OT: - What changes are you and family making to your lifestyle due to coranavirus? | Page 35 | The Boneyard

OT: What changes are you and family making to your lifestyle due to coranavirus?

Reaction Score
Had a contractor come back to quote work. I shook his hand then realized what I did. I immediately went to the sink to wash my hands, practically freaking out.

This virus has removed the all the cool from me.

Reaction Score
Connecticut: The criteria for screening for COVID-19 was also changed after a number of patients experienced abdominal pain and diarrhea.

Reaction Score
Connecticut: The criteria for screening for COVID-19 was also changed after a number of patients experienced abdominal pain and diarrhea.

Makes sense. The same receptors the virus uses to enter lung cells also exist on intestinal cells.

Reaction Score
CDC said the virus lasted 17 days on surfaces on the cruise ship. That's a game changer!

CDC says coronavirus survived in Princess Cruise ship cabins for up to 17 days after passengers left

As far as I can tell from that report, they found RNA on surfaces for up to that long.

Finding RNA doesn’t necessarily = viable virus that can infect someone.

I’ll take a closer look but a quick read didn’t indicate that they were able to find viable infectious virus that long.

Reaction Score
So, I have the Corona if I have a dry cough, but I may have the Corona if I have a wet cough, but I may also have the Corona if I have no symptoms.

If I get the Corona, I may just be sick for week, but I may also end up suffocating due to fluid in my lungs and even if I don't suffocate, it may make me blind, deaf and unable to taste.

Perfect.

Yep, the “common symptoms” checklist is turning out to be very non-specific. 80-90% of people with a clinical syndrome “consistent with COVID are testing negative so far in CT data set.

Annoying virus.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Red eyes may be a tell-tale sign of coronavirus: Nurse who treated patients in Seattle nursing home says they ALL shared the facial 'symptom'

She said redness around the eyes was the most important sign that someone was infected with the virus
Earnest said that if she told one physician that somebody had red eyes, a hospital bed would be made ready for them
'They have, like...allergy eyes. The white part of the eye is not red. It's more like they have red eye shadow on the outside of their eyes.'
But the American Academy of Ophthalmology sent an alert on Sunday about reports that the virus can cause conjunctivitis, which is inflammation of the membrane that lines the eyelid.

Earnest said patients at Life Care Center often would go from having no other symptoms but red eyes to dying.
'We've had patients that just had the red eyes as the only symptom that we saw and go to the hospital and pass away,' she told CNN.

Reaction Score
My son-in-law is developing some symptoms now. They are just north of Boston.

Reaction Score
So I have the Corona if I have a dry cough but I may have the Corona if I have a wet cough but I may also have the Corona if I have no symptoms.

If I get the Corona, I may just be sick for week, but I may also end up suffocating due to fluid in my lungs and even if I don't suffocate, it may make blind, deaf and unable to taste.

Perfect.

Yep, the “common symptoms” checklist is turning out to be very non-specific. 80-90% of people with a clinical syndrome “consistent with COVID are testing negative so far in CT data set.

Annoying virus.

Yep, it's pretty much like any other virus known to human medical science in that way.

Reaction Score
My son-in-law is developing some symptoms now. They are just north of Boston.

Sad to hear this, hopefully it will pass.

My daughter is in Somerville, she lives alone. My 88 yr old father is in Amherst.

I'm in CT and as a father/son I do worry. It suxs I can't do a wellness check or even a drive by, not because of logistics but for everyone's safety.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This is the perfect time for degenerates to dip your toe into horse racing. It's the only game in town right now. And most of you guys are smarter than me, look what $5 gets you:
1585143179120.png

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Multiple experts saying a peak will likely come in 2-3 weeks. Although that is sooner than originally expected it is not necessarily a good thing. It’d be closer to that big scary hospital crippling curve than the flat curve. Restrictions could be lifted but there will probably be ebbs and flows until there is a vaccine. Life won’t be exactly the same but we’ll get there

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom