What Happened to Caroline ? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What Happened to Caroline ?

sun

Reaction Score
Because Caroline giggled after sitting down on the bench, I figure that the vomiting was from being overheated.

"When an athlete completes a workout, they lose salts and water from their body. Salt and water are necessary to maintain an electrolyte balance in one's body. Without that balance you might experience nausea or vomiting."

Reaction Score
It was also precautionary and the game was well in hand at that point so she wasn’t needed.
Precautionary for what? This happened in the first quarter unless I have totally lost it. She missed a layup right out of the box, then had a turnover, then went somewhat out of control driving to the hoop. Caroline Doty pulled her for the rest of the quarter.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Precautionary for what? This happened in the first quarter unless I have totally lost it. She missed a layup right out of the box, then had a turnover, then went somewhat out of control driving to the hoop. Caroline Doty pulled her for the rest of the quarter.
I thought we were discussing Caroline’s being whacked in the face, which happened late in the 4th quarter. She came in after Christyn twisted her ankle

Reaction Score
if that's all it takes to pull a starter imagine if Caitlin Clark played at UConn............she'd never got off the bench..........:rolleyes:
I don't disagree with you, but the total accounting for Caroline's short playing time in the first quarter was as I indicated to HuskyNan above. I think either Caroline wasn't feeling well before the game or Caroline Doty was worried she was trying too hard to redeem herself from the out of control game she had against Providence.

Reaction Score
I thought we were discussing Caroline’s being whacked in the face, which happened late in the 4th quarter. She came in after Christyn twisted her ankle
No, we weren't (or at least my comments weren't).

Reaction Score
I don't disagree with you, but the total accounting for Caroline's short playing time in the first quarter was as I indicated to HuskyNan above. I think either Caroline wasn't feeling well before the game or Caroline Doty was worried she was trying too hard to redeem herself from the out of control game she had against Providence.
could be......too bad the reporters didn't ask.....or maybe they did?

Reaction Score
@Charlieball - If they did ask, I haven't seen anything about it. I wish they would ask hard hitting questions, but they don't seem to do that these days.

Reaction Score
I am noticing that as well. I was suprised when Nika got hit in the face in the the quarter along the sidelines and another player from Creighton smile at her teamate who did it. The only way these teams can play us is out pyhsical because they can't match up talent wise. There is good coaching on the big east teams. They scout us and come in with a game plan. I t is good for us because we need to be able to regroup and learn to comeback no matter who is out with an injury.
If you were to look back at some of the other games (Providence & Depaul ) come to mind you will see this is a pattern teams playing Uconn are getting away with being extremely physical with them hard fouls not being called yet Uconn has had quite a few questionable calls against them when they attempt to be physical. Some one is goin to get hurt if this is not corrected, but, I don't hold out much hope of that happening. It has always been the case if you want to beat Uconn you have to beat them. I am not saying Uconn is perfect or never fouls just saying the game needs to be officiated fairly so players don't get hurt!!! Hard not to travel when your being pushed!!!

sun

Reaction Score
If you were to look back at some of the other games (Providence & Depaul ) come to mind you will see this is a pattern teams playing Uconn are getting away with being extremely physical with them hard fouls not being called yet Uconn has had quite a few questionable calls against them when they attempt to be physical. Some one is goin to get hurt if this is not corrected, but, I don't hold out much hope of that happening. It has always been the case if you want to beat Uconn you have to beat them. I am not saying Uconn is perfect or never fouls just saying the game needs to be officiated fairly so players don't get hurt!!! Hard not to travel when your being pushed!!!
I'm surprised that Liv played 38 minutes.
I guess that Daley felt a need to win by a large margin.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
At 1:45 of the 4th quarter, a TO was called (late media TO?) and when they were showing the Huskies huddle, you can see Caroline bent over the seat with her head in the trash can, clearly vomiting. Amari was "helping" her. When the TO was over, she walked back to the locker room.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Well, in a game at Mohegan Sun I think, Lou was under the weather and visited the trash can during the game, returned to action. Had a solid game.
The game was at Maryland where Lou visited the trash can and then came back in. She ended up scoring 23 points while helping beat the Terps 87 - 81. Chong hit a crucial 3 pointer in the waning seconds of the game to secure the win. The game was played on 12/29/16 and you can watch it on the BY UConn Husky Games replays.

Reaction Score
Give CD Friday off (concussion protocol, stayed in a Holiday Inn express last night).
Start Azzi. Free her up to shoot. She gets 30. Team is humming minus PB vs. Tenn. Loosen up the reigns on our thoroughbred.

Reaction Score
I thought the refs let Creighton get away with to much physical play considering the tic tac fouls that UConn was getting called on. Also on at least 3 traveling calls against UConn were caused by pushes from a Creighton player. The Big East lets too many teams get away with fouls when they are playing UConn. I also believe that there should have been a video review of the elbows to Caroline's head.
I agree and it does no one any favors when the NCAA tourney comes and they call a tight game.

Reaction Score
I think Caroline was probably sick at the start of the game also. It would explain why she spent so much time on the bench compared to others. It also wasn't a great game for her overall either. I suspect when she got hit in the face it was probably the other players head doing the hitting. That can get pretty bad. Our middle son took a hit like that in soccer and he couldn't play for more than 10 minutes or so for the next year. When he went in he played great and then just started throwing up and was deathly sick. Wasn't as aware back then about concussion protocols but in hindsight it seems pretty clear. The outdoor season was over and it was unorganized indoor games and such. I loved watching that kid play and probably he felt pressure to play. He could have played division one but chose not to at harvard. Sometimes when he scored against a top team the other team's players would get him on the sidelines and just punch him out essentially. It was a punishing game and when you are being evaluated at the top level it got mean sometimes. I videotaped the games and could see players holding other players heads and just rabbit punching them several times. We had 3-4 games where teams were suspended from tournaments literally for punching other players. It took the fun right out of it.

Reaction Score
I just rewatched the game. Caroline looked fine until she had to go back in for Christy. She was motioning to CD before she came out to take her out and maybe the game plan was to give Azzi more playing time. I'd like to think that the Creighton player didn't intentionally swing at Caroline when the game was already pretty much decided. That would be pretty bush league.

I didn't notice what happened to Caroline as I watched the game the first time.

I'm kinda upset about it. I like Caroline a lot. Hope she's OK.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom