Whalley | The Boneyard

Whalley

Reaction Score
He is challenged on he offensive end. His two missed foul shots are the two points we lost by.

The idea that a player like Whalley, who couldn't get on the court on most past UConn teams is somehow the answer to anything only shows how far we have sunk.

Reaction Score
Yeah I didn’t like that 3 by vital when the drive was there another crucial play
I don’t like the fade away twos in the lane AA barely graze rim TL air ball/short JA short

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
It took KO 10 games to realize DO was trash and IW is a solid big for this team. Unbelievable.
Yes but out of curiosity, how many games did it take JC to figure out (then freshman) Marcus White was a solid big for that team?

(trick question, Blaney started playing him when JC was recovering from prostate cancer surgery. MW performed so well that JC continued playing him).

I would love to see more of IW. I wouldn't mind seeing some Polley as well. The thing is most coaches have taken a bit longer than necessary giving PT to freshman at one point or another during their coaching careers (during Toraino Walker's freshman year how much PT did he get before the Big East Tournament?). That in and of itself is not an indictment.

Reaction Score
Yeah I didn’t like that 3 by vital when the drive was there another crucial play
I don’t like the fade away twos in the lane AA barely graze rim TL air ball/short JA short

My knock on JA is he shy’s away from contact every time he drives. I know that’s how he makes a lot of those layups but as many times as he drives he rarely gets fouled. That fade away when we were up 1 and the ball at end of first OT has to be taken strong.

Reaction Score
My knock on JA is he shy’s away from contact every time he drives. I know that’s how he makes a lot of those layups but as many times as he drives he rarely gets fouled. That fade away when we were up 1 and the ball at end of first OT has to be taken strong.

Yeah I seen too many bumps or swipe downs that go uncalled constantly even the one where he went one on 3 for the layup early in the first , but I agree we have to drive hard to basket create the contact n hope they freaking call it

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Whaley is marginal, but he’s Lew Alcindor compared to DO.

Scariest thing about our head coach is that it took him 13 games to realize what it took everyone else two games to realize - that DO cannot play.

Btw - he might want to play Polley one of these days. He’s so fond of wasting minutes on lost causes and he’s yanking around one of his better recruits lately.

You’d think he would have learned from last year exodus, but learning doesn’t seem to happen there.

Reaction Score
Bright spots. Whalley becoming important. DO sitting. Better ball movement. Good KO timeouts. KW seeing minutes. Bad spots. CV's quick trigger. Dysfunctional inbound plays. Anderson still a bricking.

Reaction Score
Bright spots. Whalley becoming important. DO sitting. Better ball movement. Good KO timeouts. KW seeing minutes. Bad spots. CV's quick trigger. Dysfunctional inbound plays. Anderson still a bricking.
CV doesn’t understand that when he makes a couple shots, he doesn’t have to immediately take the next, no matter how open he is.

Reaction Score

Scariest thing about our head coach is that it took him 13 games to realize what it took everyone else two games to realize - that DO cannot play.

Btw - he might want to play Polley one of these days. He’s so fond of wasting minutes on lost causes and he’s yanking around one of his better recruits lately.

You’d think he would have learned from last year exodus, but learning doesn’t seem to happen there.

Ouch. The truth hurts but so true.

Reaction Score
Yes but out of curiosity, how many games did it take JC to figure out (then freshman) Marcus White was a solid big for that team?

(trick question, Blaney started playing him when JC was recovering from prostate cancer surgery. MW performed so well that JC continued playing him).

I would love to see more of IW. I wouldn't mind seeing some Polley as well. The thing is most coaches have taken a bit longer than necessary giving PT to freshman at one point or another during their coaching careers (during Toraino Walker's freshman year how much PT did he get before the Big East Tournament?). That in and of itself is not an indictment.
That team had Okafor and Hilton in the frontcourt.

Reaction Score

If Benedict somehow doesn't pull the trigger we can expect some more transfers this offseason. The players know how far in over his head the coach is.

Reaction Score

Agreed about DO but I think you're underrating Whaley, he's a nice piece. Good game for him tonight. Tremendous pick late in regulation to free up Adams for a three point play, good hedging, good challenging of shots. The combination of height, athleticism and motor is impressive, but more importantly the kid has an excellent feel for how to play the game. I wouldn't mind going back in time and putting him on the 2003 team.

Not so sure on Polley, he's been the anti-Whaley as far as activity is concerned - stand at the 3 point line on offense, stand around on defense. Maybe that could have been overcome with better coaching (he showed flashes early) but I'd prefer to see more of Kwintin at the moment.

Reaction Score
If Benedict somehow doesn't pull the trigger we can expect some more transfers this offseason. The players know how far in over his head the coach is.
If he does pull the trigger transfers are guaranteed.

Reaction Score
Agreed about DO but I think you're underrating Whaley, he's a nice piece. Good game for him tonight. Tremendous pick late in regulation to free up Adams for a three point play, good hedging, good challenging of shots. The combination of height, athleticism and motor is impressive, but more importantly the kid has an excellent feel for how to play the game. I wouldn't mind going back in time and putting him on the 2003 team.

Not so sure on Polley, he's been the anti-Whaley as far as activity is concerned - stand at the 3 point line on offense, stand around on defense. Maybe that could have been overcome with better coaching (he showed flashes early) but I'd prefer to see more of Kwintin at the moment.
I would take Polley out just on how he runs up the court , it seems like a struggle with him

Reaction Score
If he does pull the trigger transfers are guaranteed.
Sure, if you are keeping Ollie just because you don't want any players transferring you are all messed up. The only players that would get real tick on past Uconn teams are most likely leaving anyway.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Sure, if you are keeping Ollie just because you don't want any players transferring you are all messed up. The only players that would get real tick on past Uconn teams are most likely leaving anyway.

You think this program is going to ever get the kind of players they did in JC’s heyday again? Pass me your pipe.

Reaction Score
You think this program is going to ever get the kind of players they did in JC’s heyday again? Pass me your pipe.
The longer you let Ollie destroy it the harder it gets. You've made yourself clear that Ollie is the only person who can ever coach UConn and your act is incredibly dumb and beyond old. Not going through this again with you.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom