What do you do for the mojo? | The Boneyard

What do you do for the mojo?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
What’s your good luck routine or habit for games? Does it change in the post-season?

Inquiring minds want to know….

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Well most people are aware of my additions to the Score Prediction threads. :cool:

Also, for games that will probably be close, I usually record the game and watch it later (luckily SNY doesn't have many of those, cause I can't record them). Seems to help. :rolleyes:

I also do not wear UCONN apparel on game day.

Reaction Score
Well most people are aware of my additions to the Score Prediction threads. :cool:

Also, for games that will probably be close, I usually record the game and watch it later (luckily SNY doesn't have many of those, cause I can't record them). Seems to help. :rolleyes:

I also do not wear UCONN apparel on game day.
My routine is the same for all games - list all the players on a pad, have four columns and keep track of points per player by quarter plus keep track of fouls as best I can. I also record games to avoid commercials and halftime blather. But, if it is a game that I think is losable I try to watch in real time as the commercials allow enforced decompression time.

Reaction Score
Great thread...fun sharing.

On game days, I wear my UCONN t shirt...white one for home games, blue for road games. I also enjoy some Mike's Hard Lemonade, Mango flavor. When games are romps, I can get by with 1 or 2...but the tight games deplete the stock more... but I always try to stay sober. ;) :D

Reaction Score
I always make sure it's that I'm drinking my beer from my UConn pint glass. Lately, that beer has been Two Conn, brewed by Two Roads Brewing Co. in association with UConn Athletics. And if they win, a victory shot in a UConn shot glass.

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
The day before the game, prepare preferred libation, tamarind juice.

Here's a recipe:
Hunt around the old armoire in the attic for special game day attire, to include, at a minimum—

Cummerbund, in national flag blue or paisley
Spatterdashes or gaiters, depending on weather forecast
Trilby or Stetson, if opponent is a Land Grant school or one with mythical or diabolical affiliation
Clean U-trou
Trim beard; apply the slightest touch of wax to moustache tips
Polish footwear unless there's a heatwave (anything above 45° F here in Maine), in which case be sure to trim toenails.

It is of utmost importance to arrange for clean litter in the iguana's box. Old Matilda can get a bit testy if one forgets to do this.

She's about 29” long, and detests cold weather.

DE929086-D238-4C61-9EAB-E5C7F2361685.png

Reaction Score
I have multiple rituals: but with the current NC in sight my new
one will be my wearing my " Everybody Eats" t shirt, and if not
that one I will wear an "Unfinished Business " t shirt . Lest
we forget .... we should all be eating a Peanut Butter and
Jelly Sandwich!! Spread some DORKA Love, Nika grit....
Go Huskies!!

Brewski

To infinity and beyond!
Reaction Score
The day before the game, prepare preferred libation, tamarind juice.

Here's a recipe:
Hunt around the old armoire in the attic for special game day attire, to include, at a minimum—

Cummerbund, in national flag blue or paisley
Spatterdashes or gaiters, depending on weather forecast
Trilby or Stetson, if opponent is a Land Grant school or one with mythical or diabolical affiliation
Clean U-trou
Trim beard; apply the slightest touch of wax to moustache tips
Polish footwear unless there's a heatwave (anything above 45° F here in Maine), in which case be sure to trim toenails.

It is of utmost importance to arrange for clean litter in the iguana's box. Old Matilda can get a bit testy if one forgets to do this.

She's about 29” long, and detests cold weather.

View attachment 74483
Your classic Green Iguana, correct? With Matilda on our side, we have nothing to worry about. Keep the greens, flowers, vegetables, and fruits coming so her luck stays powerful :)

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
pizza. and iffn im at the game, i buy ...... pizza.
caught on the road somewhere, and i won't make it home or pals house to watch it?
you guessed it, a pizza place/bar/restaurant with the game on.
the flowgo of mojo starts with pizzo. u spell it how u want to, and i'll spell it how i want to.
chicken wings? as if. that stuff is messy, and makes u feel like u need a shower after coming even near them. i'd rather change the hydro fluid on the deere 410. at least that stuff washes off easily.

Reaction Score
I prep my wife the day before a game and then again in the morning of so she can decide if she’s going to watch seriously and if not be gone no interruptions no talking except me yelling at the TV and the referees. Also the occasional explanation because I want her to experience my agita.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
These are more full season things, but I don’t buy new apparel during the season, and when they lose, whatever UConn paraphernalia I’m wearing that night is banished from game days for the rest of the season.

Does it matter? Nope. Does it make me feel better. 100%.

Reaction Score
Many times through the years, if the team isn't doing well, or if I'm nervous about their chances, I'll either get up from watching and do something else (houseclean, for instance), or shut the game off altogether. If it helps the mojo, I'll make the sacrifice to not watch! Plus, at this point in the year, I hate to watch them lose anyway, IF they lose.

MdStang

Greetings From Geezerville
Reaction Score
1. Tell wife I have a game (ex. 1 - 3pm Saturday)
2. Remind wife the day of game that I have a game
3. Sit in big blue easy chair in my man cave
4. Watch on SmartTV (moderate volume)
5. Do not get up for snack, drink or bathroom break unless it is halftime
6. If we are losing or not playing well in the first half I change the location of the remote (ex. from left arm rest to right arm rest)
7. Only yell at really dumb turnovers, bad calls or stupid timeouts by the opposing coach
8. Avoid BY chat discussion during game
9. Report result of game only if asked

Reaction Score
Always wear my lucky T-Shirt (although this year thinking of changing to my new Everyone Eats T-shirt). Usually also turn on the chat and join it if everything going well and it is relative positive or ignore it if it gets too anti-UConn. Popcorn is a must.

Reaction Score
What’s your good luck routine or habit for games? Does it change in the post-season?

Inquiring minds want to know….
I don't trash talk on social media or engage it in offline either. If (IF) a championship is won by the team I favor, then lookout. But until then I keep the mouth zipped.

Also - WE ARE DOOMED I TELL YOU. DOOMED!!!

Reaction Score
Give wife and kids as much advanced notice as possible regarding game time. Tell kids not to call, unless imminent death. Tell wife to leave the room, maybe even the house. Advise neighbors they may hear some screaming and for those two hours discount anything they hear. Upstairs TV, recording on downstairs DVR. Dress is optional. Only when the victory is secured does it warrant Woodford Reserve on the rocks. Earlier that victory is secured the better.

Reaction Score
Give wife and kids as much advanced notice as possible regarding game time. Tell kids not to call, unless imminent death. Tell wife to leave the room, maybe even the house. Advise neighbors they may hear some screaming and for those two hours discount anything they hear. Upstairs TV, recording on downstairs DVR. Dress is optional. Only when the victory is secured does it warrant Woodford Reserve on the rocks. Earlier that victory is secured the better.
I also have strict instructions about phone calls. No one is allowed to come over (I live alone), and I will cancel any previously made plans if the team advances. All my friends know what to expect in March.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom