What’s the updated starting 5 tonight | Page 3 | The Boneyard

What’s the updated starting 5 tonight

Reaction Score
Bouk moves Jackson to the bench (eventually). Jackson has to wait till next year to start. I doubt he minds.

Reaction Score
Cole has been playing really well coming off the bench, and I also wouldn't be shocked to see DH bring Bouk off the bench his first game back. That being said, we got off to a super slow start last game with Gaffney starting, and Cole started the 2nd half, so I think he's earned the starting gig back.

My prediction:

Cole
Martin
Jackson
Whaley
Sanogo

Bouk first guy off the bench for Whaley or Sanogo, sliding Martin and Jackon over.

Wow, we are deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.
Ahem.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I like the lineup of Cole Bouk Martin Jackson and Whaley going forward.
Gives us the best mix of offensive and defensive firepower with versatility.
Gaffney Polley Akok and Sanogo off the bench.
With Bouk back I agree with @upstater that it can really help Polly’s game and get him more looks. Teams were really starting to focus on him lately. He’s also starting to put the ball on the floor more recently to get in the lane and rebound. Would be great for us to have him continue to develop his game.

Hopefully things keep growing and clicking for this team with the tourney coming up!

Reaction Score
I like the lineup of Cole Bouk Martin Jackson and Whaley going forward.
Gives us the best mix of offensive and defensive firepower with versatility.
Gaffney Polley Akok and Sanogo off the bench.
With Bouk back I agree with @upstater that it can really help Polly’s game and get him more looks. Teams were really starting to focus on him lately. He’s also starting to put the ball on the floor more recently to get in the lane and rebound. Would be great for us to have him continue to develop his game.

Hopefully things keep growing and clicking for this team with the tourney coming up!
Damn, that is such a strong 9-man rotation. Whoever starts to me is irrelevant; the guys who are making a difference (whether starting or from the bench) in helping us win and creating meaningful on-court advantages is what matters most to me.

If our 10th man is Carlton, that is just scary. Any of our top 10 can start and/or finish. It is up to DH bring it together.

All off-season I dreamed of this. The next month, God willing, we will watch evolve.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Damn, that is such a strong 9-man rotation. Whoever starts to me is irrelevant; the guys who are making a difference (whether starting or from the bench) in helping us win and creating meaningful on-court advantages is what matters most to me.

If our 10th man is Carlton, that is just scary. Any of our top 10 can start and/or finish. It is up to DH bring it together.

All off-season I dreamed of this. The next month, God willing, we will watch evolve.
It really is. It was beautiful to see Sanogo and Whaley get in foul trouble yesterday just to have Carlton come off the bench to have 7 and 7. The depth we have is amazing.

Reaction Score
Against Villanova we should see Cole, Bouk, Jackson, Martin and Whaley as the starting 5

Agreed. Nova basically starts 3 guards and 2 combo forwards...a lineup with 2 bigs would be difficult on us defensively.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Agreed. Nova basically starts 3 guards and 2 combo forwards...a lineup with 2 bigs would be difficult on us defensively.

I don’t think we see a change except for Bouk starting over Jackson. Sanogo will be trouble for Nova.

Reaction Score
I don’t think we see a change except for Bouk starting over Jackson. Sanogo will be trouble for Nova.

The question is what presents more of an advantage/disadvantage based on matchups. Jeremiah Robinson-Earl would probably struggle with Sanogo's size/physicality in the post, but Sanogo would struggle more trying to guard JRE. He's in inside/out type but is 6'9" 235...not as big as Sanogo but not a small dude.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The question is what presents more of an advantage/disadvantage based on matchups. Jeremiah Robinson-Earl would probably struggle with Sanogo's size/physicality in the post, but Sanogo would struggle more trying to guard JRE. He's in inside/out type but is 6'9" 235...not as big as Sanogo but not a small dude.

This is a situation where Sanogo may get us a bucket or two but gets himself in to foul trouble and spikes UConn team fouls early on.
Against a team like Nova, UConn doesn't necessarily need points or rebounds from Sanogo. This is the life of an evolving back to the basket freshman big.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom