What an absolute joke | Page 4 | The Boneyard

What an absolute joke

Reaction Score
That’s a good one. I don’t care about AD expenditures - I care about football expenditures overall. Our salary pool is pitiful.

Good one on the no patience. No one has any patience - the football program has been horrid for 10 years. What’s another 20, amirite?

Every single thing the administration and AD has done (or more appropriately not done), points to a total lack of commitment to a successful football program.

lack of patience, that’s a good one.

If the admin wants to save money, just hire the entire staff of most successful FCS problem that we can get. Anything is better than the outdated coaching staff we got now. We need a coaching staff with more modern offense and defense period.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
did you look at the article? Spending on FB recruiting is near the bottom in both dollars spent and % of total spending. Somehow this translates to 'commitment ' to FB? I would bet that both BB programs spend as much or more on a lot fewer prospects.

I love it. Somehow, spending more than Wisconsin on recruiting and almost twice as much as Houston translates to you as "no commitment to FB".

Whatever, bro. I guess you continue to do you...

Reaction Score
We had a team go undefeated two years in a row and they didn't get a sniff of the playoffs. We had to invent a national championship share for them.

The football by and large is good quality. But it doesn't matter because the nation doesn't care about these teams. So we're losing games and losing money. We won't regret leaving the conference. We can only regret not getting in to the other football conferences...
UConnDan - they had 70,000 at the Memphis SMU game. The AAC has 3 top 25 teams. UCF finished in the top 10 two years straight. The conference is more relevant every year that passes. Maybe we don’t fit as a matter of regional interest, but the AAC has growing national interest. The football is too good to ignore. I would have never suspected it would progress the way it has. We just managed to stink up the joint and blow it in a conference we should have dominated in basketball and football. The proof is Cincinnati and Temple seem to so just fine.

Reaction Score
UConnDan - they had 70,000 at the Memphis SMU game. The AAC has 3 top 25 teams. UCF finished in the top 10 two years straight. The conference is more relevant every year that passes. Maybe we don’t fit as a matter of regional interest, but the AAC has growing national interest. The football is too good to ignore. I would have never suspected it would progress the way it has. We just managed to stink up the joint and blow it in a conference we should have dominated in basketball and football. The proof is Cincinnati and Temple seem to so just fine.
Four top 25 teams now actually... and UCF #26

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

Unfortunately, it CAN be ignored. Unfortunately, you're dead wrong. And UCF proved it. If you can win more than 25 games in a row and don't play in the playoffs, you're irrelevant. You're ignored...

Reaction Score
I love it. Somehow, spending more than Wisconsin on recruiting and almost twice as much as Houston translates to you as "no commitment to FB".

Whatever, bro. I guess you continue to do you...

Don't think I ever said no commitment. The commitment is weak at best. Which longer term will be negative for the UConn athletic department. You may not agree but that does not change the facts. FB has been relegated to third place.

Reaction Score
UConn sponsors 22 teams. Thats 50% more than many of the schools in the B12 which carry the D1 miniumum of 7 mens and womens teams or 6 mens and 8 womens teams. Some of those extra teams we carry have large memberships which need to be recruited. A Cincinatti carries 5 less teams than we do. Houston has only six mens sports.

Reaction Score
UConn sponsors 22 teams. Thats 50% more than many of the schools in the B12 which carry the D1 miniumum of 7 mens and womens teams or 6 mens and 8 womens teams. Some of those extra teams we carry have large memberships which need to be recruited. A Cincinatti carries 5 less teams than we do. Houston has only six mens sports.

With the lack of revenue in the AD why is this so? Someone needs to get an answer from AD Dave and the President.

Reaction Score
Well FSU just fired Willie Taggert with a buyout of 17M. I no we can’t afford that kind of money, but 1M! Come on!

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Except for the numerous recent contracts signed with multiple schools that extend out for the next 7 - 8 years. But you know... why let data enter your conclusion... :rolleyes:
Not the only BY board on which this happen.

Reaction Score
Except for the numerous recent contracts signed with multiple schools that extend out for the next 7 - 8 years. But you know... why let data enter your conclusion... :rolleyes:

Your arrogant condescension is duly noted.

Any other "winning" arguments you wish to present?

Husky25

Reaction Score
I claim no inside information and have not spoken with anyone in Storrs. Just based on public information one is hard pressed to come to any conclusion other than the possible sacrifice of FB was an acceptable risk to protect M&WBB.
Based on public information, an alternate reasonable conclusion (more reasonable if one were to ask me) is that UConn believes their brand is worth more than a $6.94M AAV for 12 years and less exposure while forcing their fans to pay even more for the privileged to view content they historically received for free.

The ten games already scheduled for what was supposed to be a dumpster fire of a season (2020) has already generated more enthusiasm than yet another season in the AAC. If SNY plays ball as I expect them to, UConn can approach $10M AAV, when cost savings and media revenues are all considered. The cap for current AAC programs is $6.94M.

Reaction Score
Based on public information, an alternate reasonable conclusion (more reasonable if one were to ask me) is that UConn believes their brand is worth more than a $6.94M AAV for 12 years and less exposure while forcing their fans to pay even more for the privileged to view content they historically received for free.

The ten games already scheduled for what was supposed to be a dumpster fire of a season (2020) has already generated more enthusiasm than yet another season in the AAC. If SNY plays ball as I expect them to, UConn can approach $10M AAV, when cost savings and media revenues are all considered. The cap for current AAC programs is $6.94M.

Hopefully you are correct. I remain skeptical until I see some real information on media contracts.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

I am more excited about next years schedule than many in the past 6 years
Overall, It is more varied and contains interesting teams - not that the home schedule for an indy team is going to blow anyones sock off
Joining the NBE is a punch in the groin for football but somehow RE and subsequent coaches have to make it work - they will get no help from the administration
It can't really hurt recruiting because there are attractive games in the horizon

Reaction Score

This is a simplistic view of things. Don't forget about lost playoff and bowl money as well. The AAC is "capped" at media revenue, but also now they get to divide UConn's share too.

Reaction Score
This is a simplistic view of things. Don't forget about lost playoff and bowl money as well. The AAC is "capped" at media revenue, but also now they get to divide UConn's share too.
Is it simplistic to believe UConn has zero negative impact on the AAC’s total revenue from media, bowl, or other sources to allocate to member schools? IDK, just pondering possibilities.

Reaction Score
Is it simplistic to believe UConn has zero negative impact on the AAC’s total revenue from media, bowl, or other sources to allocate to member schools? IDK, just pondering possibilities.
From those sources? Not likely. But from NCAA tournament credits for sure. Men and especially women's.

Reaction Score
From those sources? Not likely. But from NCAA tournament credits for sure. Men and especially women's.
Losing the best recognized brand despite subpar performance in the hoops you introduced, are you suggesting ESPN has no contractual right to renegotiate with the AAC? Sources?

Reaction Score
You are just realizing this? Athletic department and administration don’t give a hoot about the program, not shocking that the team is so horrible.

there needs to be a limit how many times you can post the exact same comment.

Reaction Score
Warde too. Lounging on the beach in a Hawaiian shirt and fedora, sipping on piña coladas with the little umbrellas in them while our spot in the ACC was getting swiped out from under us.

Is there actually a picture of this?

Husky25

Reaction Score
Don't know if ESPN will go quietly into that good night and just let 11 programs get $700k more than they originally agreed.

No G5 team will ever make the 4 team playoff. They will probaby get thrown a bone IF it goes to 8 teams, but will always play #1 in the 1st round.

Bowl alliances can be made. Liberty, Army, and BYU all have them. I think NMSU does as well. Be that as it may, how about we cross that bridge when UConn achieves eligibility and is passed over. Also, when they do go to a bowl, they won't have to split the payout with the conference.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom