What a surprise and so cool | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What a surprise and so cool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
And, she even pronounced my last name 100% correctly, a feat that the majority of people seem to have a hard time with. I would have passed up the blizzard had I known Morgan was going to call - or at least waited a half hour.

Chapette isn't hard to pronounce. ;-)

Reaction Score
My cell phone just rang in my office and y'all got my hopes up ... nope, sadly, it was the orthopaedic calling me saying I now need to go to physical therapy ... good grief, this getting old isn't fun and I just turned 30 -- oh well....what the heck do y'all have to do to get calls? I would hope the school that I am a season ticket holder for would do something like that, but no ... now granted, they do have a pre-season kick-off dinner, reception and time where you can play basketball and learn drills from the team, so that it something, I suppose; and we do get a Christmas card, but dang, I would love to get a call from someone! But, I guess having CD come down to Raleigh last week was my treat, haha!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
My cell phone just rang in my office and y'all got my hopes up ... nope, sadly, it was the orthopaedic calling me saying I now need to go to physical therapy ... good grief, this getting old isn't fun and I just turned 30 -- oh well....what the heck do y'all have to do to get calls? I would hope the school that I am a season ticket holder for would do something like that, but no ... now granted, they do have a pre-season kick-off dinner, reception and time where you can play basketball and learn drills from the team, so that it something, I suppose; and we do get a Christmas card, but dang, I would love to get a call from someone! But, I guess having CD come down to Raleigh last week was my treat, haha!
Go get that PT and work at it. Stay strong and flexible. It gets tougher when you reach the average Boneyarder age. :)

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
....what the heck do y'all have to do to get calls? I would hope the school that I am a season ticket holder for would do something like that, but no ... now granted, they do have a pre-season kick-off dinner, reception and time where you can play basketball and learn drills from the team, so that it something, I suppose; and we do get a Christmas card, but dang, I would love to get a call from someone!
As someone once told me, back when I started following WBB, "just give, baby, give". The mantra of college sports. One of the folks at RU, I don't remember the department, made the comment to us that the college can (they may not) do a whole bunch of things for an individual fan, while an individual fan can do very little for an individual athlete - however, they can impact the whole team and the lives of the student athletes by giving to the university.

I've never been a "big" giver, but my wife and I grew our gift each year (from a very modest start) until we moved to AZ (when we split it between RU and UofA). I'll never forget what a coach told a group at RU (gymnastics coach) - if every one in this room gave $25 to my program, you have no idea of the impact that would make. That's when we started giving.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Gee, my call today was from the receptionist...of the doc who will be doing my cataract surgery.
I forgot to ask if she plays basketball.
Good luck with that. Had my right eye done in Feb. Much better, although because of both near-sightedness and astigmatism, I still have to wear glasses/contacts. :( Was hoping they would be able to fix everything in one full swoop, but no go.

But as procedures go, easy breezy.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
Good luck with that. Had my right eye done in Feb. Much better, although because of both near-sightedness and astigmatism, I still have to wear glasses/contacts. :( Was hoping they would be able to fix everything in one full swoop, but no go.

But as procedures go, easy breezy.

Yeah, I don't have expectations of no eyeglasses. I too have astigmatism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member