What are you most excited to see during tomorrow’s game? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What are you most excited to see during tomorrow’s game?

Reaction Score
Donyell Marshall coaching. Love to see JC tree branches growing.

1606309776160.png

Reaction Score
I am looking forward to all the people who guessed the correct starting lineup acting like they are smarter than everyone else.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
We've got a lot of new pieces, and a lot of talent. I'm most interested to see how it all gels. I suspect it's going to be a little ugly the first few games because of the lack of practice.

Reaction Score
I want them to dismantle CCSU. Absolutely outclass them and run them off the floor and right back onto the bus. Something like 87-44.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I want them to dismantle CCSU. Absolutely outclass them and run them off the floor and right back onto the bus. Something like 87-44.
Isn't that your alma mater?

Reaction Score
I want to see a different lineup every few minutes and 10+ minutes from everyone. Not worried about winning, so use tonight and Friday to find all the combinations that work

Reaction Score
1) Who is in the starting lineup and how the rotations play out. I've been debating it in my head all summer/fall and still don't have a clear favorite going into tonight.
2) Watching RJ Cole take the floor for the first time. We've seen clips of him at Howard, but I really want to see how he flows during a full game. I'm in the "he's going to be better than people think" camp, hopefully over the course of the season he proves me right.
3) Not only how James Bouknight responds to being The Guy, but how the entire offense adjusts to that. Hoping to see some smart decisions if Bouk is getting doubled all game.
4) How impactful Jackson and Sanogo are. I don't expect Sanogo to get too many minutes intially, but I would bet that Sanogo looks so good when he's on the court that fans are clamoring for him to play more as the season progresses, much like we did with Bouknight last year.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Chemistry.

I realize this will be a work on progress with integrating new players and a couple of returning injured players in to rotation.

Regardless, the two primary ball handlers, Cole and Gaffney, will have some players they gel with better than others.

Overall offensive flow and defensive pressure in the half court are my two biggest areas of interest.

Reaction Score
Donyell Marshall coaching. Love to see JC tree branches growing.

View attachment 61718

"Coaching" is stretching the meaning of the word and being very polite. In 4 seasons at CCSU, Donyell is 35-88 overall and an equally pathetic 19-53 in NEC games.

Reaction Score
RJ is the one I'm most interested in. Taking some heat off Bouk and creating would be huge. Second would be Gaffney. He's a guy with a balanced game and a good BB IQ who can be the glue amongst a talented group of players. Even a little overall improvement could be a big plus.

The frontcourt has the kind of talent where you go with whoever is performing the best or presents the best matchups. No worries about them developing.

Greg Wolf and Donny Marshall on FS1 8PM

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Yes. I went to one game the entire time I was there and haven't set foot on the campus since the day I left.
Funny, we recently hired a CCSU grad and I am rocking some vintage Huskies gear today for game day. When he got in I was already bouncing off the walls with anticipation for tonight's game, and I pounced on him at the door.

Me: So, are you excited for tonight's game?

Him: What game?

Me: Didn't you go to Central? I'm a UConn grad and hoops fanatic, and we are playing Central tonight for the season opener.

Him: Cool. I think Central made the NCAA tournament once didn't they?

Me: Pretty sure they made it a few times. Anyway, so about that assignment...

Reaction Score
Funny, we recently hired a CCSU grad and I am rocking some vintage Huskies gear today for game day. When he got in I was already bouncing off the walls with anticipation for tonight's game, and I pounced on him at the door.

Me: So, are you excited for tonight's game?

Him: What game?

Me: Didn't you go to Central? I'm a UConn grad and hoops fanatic, and we are playing Central tonight for the season opener.

Him: Cool. I think Central made the NCAA tournament once didn't they?

Me: Pretty sure they made it a few times. Anyway, so about that assignment...

It's a commuter school. They used to say PCP. Parking lot - Class - Parking lot. I went to 1 hoops game and 1 football game in 5 years. And I never set one foot in a dorm there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom