What do you do for the mojo? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What do you do for the mojo?

Reaction Score
This is always a transitional time of year for me. I always make a cocktail for the beginning of a game but I switch from Manhattans to Gimlets when warmer weather approaches. Hard to tell about the weather late March early April so, it will be a game time decision for me.

Reaction Score
Everyone's game time cocktail references makes me realize I need to go to the liquor store before Saturday. I drink non-alcoholic beer during the week and that won't do for March Madness.

Reaction Score
During tough games, my boyfriend has to leave the room if we’re down by more than 10 points, and he only has me call him back if we’re up by 15 (or 10 if it’s the 4th quarter).
I try not to yell too loud so he doesn’t hear me in the other room lol

Reaction Score
I remain standing during the game until UConn has a 20+ point lead. If that happens, then if UConn is the home team, I sit on the north wall couch. If UConn is the visitor, I sit on the south wall couch... Otherwise, I remain standing...

Reaction Score
Stay silent at work about the game. Sure to have food and beverages in the larder. Usually forget to wear swag as game begins and will not don anything until we’re either in full control or in danger of losing.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The day before the game, prepare preferred libation, tamarind juice.

Here's a recipe:
Hunt around the old armoire in the attic for special game day attire, to include, at a minimum—

Cummerbund, in national flag blue or paisley
Spatterdashes or gaiters, depending on weather forecast
Trilby or Stetson, if opponent is a Land Grant school or one with mythical or diabolical affiliation
Clean U-trou
Trim beard; apply the slightest touch of wax to moustache tips
Polish footwear unless there's a heatwave (anything above 45° F here in Maine), in which case be sure to trim toenails.

It is of utmost importance to arrange for clean litter in the iguana's box. Old Matilda can get a bit testy if one forgets to do this.

She's about 29” long, and detests cold weather.

View attachment 74483
Above all else, be sure to trim the toenails. ;)

freekimchee

food whisperer
Reaction Score
I usually head out to my local H-Mart before the tourney to get some supplies so when UConn plays:

1. I only eat Jajangmyeon (Noodles in Black Bean Sauce) before the game
2. I only drink Jinro's Chamisul soju during the game

and I always wear my 2002 Championship hat!

Reaction Score
Everything I wear, and I mean everything, has either blue, white or red on it. I sit in the exact same chair in the exact same room. I put the heat on the exact same temperature, and I record every game. I will text but not talk on the phone and not e-mail either.

Reaction Score
1. Tell wife I have a game (ex. 1 - 3pm Saturday)
2. Remind wife the day of game that I have a game
3. Sit in big blue easy chair in my man cave
4. Watch on SmartTV (moderate volume)
5. Do not get up for snack, drink or bathroom break unless it is halftime
6. If we are losing or not playing well in the first half I change the location of the remote (ex. from left arm rest to right arm rest)
7. Only yell at really dumb turnovers, bad calls or stupid timeouts by the opposing coach
8. Avoid BY chat discussion during game
9. Report result of game only if asked
I do find the switcheroo on the remote is effective about 75% of the time
Changing viewing location within a room, or even changing rooms to another TV has benefits
During very close moments at end of game, standing in front of TV is required
When playing very poorly, switch stations and intermittingly switching back has advantages.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
When I have time I cook something from the opposition's local cuisine. Not sure I'll be able/motivated to do something for the first two rounds.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I usually head out to my local H-Mart before the tourney to get some supplies so when UConn plays:

1. I only eat Jajangmyeon (Noodles in Black Bean Sauce) before the game
2. I only drink Jinro's Chamisul soju during the game

and I always wear my 2002 Championship hat!
Impressed if you do the second for a noon game. :)

Reaction Score
9B702240-6937-4EA3-AF24-13B027C1F103.jpeg

Grogu and PeeWee must watch the game with me! They are big fans, too.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I do random things, randomly ;)
Good because doing random things sequentially would be problematic

Reaction Score
I’m not a UCONN graduate (Fordham all the way). But I’m a huge long-time fan of the UCONN women. I have no Husky apparel, so I may wear my USC football jersey, in memory of their national championships, hoping the luck will rub off.

I attended a program at USC School of Business. That’s the real USC, in Los Angeles, not the ersatz one in Lower Carolina.

Reaction Score
I wear one of my many Huskie tee shirts (see my avatar for one of them). For postseason evening games the wife and I have martinis (see avatar again). Always stand in front of tv when game is close and/or near the end. Lots of yelling at bad calls, bad turnovers (traveling calls drive me nuts!), etc. A very loud YES when someone hits a three.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
The day before the game, prepare preferred libation, tamarind juice.

Here's a recipe:
Hunt around the old armoire in the attic for special game day attire, to include, at a minimum—

Cummerbund, in national flag blue or paisley
Spatterdashes or gaiters, depending on weather forecast
Trilby or Stetson, if opponent is a Land Grant school or one with mythical or diabolical affiliation
Clean U-trou
Trim beard; apply the slightest touch of wax to moustache tips
Polish footwear unless there's a heatwave (anything above 45° F here in Maine), in which case be sure to trim toenails.

It is of utmost importance to arrange for clean litter in the iguana's box. Old Matilda can get a bit testy if one forgets to do this.

She's about 29” long, and detests cold weather.

View attachment 74483
Tamarind juice would never have occurred to me. I usually just use the fruit in sauces. Mostly dipping sauce for samosas.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom