What are you binge watching? | The Boneyard

What are you binge watching?

Reaction Score
After working in the yard for a few hours I settle down in front of the tv and start going thru the channels. It was so much simpler years ago when we had three or four. Now we have to decide between six or seven hundred. I don't know what you are choosing but so far I've watched Gunsmoke's with future stars in minor roles. Harrison
Ford, Richard Dryfuss, Charles Bronson and I'm sure many others. Any names to add to Gunmoke or any other older programs?

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
After working in the yard for a few hours I settle down in front of the tv and start going thru the channels. It was so much simpler years ago when we had three or four. Now we have to decide between six or seven hundred. I don't know what you are choosing but so far I've watched Gunsmoke's with future stars in minor roles. Harrison
Ford, Richard Dryfuss, Charles Bronson and I'm sure many others. Any names to add to Gunmoke or any other older programs?

For me it was the iconic "Have Gun, Will Travel". There are some real gems in the stories of that jaded hero, he was the dark knight when Batman was just Batman.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Just watched Pennyworth on Epix - about Bruce Wayne's (Batman) butler - his origin story. Entertaining. Also watched Sex Education on Netflix - it was really good. Asa Butterfield and Gillian Anderson really shine, especially Anderson. She's a hoot.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Just watched Pennyworth on Epix - about Bruce Wayne's (Batman) butler - his origin story. Entertaining. Also watched Sex Education on Netflix - it was really good. Asa Butterfield and Gillian Anderson really shine, especially Anderson. She's a hoot.
I'm so glad you posted about Pennyworth. I started it and liked it but then got distracted and didn't go back.
I think I got as far as his wife's (Esme?) death. maybe a couple more.
I think I will.

Reaction Score
Besides some of the obvious: Homeland, Better Call Saul, Peep Show, and Justified here are some really great ones:

Hanna
Deep State
Luther
Money Heist

happy viewing

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
I am still in season one...what do you mean by "jumped the shark"?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I am still in season one...what do you mean by "jumped the shark"?

It refers to an episode of "Happy Days" when Fonzie jumped over a shark tank on a motorcycle. Basically when a show has run out of stories and character arcs and has to resort to totally outlandish gimmicks, it has jumped the shark. IMO many shows go too long and end up at that point.

But the show definitely started out well and I enjoyed the various characters and their chemistry together.

edit--oops, Fonzie jumped a shark while water skiing, not on a motorcycle

Reaction Score
A lot of old sports. UConn women, Yankees, Celtics, and believe it or not the NY Giants won a few big games.
Pluto TV has a PGA station that is showing old tournaments, lots of Tiger wins. Pluto has a whole catagory called "binge watching". I'm a night owl and late nights Pluto has old Lexx reruns. Looks really hokie at first look but it was a surprisingly sophisticated show.

Youtube is a great source for sport replays from long ago. Watching has made me realize that the icons I remember as perfect weren't. Makes me more optimistic about today's team. Speaking of which Youtube has a lot of complete Hopkins and USA games from the last 3 years.

Reaction Score
It refers to an episode of "Happy Days" when Fonzie jumped over a shark tank on a motorcycle. Basically when a show has run out of stories and character arcs and has to resort to totally outlandish gimmicks, it has jumped the shark. IMO many shows go too long and end up at that point.

But the show definitely started out well and I enjoyed the various characters and their chemistry together.

edit--oops, Fonzie jumped a shark while water skiing, not on a motorcycle
Did anyone ever play a character better than Henry Winkler? Fonzie became an icon. He surpassed every other character on the show, even "Leather Tuscadaro".

Reaction Score
I've been watching several series on Disney+ catching up on all the spin off stuff from the Star Wars movies. Finished "The Mandelorian" and am now watching the animated Clone Wars series.

Even though it is animated, The Clone Wars is not really for little kids and the animation is gorgeous.

Other series that we have watched include "Eureka" and my wife enjoyed "Schitt's Creek."

Reaction Score
Outlander, Ozark, pulled out the old VHS tapes from the Girl's games from the mid to late 90's.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
McMillions, The Pharmacist, Un Village Francais, The Office, Poldark, Nova, Fleabag,Paranoid, Broadchurch, Shetland, The Tunnel , Collateral, Unforgotten, Hinterland.

Reaction Score
For me it was the iconic "Have Gun, Will Travel". There are some real gems in the stories of that jaded hero, he was the dark knight when Batman was just Batman.
When I was about 10 I had black double-holster Paladin 6 gun set, complete with black cowboy hat and "Have Gun Will Travel" calling cards. I WAS Wire Paladin.

Have Gun, Will Travel" reads the card of a man
A knight without armor in a savage land
A fast gun for hire heeds the calling wind
And they call him... Paladin

1587069619404.png

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
I really enjoyed that show for 2 or 3 seasons. It started trailing off for me and probably jumped the shark several times. I stopped watching before the series wrapped up.
I just saw its starting back up again. I'm still watching but not sure why.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I really enjoyed that show for 2 or 3 seasons. It started trailing off for me and probably jumped the shark several times. I stopped watching before the series wrapped up.
Jumped the shark is perfect for that show. I really enjoyed it , and then it just went off the rails. Must have lost the head writer or something. :(

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom