What does Pasqualoni see in Mac? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What does Pasqualoni see in Mac?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
For the last 2 plays of the game (UConn on O), the playcall produced a wide open receiver in 1st down territory and JMac missed badly both times. Easy, no risk throws with plenty of time and he didn't come close. He has to be dropped to 3rd string. After those two throws and last week's horror show my mind is made up.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Mac played really well from the midpoint of the third quarter on. Before that, I would have stuck with McCummings. Nebrich looks third best to me. I don't blame the kid, he's a true frosh. But he locks on his man and can't move around the pocket very well, so he tends to panic.

Something was really really wrong with McEntee's mechanics for him to be spraying the ball like that. Then you saw him get some rhythm and he looked pretty good.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Looked pretty good? The kid is a disaster. He has no presence, no mechanics, no ability to make plays, and he locks onto one receiver constantly. Every DB on the field knows exactly where and when the ball is going to receiver X. If he continues to get the number of snaps he's getting, we'll be lucky to eke out maybe 2 or 3 wins for the entire season.

At least McCummings made some plays while he was in there. He's no passer (missed the wide open one for a TD early in the game) but you've got to put the QB on the field who gives you the best chance to win. Pasqualoni was visibly upset with McEntee on numerous occasions throughout the game, yet he continued to trot him out there at crunch time.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
McEntee is ok when no one is around him and he has time to throw. He gets spookedwhen he hears footsteps. McCummings is the best athlete and has a strong arm -but doesn"t read defenses well. Nebrich isn't ready yet. Decision time is coming up- play either McCummings or Nebrich and let them learn and hope you can win or keep going down with the Mac attack and hope he gives you the best chance of winning now. I would go wqith McCummings and dummy down the offense.

Reaction Score
Looked pretty good? The kid is a disaster. He has no presence, no mechanics, no ability to make plays, and he locks onto one receiver constantly. Every DB on the field knows exactly where and when the ball is going to receiver X. If he continues to get the number of snaps he's getting, we'll be lucky to eke out maybe 2 or 3 wins for the entire season.

At least McCummings made some plays while he was in there. He's no passer (missed the wide open one for a TD early in the game) but you've got to put the QB on the field who gives you the best chance to win. Pasqualoni was visibly upset with McEntee on numerous occasions throughout the game, yet he continued to trot him out there at crunch time.

Sigh. I hate when people deliberately misread my post. I wrote that he was spraying the ball around with bad mechanics until the last quarter when he looked pretty good.

Why in the world would you deliberately distort that?

Reaction Score
McEntee is ok when no one is around him and he has time to throw. He gets spookedwhen he hears footsteps. McCummings is the best athlete and has a strong arm -but doesn"t read defenses well. Nebrich isn't ready yet. Decision time is coming up- play either McCummings or Nebrich and let them learn and hope you can win or keep going down with the Mac attack and hope he gives you the best chance of winning now. I would go wqith McCummings and dummy down the offense.

I don't know I saw some progress. Not a lot, but some anyway. I saw him not get as panicky and have a little more time and made some progress with accuracy. Don't flame, I said some.

Reaction Score
I don't know I saw some progress. Not a lot, but some anyway. I saw him not get as panicky and have a little more time and made some progress with accuracy. Don't flame, I said some.

Come on, he stinks, what game were you watching, you're blind, he was bad, he's the worst, you're making him out to be Marino!!!
(sarcasm)

Reaction Score
Nebrich had no poise. 1-3 in passing, 2 sacks. One was his own fault. He left the pocket it when all he had to do was step forward. He ran into a sack. That was his last play. He is just not ready and the coaches know it. Accuracy is a real problem with all 3 QB's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom