What BET seeding scenario do you prefer? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What BET seeding scenario do you prefer?

Would you rather UConn get the 3-seed or the 4-seed in the Big East Tournament?

• 3-seed

Votes: 50 50.0%
  • 4-seed

Votes: 50 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Playing at 2:30 on Thursday sucks really bad, but that is literally the only aspect of the 4-seed scenario I find undesirable compared to the alternative.

Tangent: My dream scenario, which is impossible now, would have been to beat Creighton on Thursday (monkey off our back), PC on Friday (beat the 1-seed and prove our condescension all season was warranted), and Nova in the championship (dethrone the king).
If we had beaten Creighton we would be the 3 seed and the 3 seed doesn't play the top seed until the final so we would not have been playing PC on Friday.

Reaction Score
4-- Probably gives us PC/Nova and a strong seed in Tournament because we'll win both matchups

Reaction Score
It's pretty simple.

Forget about 2-0 or 1-1 or that you just barely won the rematch or embarrassed yourself with a 5th straight loss to a team.

Play whoever you match up with and win.

The key seems to be motivation. For some reason the team has come out with a passive mindset too many times.

It's hard to reconcile how hard they played against the alter boys from Philthydelfia with how they played the first half against Crayon State.

Let's hope DH figures it out. There has to be something amiss in the pre-game speech or game planning when you have so many slow starts. Or is it simply a lack of leadership?

The best seed to me is #4 or #5 because each is playing its first game of the tournament after a five day layoff and is not playing a team that just won its first game.

Reaction Score
Tell Them You Dont Know GIF by Film Riot
Damn. Well can you do me a favor and save my response for the tourney poll?

Reaction Score
Don't belittle me. I know the info. 70% of the time the 2-0 team wins again. However, I am sure most of those games are when good teams face bad teams, hence my Gtown example.

Marquette is a good team. Would you be surprised if we lost to them? If you say no, you're ignorant. I'd rather face a team like Seton Hall which doesn't have the extra motivation having lost to us twice already.

It's unreal how toxic this place can be for expressing an opinion.
I didn't mean to condescend. I guess my writing style just comes across as arrogant sometimes. (And, to be fair, sometimes I am knowingly being a jerk. This wasn't one of those times, though.)

I would not be surprised if Marquette were to beat us, but I would rather play them than, say, Creighton in our first BET game.

Reaction Score
In the BE case, if we and Creighton are 4 and 3 respectively, I'm upset. I want to play them again. We'd only see them in the final, which would be ideal but not probable. I want to face them not because of the 0-5 and the recent loss, though that didn't help - I feel they are the type of team that gives us trouble. Not super talented but super well coached.

Reaction Score
If we had beaten Creighton we would be the 3 seed and the 3 seed doesn't play the top seed until the final so we would not have been playing PC on Friday.
Well, I did say that my dream scenario is impossible now. It could have happened if, for example, PC finished first, Nova second (or third for that matter), UConn fourth and Creighton fifth.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
4 seed in the Providence-Marquette side avoiding Creighton and Nova.

Reaction Score
Will be in Pinehurst for a golf trip so for the selfish reason of being able to watch Thursday on a tv and not a phone I hope its the 3 seed.

Reaction Score
No, but is Seton Hall not also a good team, one that was good enough to already beat us when we played a really good offensive game (albeit at their place)?

Seton Hall is ranked better in every metric than Marquette (NET, KenPom, SOR, KPI, Sagarin, and BPI) despite finishing lower in the Big East standings. They've won 7 of their last 9 games, compared to Marquette which has won only 4 of their last 9.

Not to mention the matchup advantage we have vs. Marquette compared to Seton Hall. We have no good defensive options for Richmond (our best plan was to double and leave a shooter wide open) and Seton Hall has the size to combat us inside. Meanwhile we've owned Kuath and Ighodaro, and have plenty of options to throw at Lewis (or just let him get his, whereas Hall still has other threats aside from Richmond like Rhoden).

On a neutral court, I don't think the emotional grudge will make up the difference in their form, quality, or the matchup deficiency.
This a million times.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
At this point once you get off the bus at MSG you have to beat whomever sits on the other bench. No team except perhaps Gtown is what anyone could consider an underdog. This league is full of teams that are fairly evenly matched. The trophy is up for grabs with a lot of hands that could wrap around the handles. Have to come out of the blocks hungry and strong

Reaction Score
looks like the 4 seeders have it. rooting for Hall and MU this weekend.

Reaction Score
I mean better path for us wud be 4 seed but then we play at stupid time of 2:30 on a weekday. Really don’t want to have to try and sneak out of work early or record game and be an hour or so behind. Selfishly, I wud love all the late prime time tips and 3 seed but that’s just me

Reaction Score
I prefered the 4 to be on the PC side of the bracket, but that required us losing to Creighton the other night which I did not want to happen. Since we did lose to Creighton, It seems like we will in fact end up as the 4 anyway, unless Seton Hall beats Creighton. I know every team is dangerous, but you want to avoid Villanova as long as possible. If it ends up where we are playing Villanova for the Championship, chances are we would have picked up two Quad 1 wins to make it there. At that point, we would be playing with house money. I know the goal is to win the Big East Championship right now, but picking up two additional Quad 1 wins would still go a long way in helping our seeding for the NCAA Tournament.

Reaction Score
We can still get Marquette if they lose at home St. John's and we beat Depaul. Best of both worlds at the 3 seed (with the only downgrade being Nova instead of Providence in the potential 2nd game).

Reaction Score
if uconn gets to the finals, I’ll be in town. I’m supposed to go up to new haven to see family but gonna have to detour off the gw bridge

Reaction Score
Does Marquette need to win this? They getting in? Would be 11-8 in BE going in

Reaction Score
Does Marquette need to win this? They getting in? Would be 11-8 in BE going in
With 6-7 quad 1, they're likely in. But their seed might not be great with a loss and early BET exit.

Reaction Score
That confirms the 3 seed correct? I don’t think it’s right to favor a seed in the BET, especially if it’s to avoid Nova until later. We need to act like we own this league at all times. Let’s play through everyone and anyone.

Reaction Score
That confirms the 3 seed correct? I don’t think it’s right to favor a seed in the BET, especially if it’s to avoid Nova until later. We need to act like we own this league at all times. Let’s play through everyone and anyone.
Yup locked in as the 3 seed now. Marquette wins tonight and we play the Seton Hall/Georgetown winner. If St John's wins, we play the Marquette/Georgetown winner

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom