1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I'm a baseball guy.
really 2.jpg

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
You are right you don't.
Hint: This is about UCONN Women's basketball.
"Baseball guys" might want to sit this out-Just sayin!

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
You are right you don't.
Hint: This is about UConn Women's basketball.
"Baseball guys" might want to sit this out-Just sayin!

She was talking about not understanding statistics. I write about high level baseball stats.

So when you say something false like that...whatever.

You guys can say what you want, my take on the game was similar to the thread in the MBB forum about the game.

According to this thread everyone played perfect, made zero mistakes and it was simple hocus pocus that they lost.

the Q

Reaction Score
No worries there, we will. :D

I will to. But I'll not violate board rules. Even if you do it in a passive aggressive way.

GoDawgs4

MSU and All That Too
Reaction Score
State alum and fan here.
It has been interesting reading this thread to get the other sides take on it. Lot of great information and with a couple of cynical exceptions, some good opinions shared .

A couple of things that were not mentioned. First, this game was personal to the State players. I think we had only one Senior in 2016 on the team that lost by 60 points They were humiliated by that game. I don't think it was revenge as much as redemption in the game this year.
Second, coming into the game, I felt we had the depth (we went 11 players deep) to play with UCONN this year.

Now having said that, no question we were still a heavy underdog in that game. But I think we were the team that was built to beat UCONN in that very game and with that it still took overtime to do it. So very proud and happy for our State ladies.

Lastly, hats off to UCONN. What an incredible run. Will never be duplicated. Too many other good programs now. UCONN is not going anywhere but doubtful they will make it through a season without losing a game some where along the way. 111 in a row, though, Just awesome.

Reaction Score
State alum and fan here.
It has been interesting reading this thread to get the other sides take on it. Lot of great information and with a couple of cynical exceptions, some good opinions shared .

A couple of things that were not mentioned. First, this game was personal to the State players. I think we had only one Senior in 2016 on the team that lost by 60 points They were humiliated by that game. I don't think it was revenge as much as redemption in the game this year.
Second, coming into the game, I felt we had the depth (we went 11 players deep) to play with UConn this year.

Now having said that, no question we were still a heavy underdog in that game. But I think we were the team that was built to beat UConn in that very game and with that it still took overtime to do it. So very proud and happy for our State ladies.

Lastly, hats off to UConn. What an incredible run. Will never be duplicated. Too many other good programs now. UConn is not going anywhere but doubtful they will make it through a season without losing a game some where along the way. 111 in a row, though, Just awesome.
Congrats to the Dawgs on a great and well-deserved win!

Regarding your doubt that we "...will make it through a season without losing a game somewhere along the way"... Yeah, that is unlikely. But we have done it before. Six (6) times. At this point is is expected. Your team's great win is going to cause our returning starters to begin next season REALLY pissed off. 3 of our 4 returning starters were All-Americans this year. For 2 of them it was the only NCAA game they had ever lost. The other 2 returning starters had lost one other game in their careers, but not as starters. They will be hell-bent to NEVER let this happen again. No roast has ever seen piranhas as vicious as UConn will be next season. All the teams who have the misfortune to play us have Mississippi State to thank for that :p

Last edited:

the Q

Reaction Score
State alum and fan here.

Second, coming into the game, I felt we had the depth (we went 11 players deep) to play with UConn this year.

Now having said that, no question we were still a heavy underdog in that game. But I think we were the team that was built to beat UConn in that very game and with that it still took overtime to do it. So very proud and happy for our State ladies.

Lastly, hats off to UConn. What an incredible run. Will never be duplicated. Too many other good programs now. UConn is not going anywhere but doubtful they will make it through a season without losing a game some where along the way. 111 in a row, though, Just awesome.

Your girls played tougher and harder than UConn. No doubt about it.

Schafer is a heck of a coach.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom