OT: What changes are you and family making to your lifestyle due to coranavirus?

Thanks for the well wishes.

Looks like we’ve may have a case in the family in nyc. 18yo nephew - fever, no taste or smell and can’t get a test. His fever has abated, but the no taste and smell is new.

If he has it, then mom and sis have a good chance of getting it. Its three people in a two bedroom place. His sister has a friend who has it, with a mother in the hospital in a ventilator.

No bueno.
This Coronavirus victim lost her sense of taste and smell.

Coronavirus made me DEAF: American woman, 20, who contracted Covid-19 in Italy says the virus made her lose her hearing as well as her sense of taste and smell

Seems pretty strange that 2 former NYC superstar high school basketball players would both die at 49 from the virus.

CL82

The best thing about puppies is they become dogs!
This Coronavirus victim lost her sense of taste and smell.

Coronavirus made me DEAF: American woman, 20, who contracted Covid-19 in Italy says the virus made her lose her hearing as well as her sense of taste and smell
So, I have the Corona if I have a dry cough, but I may have the Corona if I have a wet cough, but I may also have the Corona if I have no symptoms.

If I get the Corona, I may just be sick for week, but I may also end up suffocating due to fluid in my lungs and even if I don't suffocate, it may make me blind, deaf and unable to taste.

Perfect.

Last edited:
So I have the Corona if I have a dry cough but I may have the Corona if I have a wet cough but I may also have the Corona if I have no symptoms.

If I get the Corona, I may just be sick for week, but I may also end up suffocating due to fluid in my lungs and even if I don't suffocate, it may make blind, deaf and unable to taste.

Perfect.
Not to mention we're at the beginning of prime allergy season in many parts of the country.

fleudslipcon

We are UConn!! 4>>>1
Big week to keep an eye on Italy. Week two post lockdown. Interesting to see how their curve looks come Friday
Incidence curve should flatten. They stopped testing the general population. Only testing hospital admissions.

More telling is Italy instituted a halt to inter community travel.

Had a contractor come back to quote work. I shook his hand then realized what I did. I immediately went to the sink to wash my hands, practically freaking out.

This virus has removed the all the cool from me.

Connecticut: The criteria for screening for COVID-19 was also changed after a number of patients experienced abdominal pain and diarrhea.

Connecticut: The criteria for screening for COVID-19 was also changed after a number of patients experienced abdominal pain and diarrhea.
Makes sense. The same receptors the virus uses to enter lung cells also exist on intestinal cells.