What Happened to Caroline ? | The Boneyard

What Happened to Caroline ?

Reaction Score
Caroline seemed to be in distress on the bench. Didn’t see her in the handshake line.

Reaction Score
Caroline was throwing up in a waste bucket shortly after coming to the bench. she looked a little off tonight, must not have felt good.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
OMG not another player out. I hope not. Does she have what Geno has????????? We need her Sunday against Tenn..

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Caroline was throwing up in a waste bucket shortly after coming to the bench. she looked a little off tonight, must not have felt good.
Oh, gods, it can also be a sign of a serious head injury. Let’s all hope for the best; she seemed to be in a lot of pain after she got hit. I was quite surprised there wasn’t a review of that play.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Oh, gods, it can also be a sign of a serious head injury. Let’s all hope for the best; she seemed to be in a lot of pain after she got hit. I was quite surprised there wasn’t a review of that play.
They never showed it on replay. Not sure if there was any intent?

Reaction Score
Fingers crossed she was already under the weather, and that it isn't a concussion. The last thing we need is another player out for a few games.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Fingers crossed she was already under the weather, and that it isn't a concussion. The last thing we need is another player out for a few games.

I think she was already under the weather. Even if they think their might be a concussion they don't bring over a bucket that fast.

Reaction Score
She got hit in the face. Looked like she may have had some concussion like symptoms. Hope she gets a clean bill of health
She got hit in the face, but I thought she was scraped across the eyes. Her eyes were her focus on the bench. I hope I am wrong. That is seriously dangerous.

Reaction Score
@]donalddoowop - Yes, I saw that as well. However, there was something off as early as the 1st quarter. Why would Caroline Doty take Caroline Ducharme out of the game and leave her on the bench for the rest of the quarter? That made no sense! Surely it couldn't have been because she missed a rare layup or committed a turnover?

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I thought the refs let Creighton get away with to much physical play considering the tic tac fouls that UConn was getting called on. Also on at least 3 traveling calls against UConn were caused by pushes from a Creighton player. The Big East lets too many teams get away with fouls when they are playing UConn. I also believe that there should have been a video review of the elbows to Caroline's head.

Reaction Score
@]donalddoowop - Yes, I saw that as well. However, there was something off as early as the 1st quarter. Why would Caroline Doty take Caroline Ducharme out of the game and leave her on the bench for the rest of the quarter? That made no sense! Surely it couldn't have been because she missed a rare layup or committed a turnover?
She was playing out of control. They have to treat them all the same… make mistakes and take a seat.

Reaction Score
@uconnfan68 - I take that comment back. I forgot that she came down the court and tried to take it to the hoop and was in fact somewhat out of control. Sorry!

Reaction Score
I thought the refs let Creighton get away with to much physical play considering the tic tac fouls that UConn was getting called on. Also on at least 3 traveling calls against UConn were caused by pushes from a Creighton player. The Big East lets too many teams get away with fouls when they are playing UConn. I also believe that there should have been a video review of the elbows to Caroline's head.
I am noticing that as well. I was suprised when Nika got hit in the face in the the quarter along the sidelines and another player from Creighton smile at her teamate who did it. The only way these teams can play us is out pyhsical because they can't match up talent wise. There is good coaching on the big east teams. They scout us and come in with a game plan. I t is good for us because we need to be able to regroup and learn to comeback no matter who is out with an injury.

Reaction Score
I guess you could call it good coaching if you know the officials are going to let you get away with physical tactics. I don’t know if it’s a intentional conspiracy with the referees but it doesn’t pass the eye test. I have officiated young women’s basketball games one in which my daughter played and found it my duty to be impartial. I was faced with a little bit of heat when I got home because I fouled her out of the game. Impartial blinders are what the referees should be wearing. It’s an ugly game when they are Allowed to Foul. If one of Connecticut’s players gets injured during one of these games the athletic Director and president of Connecticut should go bat crazy on the commissioner of the Big East. When the Premier team in your conference is experiencing A down year your league is experiencing that too. I’m glad it was late in the game and Connecticut was leading by a good bit when Nika was fouled because if it was closer I could envision Nika punching the Creighton player in the face. I think she showed Great restraint. Connecticut little terminator may be maturing. Love her fire.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
@uconnfan68 - I take that comment back. I forgot that she came down the court and tried to take it to the hoop and was in fact somewhat out of control. Sorry!
It was also precautionary and the game was well in hand at that point so she wasn’t needed.

Reaction Score
if that's all it takes to pull a starter imagine if Caitlin Clark played at UConn............she'd never got off the bench..........:rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom