What’s the updated starting 5 tonight | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What’s the updated starting 5 tonight

Reaction Score
I think we see Gaffney, Jackson, Martin, Whaley, Sanogo

The same group that started at X.

Reaction Score
Anyone putting Whaley and Sanogo together to start this game shouldn’t coach. Both players combined for 9 fouls last outing against PC so the last thing you need is both of them racking up 2 early and we have Josh getting 10-15 mins. As much as I love josh I would much rather have Sanogo or Whaley out there.

Additionally, Whaley played very well in the 2nd half at the 5 and was a defensive cornerstone. We’ll need that again. With Akok back he should be taking minutes at the 4 so there shouldn’t be much time where you see both out there. Also Horchler has been playing his best basketball lately and I don’t think you’d be getting the most out of Whaley if he plays the 4. I’d rather see Whaley and Sanogo rotate at the 5.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Anyone putting Whaley and Sanogo together to start this game shouldn’t coach. Both players combined for 9 fouls last outing against PC so the last thing you need is both of them racking up 2 early and we have Josh getting 10-15 mins. As much as I love josh I would much rather have Sanogo or Whaley out there.

Additionally, Whaley played very well in the 2nd half at the 5 and was a defensive cornerstone. We’ll need that again. With Akok back he should be taking minutes at the 4 so there shouldn’t be much time where you see both out there. Also Horchler has been playing his best basketball lately and I don’t think you’d be getting the most out of Whaley if he plays the 4. I’d rather see Whaley and Sanogo rotate at the 5.

They got those fouls for a reason, because interior defense was critical. When we only have one of Whaley, Sanogo and Akok, our interior defense stinks. Every team we face knows our 5 chases out beyond the line, they sucker us out and then attack the vacant rim from the wings. There is a chance that Jackson can actually provide something in that role, but Martin hasn't and Polley certainly cannot.

Reaction Score
Polly doesn’t deserve to start. But he’ll come in and drop at least four 3s with Bouk and Sanogo spreading the floor and Martin taking the rock to the rim or kicking it out.

Reaction Score
Polly doesn’t deserve to start. But he’ll come in and drop at least four 3s with Bouk and Sanogo spreading the floor and Martin taking the rock to the rim or kicking it out.
If Polley hits 4 threes we win by 20.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'll go with the gery answer of I'm more looking forward to see who finishes.

I'm hoping to see Bouk healthy enough and ready enough to be on the floor when the game ends moreso than I am concerned about him starting.

At end of game I want to see Gaff, Cole, Bouk, Martin and Whaley. If FT's really become a premium Polley comes in for Martin.

Reaction Score
I think Polley will and should get some minutes at the same time that Bouk is on the floor so he can benefit from clean looks resulting from the increased focus on Bouk.
Exactly what I was thinking. If Bouk is going to get 20 minutes, I want Polley to get those same 20.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
At end of game I want to see Gaff, Cole, Bouk, Martin and Whaley. If FT's really become a premium Polley comes in for Martin.
I don't know about Gaff, Cole and Bouk being on the floor at the same time very much.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I don't know about Gaff, Cole and Bouk being on the floor at the same time very much.

I'm talking about end of the game, last 90-120 seconds when protecting a lead and FT's matter.

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
Sanogo is starting. He’s coming off BE freshman of the week honors and has started every game.
Yes but Whaley is a significantly better post defender so you put him at the 5 on Watson. You don’t have Sanogo guarding Horchler, Martin can do just fine on him.

I’m sure Sanogo will get plenty of run today but having him start just might not be the best strategy today, we’ll see.
Agreed on both counts. Excited to see the starting lineup and the in-game rotation. For me, it's key that we see stretches with Bouk, Jackson, and Martin in the game at the same time. Makes us so versatile.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
RJ, Bouk, Andre, Martin, Whaley

Gaff, Adama and Akok off the Bench.

No minutes for anyone else.

I can assure you Polley is getting minutes every game going forward.

That is the 9 man rotation.

Carlton and Adams only playing in emergency situations.

Reaction Score
Bringing bouk off the bench would be a Glastonbury Basketball Association move. This is a big East game for a team that wants to make the tournament. Bouk is starting.
As someone who has won multiple GBA championships spanning many years - you are correct. This isn't Smith Middle School against the red team, the is the BE.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Exactly what I was thinking. If Bouk is going to get 20 minutes, I want Polley to get those same 20.

I don't get this. He has never shown that the presence of Bouk somehow transforms him into to much better player. Or Vital. Or even both of them. His D has been terrible. Lately, his shooting has been terrible, even when wide open. It's been four years, he's just not that good. More than 5 minutes would be too much.

Reaction Score
As someone who has won multiple GBA championships spanning many years - you are correct. This isn't Smith Middle School against the red team, the is the BE.
Red team sucked

Reaction Score
Gaffney, Bouknight, Martin, Whaley, Sanogo to start. Sub Jackson in for Sanogo down the stretch and whichever of the PGs is playing better gets the closing minutes
This lets RJ & Jax play more together. Cole is at his best when he can shoot. Jax has a good handle, can pass and has the size & athletic ability RJ lacks..

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I don't get this. He has never shown that the presence of Bouk somehow transforms him into to much better player. Or Vital. Or even both of them. His D has been terrible. Lately, his shooting has been terrible, even when wide open. It's been four years, he's just not that good. More than 5 minutes would be too much.
I didn't mean to suggest that Polley get the same minutes as Bouk; only that whatever minutes he get be while Bouk is in the game because that is likely to lead to cleaner looks for him and less pressure on him.

He had a few good games before Bouk went out and hasn't played as well since, in large part because teams could focus on him. I agree he has missed some open looks of late, but I'd still expect to see him for 7-10 minutes tonight.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom