What a surprise and so cool | The Boneyard

What a surprise and so cool

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Yes. Rutgers does it as well, or has in the past. To be fair, the player didn't sound unhappy that only had to leave a phone message, but the time or 2 that we were home they were very polite and it does make you feel connected.

In a different tact, Arizona chooses a few season ticket buyers / donors to have their tickets delivered by 4 members of the team. I have a photo from U of A having my tickets delivered by the star of the team, and 3 other players right in my living room. Very nice.

Reaction Score
Arizona chooses a few season ticket buyers / donors to have their tickets delivered by 4 members of the team. I have a photo from U of A having my tickets delivered by the star of the team, and 3 other players right in my living room. Very nice.

I think I would fall on the floor if my doorbell rang and there was Stefanie Dolson or KML or Stewie. . . .

sTu

Reaction Score
My call was from a member of the baseball team. Nice but........

Reaction Score
Our call was from Morgan Tuck. My wife told her how much we enjoyed watching her play and she thanked us very, very much. I know that pledge time is coming up, but this was a very thoughtful idea gesture from the Uconn folks and was greatly appreciated!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Wow. What a great idea. Very cool for the players to do that and obviously it makes a big impact on the fans. My parents are on vacation in California - I wonder who left the message on their answering machine. It will make my dad's week for sure!!

Reaction Score
I think I would fall on the floor if my doorbell rang and there was Stefanie Dolson or KML or Stewie. . . .
I don't know if I'd do that, but I'd certainly be lost for words and I talk a LOT.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I would assume I had done something wrong and they were there to identify me. (how they would know who I was.....I have no idea. Haven't really thought this through. :confused:)

Reaction Score
Just received a call from Kelly Faris thanking me for supporting UConn athletics...how cool and what a great idea

Lucky you ... I came home to a message on my answering machine from a UCONN volleyball player. Oh yeah, and she wanted more money, too ;)

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I got a call from the IRS. The guy said he was a big UConn women's fan.

Seriously, though, nice idea.

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
Got a signed, blank check here waiting for Shea Ralph to call.....please...

Reaction Score
I have been really busy lately - changing roles at work, trying to get everything in the old role tied up while starting work on the new role and lots of work to do before I head down to Atlanta to see the youngest son get his bachelors degree from Georgia Tech.

I was home all day yesterday, and I mean all day, working. Finally decided I needed a treat, so oldest son and I took a quick 15 minute trip to Dairy Queen for a Heath blizzard with chocolate ice cream to bring home. In that 15 minutes, the delightful Ms. Morgan Tuck left me a very nice voice mail message thanking me for my support. And, she even pronounced my last name 100% correctly, a feat that the majority of people seem to have a hard time with. I would have passed up the blizzard had I known Morgan was going to call - or at least waited a half hour.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I suppose you'll want her to visit in a bikini too?
Well, if it's cold outside, she could wear an outer coat too. :)

Actually, Megan lives in the same town where I used to live. My son was about 6 years ahead of her in school.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Since I live in Wisconsin, I go to Marquette games when UConn is visiting. Ever since I started doing this, I have received a call each year from coach Terri Mitchell. A robo call to be sure, but still a nice marketing tactic I think.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Well, if it's cold outside, she could wear an outer coat too. :)

Actually, Megan lives in the same town where I used to live. My son was about 6 years ahead of her in school.

I would love it if she would consider visiting here, too - but she'd definitely need a good outer coat. We're getting up to 10" of new snow overnight. Neither the baseball nor the softball teams at the high school where I work have got a game in yet this season. Soccer has played one match thus far, and the track teams one meet - only because it was indoors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom