What does Pasqualoni see in Mac? | The Boneyard

What does Pasqualoni see in Mac?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't get it.

He is inaccurate. Shows no poise. And has zero escapability.

Plus, when two plaers are equal, you give the job to the younger player.

What is going on?

Reaction Score
McEntee is awful. I counted four third downs where it was 3rd down and X yards and he would throw the pattern X-3 yards. When Nebrich is in, he's shaky but he doesn't look BAD. McEntee just looks BAD. Ughh.

Reaction Score
I don't know.But i was really impressed with McCummings(sp) tonight,not saying hes the answer but he made things happen unlike Mac who throws it hot every single time..

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
he must be a great practice player

internet sensation he is

Reaction Score
I don't get it.

He is inaccurate. Shows no poise. And has zero escapability.

Plus, when two plaers are equal, you give the job to the younger player.

What is going on?

Agreed. His best play is getting the pass interference call. Nebrich moved in the pocket and seems like he throws a decent ball he just needs time. I'm convinced that Deleone is clueless

Reaction Score
Mac has some kind of dirt on Coach P. That's the only explanation because this kid SUCKS

F

fortebleedsblue

Look at HCPP's record over the last 3 years.... not impressed at all.... his love fest with coach Deleone's complicated offense doesnt impress me and nor 38K of that 40 k tonight.

Reaction Score
You are the one that's awful. MN had a limited amount of snaps in Q2 with McCumings having the balance.
He had one decent run and nothing else to show.....you can look for him all you want to be what you want him to be....but he's not. Watch the second quarter again.

Reaction Score
If two players are equal, you play the underclassmen. That would be Nebrich

Reaction Score
overall i thought McEntee looked better throwing the ball than Nebrich. our inept second quarter sapped our defense and gave ISU a lof of momentum going into the second half. there were definitely a few passes where McEntee's footwork was terrible and his passes were all over the place as a result, but i think he looked more poised overall. McCummings was unquestionably the most productive, but he generally came in when we had the defense on their heels so i don't think we can just take everything at face value. i'm starting to lean towards McEntee taking 70% of the snaps with McCummings coming in situationally. let Nebrich take his redshirt year next year if he doesn't leap ahead of him in the offseason.

overall i actually like what i've seen of Nebrich, but he looks like he could use some time to bulk up and learn the offense better before taking the reins. his instincts seem good and he's athletic and shifty, but he just looks a little lost right now. once the speed of the game slows down for him i think he'll be a great player, but he's not there yet.

Reaction Score
overall i thought McEntee looked better throwing the ball than Nebrich. our inept second quarter sapped our defense and gave ISU a lof of momentum going into the second half. there were definitely a few passes where McEntee's footwork was terrible and his passes were all over the place as a result, but i think he looked more poised overall. McCummings was unquestionably the most productive, but he generally came in when we had the defense on their heels so i don't think we can just take everything at face value. i'm starting to lean towards McEntee taking 70% of the snaps with McCummings coming in situationally. let Nebrich take his redshirt year next year if he doesn't leap ahead of him in the offseason.

overall i actually like what i've seen of Nebrich, but he looks like he could use some time to bulk up and learn the offense better before taking the reins. his instincts seem good and he's athletic and shifty, but he just looks a little lost right now. once the speed of the game slows down for him i think he'll be a great player, but he's not there yet.

Maybe if Nebrich played the whole first two games, it would be slowed by now.

Mac is just, well......

Reaction Score
Mac played really well from the midpoint of the third quarter on. Before that, I would have stuck with McCummings. Nebrich looks third best to me. I don't blame the kid, he's a true frosh. But he locks on his man and can't move around the pocket very well, so he tends to panic.

Something was really really wrong with McEntee's mechanics for him to be spraying the ball like that. Then you saw him get some rhythm and he looked pretty good.

Reaction Score
Mac played really well from the midpoint of the third quarter on. Before that, I would have stuck with McCummings. Nebrich looks third best to me. I don't blame the kid, he's a true frosh. But he locks on his man and can't move around the pocket very well, so he tends to panic.

Something was really really wrong with McEntee's mechanics for him to be spraying the ball like that. Then you saw him get some rhythm and he looked pretty good.
He looks good to me only when he throws straight downfield, but on wideouts and in the flat he sucks, in those situations his accuracy falls off a cliff.

Reaction Score

One of the things McEntee doesn't do well is hit a rb/wr moving away from him along the line of scrimmage. Not sure if it was just this game....but I think he under-threw/threw behind the receiver on 3 or 4 of these. I agree that his best throws are when he can step into the throw...he's just not as good in other situations and is completely immobile in the pocket.

McCummings probably gives us the best chance to win. The playbook seems to have some extra wrinkles with him on offense that we are going to need to utilize given our down field passing inconsistency.

Nebrich needs time. He may be the guy in a couple years....but he's just not ready yet. He doesn't seem to have a pocket presence yet and seems out of sorts when the pocket starts closing. He just doesn't seem up to speed yet (and he probably shouldn't given that he is a true freshman)

Reaction Score
Mac puts no points on the board. He panics, He doesn't stand in. He is inaccurate,

Nebrich doesn't force anything. If anything, he's more mature.

Reaction Score
Nebrich is a BCS quality QB with a bright future. McEntee is Ivy League material.

Reaction Score
NO QB is playing better than any of the others. it's that simple. they all suck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member