crap like that. All of which tons of people make money selling
I’ve been doing intermittent fasting for almost 10 years, it’s pretty mainstream now

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I’ve been doing intermittent fasting for almost 10 years, it’s pretty mainstream now

I know that. Yet people are still making money on selling people on technique etc etc. It's pretty common. A lot of dietitians do that.

It's not like the only people who make money are being truly revolutionary. Damn near everybody does it.

TB12 is lending his name to a 'system' which works for him, no matter how common it is. It's simple marketing

Husky25

Reaction Score
You did say alternative
Indeed. It is the term under which those practices might be classified, particularly by western practitioners.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Brady isn't gonna play for the Chargers. They suck and his only moto is to win.

The Pats have communicated through various channels they want him back. BB has said, over and over and over again, there's no QB he'd rather have. He doesn't just throw plaudits out there. It's not his way. Bill likes Brady because of his supernatural intelligence and ability to make split second, correct decisions.

You gotta consider the alternatives. There's nothing on the market that is appealing rn. 2 years of TB gives you time to plan accordingly.

IF they can make it work, great. I think they'll pull out all the stops to do so.

What remotely gives you this idea? It's a completely dominant offense. They had a completley crap offensive year last year and they were still top 10. Hell, it's not even Bill's offense to begin with. It's Charlie Weiss's.

If they surround Brady with any kind of offensive talent at the skill positions (they had one of the biggest dearths of that in the league last year), they'll be Top 5 competing for the top spot.

I think the most likely scenario is that he's back for two years at about $50m. I don't think either side knows what is out there for them on the market. If somebody is going to give Tom $65-70 or a third year, New England isn't going there. If Tedy Bridgewater is available for $15 a year for three years, I don't know how Bill passes on that. He wouldn't touch Winston or Rivers with a ten foot pole. Mariota is a backup at this point who would need to prove he can play.

On the second point, a few things. Failed receivers. Chad Johnson, Marvin Williams, Joey Galloway, Brandon Llloyd, and an endless string of failed free agent WR. Some hall of fame caliber players. Then we saw the Dolphins fire Chad O'Shea after one season. Why? The offense isn't conducive to reliance on young players or players new to the system. For all the talk about weapons, the first round picks have been RB, OT, WR. We've brought in several big name receivers, Gordon, AB, Thomas, Sanu. Brady had very few 1st round offensive players earlier in his career (that the Pats drafted).

So while the offense was top ten overall, look at who the points came against and when. They were ineffective against good defensive teams. The OL wasn't great. Michel had a bad year. Brady did not have a good year. Harry being injured hurt. So I think that defensive minded Bill, who constantly talks about the toughest QBs to defend, never mentions any pocket passers. It's always the guys who can make plays outside the pocket with their feet or arm. I think that's what he wants. How long will he be willing to wait?

Reaction Score
I know that. Yet people are still making money on selling people on technique etc etc. It's pretty common. A lot of dietitians do that.

It's not like the only people who make money are being truly revolutionary. Damn near everybody does it.

TB12 is lending his name to a 'system' which works for him, no matter how common it is. It's simple marketing
Trust me we are in the same page on all that lol can’t blame the guy I guess

Reaction Score

I think it's a bad look for Brady to hitch his wagon to an guy who's been sanctioned by the FTC multiple times and has been repeatedly sued for defrauding investors. Brady's given glowing testimonials about products that have then been immediately shut down by the FTC. It's sleazy.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
On the second point, a few things. Failed receivers. Chad Johnson, Marvin Williams, Joey Galloway, Brandon Llloyd, and an endless string of failed free agent WR. Some hall of fame caliber players. Then we saw the Dolphins fire Chad O'Shea after one season. Why? The offense isn't conducive to reliance on young players or players new to the system. For all the talk about weapons, the first round picks have been RB, OT, WR. We've brought in several big name receivers, Gordon, AB, Thomas, Sanu. Brady had very few 1st round offensive players earlier in his career (that the Pats drafted).

Bill simply doesn't value the receiver position as much as most. Rightly so. With a different QB, that throws his whole philosophy off. Money is better spent elsewhere in a vacuum. You generally don't win titles with a high end wide receiver getting paid brinks truck.

And I'm not saying he didn't do anything, but the moves he did make were risks and washed out.

One of the thinks about last year is that everything that could go wrong, did. Some of it was bad luck, some was Bill's fault.
  • We were one of the oldest teams in the league. And i think that showed in the offensive injuries.
  • Attempting to rely on Gordon and AB was a mistake. Trading Cromartie before he had a chance to let AB settle in (and wash out) was a mistake.
  • Relying on Edelman to remain healthy is a mistake. He was at 50% or less much of the year with three significant injuries. He is getting older and has a lot of miles on those treads. He's at Gronk level of physical toll taken on that decidedly smaller frame. That has to be accounted for.
  • Made the mistake of targeting Sanu instead of Emmanuel Sanders. Sanu is a guy who doesn't get great separation, and that was the receivers biggest problem last year
  • Lost his 1st round great sized WR for half the year. Hard to get a young kid integrated from the rehab table. Also, this is a kid who also doesn't get great separation, but relies on athleticism and strength to make plays
  • There was next to no OL depth, which killed them when:
  • His prize previous 1st rd LT got hurt preseason. Kid is really good, but they tried to replace him with a super market aisle 'talent', or lack there of.
  • His starting center got hurt and tried to replace him with a backup guard/tackle
  • Most criminal move by BB was damn near completely disregarding the TE position and with the problems at WR, that killed them. And the guys he did get were either injured or suspended for portions of the season. The number 1 TE was 100 yrs old. This killed them as the offense works best with a good tight end or two.
  • This was compounded by losing 2 fullbacks, one very good one. That blocking in both the run and the pass game was missed. FB is a critical cog in this offense
  • All these holes in the offensive line and FB and TE meant the running game sucked ass.
  • Tom was hurt himself much of the year and you could see it in his throwing.
  • And so on....
These other vet wide receivers you mentioned above he brought in are often older pros who are past their prime, and looking for a ring. Most of them don't want to grind and do the work required to get up to speed with this admittedly difficult offense. But you need to take care of the spots on top of these guys, not rely on them entirely. They are low risk high reward type signings.

I just see no evidence of Bill looking to change things up. He always talks up the opposition. And by BIll's own reckoning the toughest QB to defend in his mind was always Peyton Manning. Not mobile.

EDIT: nice thing about this draft is that it is ridiculously stacked with wide receivers and Pats have a good selection of picks. Bad thing is a ridiculously bad tight end draft

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It’s his business with his con man trainer. Health stuff of dubious legitimacy.
Looked into this, it takes about 2 minutes to see this is a grift. The guy is a sports legend and has all the money in the world, he should be above this junk. He's selling 1 lb. bags of protein powder for 50 bucks and foam rollers for 250 bucks. This grift is all over the internet but his prices are totally outrageous and I'm sure people are buying just because of his name.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I think it's a bad look for Brady to hitch his wagon to an guy who's been sanctioned by the FTC multiple times and has been repeatedly sued for defrauding investors. Brady's given glowing testimonials about products that have then been immediately shut down by the FTC. It's sleazy.

Bad look I guess, but what Guerrero is doing with Tom is working for him. So he believes in it. If he believes in it, you expect him not to get behind it?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Looked into this, it takes about 2 minutes to see this is a grift. The guy is a sports legend and has all the money in the world, he should be above this junk. He's selling 1 lb. bags of protein powder for 50 bucks and foam rollers for 250 bucks.

lmao this is the entire sports supplement, training gear business. if you think otherwise you ware fooling yourself.

This grift is all over the internet but his prices are totally outrageous and I'm sure people are buying just because of his name.

This is literally capitalism. It's about luxury goods. What you think Prada bags are that much better quality than some regular brand? They aren't.

Why do some players shoes cost more than others? Because of the name on it.

Reaction Score
lmao this is the entire sports supplement, training gear business. if you think otherwise you ware fooling yourself.

This is literally capitalism. It's about luxury goods. What you think Prada bags are that much better quality than some regular brand? They aren't.
That's exactly what I said, the whole industry is a grift and being a sports legend with all the money in the world he should be above this junk. His prices are totally outrageous even for an outrageously overpriced grifter industry.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
That's exactly what I said, the whole industry is a grift and being a sports legend with all the money in the world he should be above this junk. His prices are totally outrageous even for an outrageously overpriced grifter industry.

Yet every single successful/famous human on the planet charges more for their name. That's the entire point. Usually it's not worth what you are paying, but people want to be associated with that.

If you want to argue against people liking famous people and their stuff, fine. But that's got nothing to do with Tom specifically.

I personally think the people buying the stuff are more ridiculous than the people selling it. The people selling it are just maximizing their brand. As they should.

Reaction Score
Yet every single successful/famous human on the planet charges more for their name. That's the entire point. Usually it's not worth what you are paying, but people want to be associated with that.

If you want to argue against people liking famous people and their stuff, fine. But that's got nothing to do with Tom specifically

I don't care how much his foam rollers cost. I think it's a bad look to link yourself to a habitual con man. Simple as that.

I think a guy with the profile of Tom Brady should be above that, whether or not he's deluded himself into thinking this guy's snake oil works for him. But, again, I'm not sure he's the savviest guy in the world.

Reaction Score

If you want to argue against people liking famous people and their stuff, fine. But that's got nothing to do with Tom specifically
I figured TB12 would be like a Nike thing or like Jordan and Tiger apparrell, or a fashion joint effort with his wife. I didn't know all the top athletes have shady supplement companies now, if that's the case it's lame as hell. That entire industry is garbage, full of junk science and overpriced cr@p.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I figured TB12 would be like a Nike thing or like Jordan and Tiger apparrell, or a fashion joint effort with his wife. I didn't know all the top athletes have shady supplement companies now, if that's the case it's lame as hell. That entire industry is garbage, full of junk science and overpriced cr@p.

I mean, are we leaving aside all the sweat shops these guy's gear are made in? Nike is a pretty poor example of a scrupulous company. If you're wearing Nike gear, you are supporting that whether you like it or not.

There's negatives when you pull the cover back on any of this stuff.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

It is that too. He has that as well with the TB hats etc.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Bad look? Maybe. On the other hand, he could be freely elected to lead a prestigious global entity of some sort or another (Of what is for the reader to decide ;).).

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I don't care how much his foam rollers cost. I think it's a bad look to link yourself to a habitual con man. Simple as that.

I think a guy with the profile of Tom Brady should be above that, whether or not he's deluded himself into thinking this guy's snake oil works for him. But, again, I'm not sure he's the savviest guy in the world.

As I mentioned above, what's the difference between a guy having a line of Nike clothes or a hawking an iphone when all those products are made in sweat shops? Heck the people buying those products--ie you and me--are effectively supporting human rights violations. Those products and the associated issues are far more detrimental to society than some supplements which might not do anything.

I mean, I guess an athlete could only hawk sustainably made solar panels or something, but most other stuff has its negatives.

On the list of things to be outraged about pro athletes for, Brady's is like number 500,000 or something.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom